The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Offer from the Bartlett :smile:)))
Reply 1381
Original post by Storm2323
Offer from the Bartlett :smile:)))

Congratulations!! Hopefully see you in september :smile:
What subjects are you taking/ predicted if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by cowie
Congratulations!! Hopefully see you in september :smile:
What subjects are you taking/ predicted if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you! Ahaha I actually rejected it, I've accepted Nottingham instead :smile:
I'm doing foundation at the moment, but I did Art, business and English - A*A*B
Original post by zzdevzz
Congratulations!!!

May I see your portfolio too, it must be amazing :smile:

Hope your working hard to get in!

Original post by tfaulkner
If you are showing your portfolio any chance i could see it as well?

Here you go! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B54FT1y_V0ASMGNEb0ZxOVNweDQ/view?usp=sharing
This is just a part of my portfolio, I also brought two sketchbooks and also a physical model however due to their size I am not able to scan them on to the computer sorry! My portfolio isn't the best example because they don't want to see any architecture drawings (which I didn't actually bring) and also life drawings. I strongly feel that the ability to present your works is as important as the quality of the work itself so it would be great if you can spend one or two hours to prepare for the presentation of your works.
Good luck guys!
Original post by mqiu97
Got an offer from UCL this afternoon! I'm probably gonna firm UCL and take Edinburgh as my insurance

Congrats! I am literally making the same decision as you - firm UCL and take Edinburgh as my insurance. Did Edinburgh gave you an Abb offer too?
Original post by peterkeixo
Here you go! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B54FT1y_V0ASMGNEb0ZxOVNweDQ/view?usp=sharing
This is just a part of my portfolio, I also brought two sketchbooks and also a physical model however due to their size I am not able to scan them on to the computer sorry! My portfolio isn't the best example because they don't want to see any architecture drawings (which I didn't actually bring) and also life drawings. I strongly feel that the ability to present your works is as important as the quality of the work itself so it would be great if you can spend one or two hours to prepare for the presentation of your works.
Good luck guys!

Outstanding creations, Peter! Congratz!!!
Original post by hongwai
Outstanding creations, Peter! Congratz!!!

Thanks!
Reply 1387
Is there anybody still waiting to hear for an interview from UCL Bartlett? Its been more than 2 months that I sent off my task and still no response...
Reply 1388
Good luck guys!

This portfolio is outstanding!! Love your work, especially the Dada/Sureal one! Not surprised you got in:wink:
Reply 1389
Call them ASAP!! Really important as I imagine it may be too late already due to last interviews being very soon!!!

Original post by marpet
Is there anybody still waiting to hear for an interview from UCL Bartlett? Its been more than 2 months that I sent off my task and still no response...
Original post by marpet

extract from the app process on the UCL portico

"All applications that are submitted to UCAS by the 15 January deadline are given equal consideration. UCL carefully manages the number of places available to ensure that if you do not submit your application until 15 January you can expect it to be assessed in the same fair and consistent manner as an application received in October.Our degree programmes attract a large number of well qualified applicants so it may be some time before we can give you a decision. We shall, however, endeavour to consider your application as quickly as we can. It is quite usual for some applicants to hear sooner than others, but this does not mean that if you do not receive a quick response that your application will be unsuccessful. The majority of programmes at UCL use a 'semi-gathered field' whereby an admissions tutor will wait until a sufficient number of comparable applications have been received to make a decision. This will involve several such 'fields' between September and April."

you should ring them up as soon as possible as cowie said! It may be that for mistake they lost it, or that they could have contacted you for an interview but something has gone wrong and you didnt receive the message! it could be many things! I wish you the best! good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cowie
This portfolio is outstanding!! Love your work, especially the Dada/Sureal one! Not surprised you got in:wink:

Thank you! Yours is amazing too!
Thank you! Yours is amazing too!

really cool stuff in that portfolio! :smile: check out mine if you want ! is not going to be as good as yours! you've got some seriously well done pieces in there! https://francescopasquino97.carbonmade.com
(edited 8 years ago)
Good luck guys!

you have an incredible technical skill! potentially see you next year at UCL!
Original post by Francescopsq97
really cool stuff in that portfolio! :smile: check out mine if you want ! is not going to be as good as yours! you've got some seriously well done pieces in there! https://francescopasquino97.carbonmade.com

I love it! It's so amazing. I am sure that the interviewer will like your work :smile: Good luck in the interview!
Original post by georgiaaahg
you have an incredible technical skill! potentially see you next year at UCL!

Thank you! See you next year!
I love it! It's so amazing. I am sure that the interviewer will like your work :smile: Good luck in the interview!

thank you Peter!
Original post by PQ
It was such a shock to hear about this. I couldn't believe the interest/tributes on social media from people who I didn't think had any interest in architecture.

Did anyone see this article about "maverick" buildings: https://www.royalacademy.org.uk/article/britains-greatest-maverick-building (and the exhibition at the RA at the moment: https://www.royalacademy.org.uk/exhibition/mavericks-breaking-the-mould-of-british-architecture)

There's some absolute beauties on there :biggrin:

Thanks, VIP poster, for the url! Absolute beauties indeed! Yes, we are so lucky to have had Zaha, her creations will live on everywhere long after her passing.....Have a nice weekend!
Reply 1398
Hey guys, I am an overseas applicant so Bartlett didn't ask me for an interview, instead I have uploaded my portfolio to the portal and it has been 7 weeks but haven't heard anything back yet. Are overseas applicants evaluated the last or are there any of you who got reply after uploading your work to the portal?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by plamsy
Hey guys, I am an overseas applicant so Bartlett didn't ask me for an interview, instead I have uploaded my portfolio to the portal and it has been 7 weeks but haven't heard anything back yet. Are overseas applicants evaluated the last or are there any of you who got reply after uploading your work to the portal?

on the portico on the application process section it says that they always assess a candidate when they have got a sufficient number of comparable applicants. There is still one interview day so they didnt get to see all portfolios yet! So don't worry, once they will have seen more portfolios they will be likely to sort their decisions out :smile: good luck !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending