The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Accommodation Confirmation!

Hello all!

Just wondering if anyone received a confirmation for Accommodation yet? I applied for mine a few days ago but a bit confused with when they will let us know if we got what we wanted. I know they have prioritise but it says on the website that they will let us know once we have fulfilled our conditions. For most people that will be on Results Day but I have an unconditional offer from a merit award so I guess my conditions have been fulfilled? Argh I'm unsure!

Just slightly worried if it hasn't gone through...

Thanks anyway! :h:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've been wondering the same, I got an unconditional as well and applied 8 minutes after applications opened to get my first choice but still haven't heard anything of them.
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
I'm in the same boat i've got an unconditional so all conditions of my offer are fulfilled i guess, i applied an hour and a half after the applications opened but same as above i've not heard anything. Theyre also my firm firm choice so yud think they'd reply.
I got my response about 4 days after I accepted my offer. I was also surprised and slightly worried. Don't worry though! It will come, it just takes time...unfortunately xP
Original post by AaronSmash
I got my response about 4 days after I accepted my offer. I was also surprised and slightly worried. Don't worry though! It will come, it just takes time...unfortunately xP

Are you a current student at Aber or starting in september? and when you say after you acceped your offer do you mean when you chose your Firm/ insurance choices or after results in August?
Original post by owen_81297
Are you a current student at Aber or starting in september? and when you say after you acceped your offer do you mean when you chose your Firm/ insurance choices or after results in August?

I'm starting in September. I accepted it as my firm choice because I got the unconditional offer from the merit award. I got it a few days ago (the accommodation E-Mail). It shouldn't be too long till you get yours too c:
I'm starting in September. I accepted it as my firm choice because I got the unconditional offer from the merit award. I got it a few days ago (the accommodation E-Mail). It shouldn't be too long till you get yours too c:

Oh right, thanks. What course are you starting in September?
Oh right, thanks. What course are you starting in September?

Your welcome! I'm starting Environmental Earth Science. How about you? c:
Your welcome! I'm starting Environmental Earth Science. How about you? c:

Ah so youll be in IBERS? I'm starting Marine and Freshwater Biology.
Ah so youll be in IBERS? I'm starting Marine and Freshwater Biology.

Yeah. That's awesome! Sounds really interesting to be fair.
What accommodation are you hoping to go for?
Yeah. That's awesome! Sounds really interesting to be fair.
What accommodation are you hoping to go for?

I put cwrt mawr price band 1 (the one with nicer kitchen/lounges) as my top number one thats the one i like best after that id want either treflyone or rosser. What one did you get?
Reply 11
Hey guys, congrats to you. I am in the same boat as you. Can`t wait to see the final decision. Good luck to you all. And btw I`m from Bulgaria going to study CompSci :wink:
Original post by J0ana
Hey guys, congrats to you. I am in the same boat as you. Can`t wait to see the final decision. Good luck to you all. And btw I`m from Bulgaria going to study CompSci :wink:

what accommodation did you put down as your favourites?
Reply 13
I've got an unconditional and applied not long after applications opened. I also applied for the studio accommodation which is more expensive than some of the others so hopefully I will get that accommodation
Reply 14
I'm also worried! I've got a merit award and am wondering if on their system we aren't properly classed as unconditional yet so havent been given priority? I'm going to study Human Geography and my first choice accommodation was Fferm Penglais, my scholarship money may as well be spent on a nice place to live for a year! 😁
Reply 15
Original post by Roob T-B
I'm also worried! I've got a merit award and am wondering if on their system we aren't properly classed as unconditional yet so havent been given priority? I'm going to study Human Geography and my first choice accommodation was Fferm Penglais, my scholarship money may as well be spent on a nice place to live for a year! 😁

Ive also put down to go there! Guess we just have to wait...
Reply 16
Fern Penglais was my main choices as well, first for the studio then the basic en suite. Since the three of us have both out Fferm Penglais as our main choices that might be a reason we haven't heard from them yet.
I still haven't heard from them, too! Don't worry too much guys, we will get a response eventually lol. By the way I got an unconditional offer and firmed it before the application opened.
Original post by linaparusheva
I still haven't heard from them, too! Don't worry too much guys, we will get a response eventually lol. By the way I got an unconditional offer and firmed it before the application opened.

Yeah. Same here. What course are you going to do? c:
Yeah. Same here. What course are you going to do? c:

Tourism Management, can't wait to go there already!

Quick Reply

Latest