The Student Room Group

Getting to Cambridge: STEP by STEP!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1660
Original post by physicsmaths
Q5 they are looking for a similar aproach using a substitution note the
1-t^2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I got that, and that 32=sin60=cos30\frac{\sqrt{3}}{2} = \sin 60^{\circ} = \cos 30^{\circ} and 12=sin30=cos60\frac{1}{2} = \sin 30^{\circ} = \cos 60^{\circ} but I wrote down sin(cosx+nπ6)\sin \left(\cos x + \frac{n\pi}{6}\right) instead of sin(sin1t+nπ6)\sin\left( \sin^{-1} t + \frac{n\pi}{6}\right) so... I'm lost.
Original post by Zacken
Yeah, I got that, and that 32=sin60=cos30\frac{\sqrt{3}}{2} = \sin 60^{\circ} = \cos 30^{\circ} and 12=sin30=cos60\frac{1}{2} = \sin 30^{\circ} = \cos 60^{\circ} but I wrote down sin(cosx+nπ6)\sin \left(\cos x + \frac{n\pi}{6}\right) instead of sin(sin1t+nπ6)\sin\left( \sin^{-1} t + \frac{n\pi}{6}\right) so... I'm lost.

I'll show you how to do it dear
Original post by Zacken

Lol look over all your working again. At ur initial steps, ur gna be pissed. I would only drop a few not 10 u just made a scripted error/written error.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1663
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
You two shouldn't be complaining. Nothing is as bad as my chemistry...

Be quiet. :colonhash:

Original post by physicsmaths
Lol look over all your working again. At ur initial steps, ur gna be pissed. I would only drop a few not 10 u just made a scripted error/written error.

...spotted it. :facepalm:

Thanks. :biggrin:
Original post by Zacken
Be quiet. :colonhash:

...spotted it. :facepalm:

Thanks. :biggrin:

Lol. No problem mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1665
Objectives for today:

- Clean my room
- Go buy food
- Practice polar integration till I can do questions in under 8 minutes consistently.
- Finish off a few questions from III 2006 and II 2007
- Watch some random astrophysics videos and hope it's relevant to the spec

I've only got a few hours to do that because I'm going out for dinner... so I'll probably get none of it done actually oh well
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zacken
Objectives for today:

- Clean my room
- Go buy food
- Practice polar integration till I can do questions in under 8 minutes consistently.

I've only got a few hours to do that because I'm going out for dinner... so I'll probably get none of it done actually oh well

Let me know if this video is any good

Where are you practising polar coordinates from?
Original post by Zacken
Objectives for today:

- Clean my room
- Go buy food

I thought we discussed that watching random videos doesn't count as learning physics? Nice list btw I'm proud
Reply 1668
Let me know if this video is any good

Thanks for that, certainly looks good!

Where are you practising polar coordinates from?

I uhm, don't actually know yet. Okay, now I know. Looked it up, I'm using these.
Reply 1669
Original post by tinkerbella~
I thought we discussed that watching random videos doesn't count as learning physics? Nice list btw I'm proud

Kind of like how being in Spain isn't Spanish revision?
Original post by Zacken
Kind of like how being in Spain isn't Spanish revision?

It's depressing because you'll get a better grade in Physics than I will in Spanish despite me practising for a year and you learning the stuff the night before
Reply 1671
It's depressing because you'll get a better grade in Physics than I will in Spanish despite me practising for a year and you learning the stuff the night before

ayyyyy lmao

He's already done that with me in AS Physics despite never being in a lab.

Zacken, :stink:
Original post by Zacken
Objectives for today:

- Clean my room
- Go buy food

Of course he does the non-academic objective first

#priorities
Reply 1674
Original post by Student403

#priorities

Update: yet to start anything academic. :rofl:

legit
Original post by Student403

#priorities

Dude how goes things? You've been quiet these last few days :frown:
Dude how goes things? You've been quiet these last few days :frown:

Not bad, thanks! I think I've been more in to Runescape now lol - school tomorrow so squeezing the last of these holidays dry!

Original post by Zacken
Update: yet to start anything academic. :rofl:

legit

Hurry up dude :laugh:
He's already done that with me in AS Physics despite never being in a lab.

Zacken, :stink:

He's such an arrogant dick :yes:
He's such an arrogant dick :yes:

ikr, he once told me if i cant solve a 7th order polynomial with unique roots through inspection i should go back to GCSE
Reply 1679
Find the volume of the solid obtained when the region between the curve y=1xy = \frac{1}{x} and the xx-axis, for 1xa1 \leq x \leq a, is rotated through 2π2\pi radians about the xx-axis. What happens to this volume as aa tends to infinity?

Find a suitable lower bound for the surface area of the solid formed when rotating the above region through 2π2\pi radians about the xx-axis.

Comment on your lower bound as aa tends to infinity. What conclusions can be drawn from the above?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending