The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Go ahead and gloat, detractors. I can't wait till the fans can afford to watch the team. if Arsenal can fill a 60k stadium with such expensive ticket buyers then surely they can if the quality of our players is slightly less and their wage demands much lower ?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by shawn_o1
Go ahead and gloat, detractors. I can't wait till the fans can afford to watch the team. if Arsenal can fill a 60k stadium with such expensive ticket buyers then surely they can if the quality of our players is slightly less and their wage demands much lower ?

Our 2006/2007 team is a clear testament to that statement.
Original post by jimmy seville
where's that jeb end who said arsenal's problems aren't about their mentality?

2-0 up crumble, fall behind, get composed and almost win.

[5 days ago]

Original post by manchester united
mad talk about a late title charge for the arsenal. You'll probably close the gap on leicester, and might even pip tottenham to 2nd, but you simply can't win it because you'll find a way of bottling it. That's arsenal, you're a good, fair team that is always in contention, but as soon as the heat is turned up you melt like flora butter.

Not gonna lie, it would make my year to see arsenal throw the league away on the final day by losing to aston villa at home.

Original post by dairychocolate
it's not down to mentality, that's just a motd and british pundit copout. It plays some small part but there are bigger factors.

It's mainly a lack of quality transfers and depth (disastrous summer window), incompetence in keeping key players fit, and poor tactics.

Wasted season.

We'll probably slink back to our 4th place throne next season,

Original post by jimmy seville
yet the same thing happens year after year. You've addressed all those points (some more than others) and the only consistent factor in arsenal's struggles in the last few years is lack of a strong mentality when the pressure for titles is on.

I'm not afraid to say, I told you so - you are right Jimmy. There is a fundamental problem with Arsenal's mentality and that comes from the manager. You were 2-0 up and cruising but still found a way of bottling it.

Embarrassing.
Mentality is DEFINITELY a factor. People discount it but it's very important.
Take my uni football team, we have a winning mentality, we never give up and are always positive and as a result often win games we have no right to win in terms of individual quality. Won 1 of our leagues this year, where we'd been promoted the year before and were one of the worse sides on paper. But we have a never say die attitude that won us a lot of points with last minute winners and battling results when we weren't playing well. Then I compare that to my summer cricket team, where we go out every week like we've already lost before a ball is even bowled. As a result, we lose games we should easily win, because bar one of 2 players there's no fight.
It's the difference between letting a sloppy goal in and seeing out the half, and getting nervous and ****ing up.
Reply 6524
How Daniel thinks he is at sports..

Spoiler

How Daniel actually is:

Spoiler

Original post by SA-1
How Daniel thinks he is at sports..

Spoiler

How Daniel actually is:

Spoiler

:biggrin:
I mean, I didn't mention my role in either team. I'd never do a step over, and go for a catch? No chance....

For the cricket one, maybe a gif of Stokes in the last over of the T20, embarrassing doesn't come close
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOl
Reply 6527
Where's Wally?
WENGER IN CHARGE ALL U TALK ABOUT IS INVCIBLES MATE THAT WAS SOO LAST DECADE MATEE BOTTLERS FC WE ARE COASTING MOST OF SEASON THEN HOLD 1ST/2ND FROM AROUND 20TH-30TH GAME THEN END UP 3RD/4TH

WENGEROUT HE WONT BUY ANY DECENT CBS THINKS HE HAS 4 QUALITY STRIKERS IN GIROUD WALCOTT IWOBI AND WELBECK-*waiting to be told iwobi is class- WE ARE GOING TO BOTTLE THE CHANCE TO HAVE SANCHEZ IBRA AND OZIL UP TOP JUST WATCH NO GOALS IN 11 GAMES FOR GIROUD WILL BE UP TOP NEXT YEAR
WENGER U DONE GOOD PAL BUT TIME TO GO FOR THE CLUB U ARE EXPIRED
I wanna know how he was able to write that all in caps without TSR automatically changing it to lower case
Arsenal are an embarrassment.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I wanna know how he was able to write that all in caps without TSR automatically changing it to lower case

LIKE THIS KENAN U NON TIME COMPREHENDING FAP OF THE DECADE LOOKING ASS

luv u really
Reply 6532
Original post by youreanutter
WENGER IN CHARGE ALL U TALK ABOUT IS INVCIBLES MATE THAT WAS SOO LAST DECADE MATEE BOTTLERS FC WE ARE COASTING MOST OF SEASON THEN HOLD 1ST/2ND FROM AROUND 20TH-30TH GAME THEN END UP 3RD/4TH

WENGEROUT HE WONT BUY ANY DECENT CBS THINKS HE HAS 4 QUALITY STRIKERS IN GIROUD WALCOTT IWOBI AND WELBECK-*waiting to be told iwobi is class- WE ARE GOING TO BOTTLE THE CHANCE TO HAVE SANCHEZ IBRA AND OZIL UP TOP JUST WATCH NO GOALS IN 11 GAMES FOR GIROUD WILL BE UP TOP NEXT YEAR
WENGER U DONE GOOD PAL BUT TIME TO GO FOR THE CLUB U ARE EXPIRED

Original post by godofwine
Arsenal are an embarrassment.

I second that
Reply 6533
Original post by swirly
payet's freekicks are vastly overrated.he's scored 5 all season.they make it like he's converting one every 30 minutes ffs.
Original post by Attempt
This game proves that Ozil > >>> Payet
Original post by Attempt
Sanchez > Payet

kys
Lol @ Ty beefing with the WH mascot.
Sending fam.
We may Not have a st. Totteringham's day for the first time in 21 years but we do have a st. Chelseaingham's day for only the second time in 11 seasons but then again nobody makes a big deal about it
kys
Original post by shawn_o1
We may Not have a st. Totteringham's day for the first time in 21 years but we do have a st. Chelseaingham's day for only the second time in 11 seasons but then again nobody makes a big deal about it

tinpot af

[video="youtube;DGmjXUO_dhs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGmjXUO_dhs[/video]
Panic stations time lol, every time we bottle the league we end up in real danger of losing a top four spot.

Latest