The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by believeteam22
Can I send her this email? Is it a bad idea?

"I want you to know a few things...U said I will never change. But I willchange. And I won’t disturb you again or insist. I will just respect yourdecision that you don’t want me as a friend anymore.But I don’t want to end this in a bad way.So I will just say everything from my heart...Sorry I kept emailing but I didn’t know howelse to contact you. I know I made myself look like an idiot but I just couldn’tbelieve that we were not friends anymore, my heart couldn’t believe it and itwasn’t easy to accept.I’m sorry for a lot of things. I’m sorryfor my bad attitude, for acting like a kid, etc.The thing I regret is that I couldn’tcontrol my feelings and emotions. I think if I was patient and I waited, wewould be friends again, but I made a mistake and things happened very quicklyand I guess I have to live with that and learn from it.The reason I became jealous was because Iwas afraid of losing you from my life. And I guess that pushed you away and thething that I was scared of, ended up happening.For a long time, you treated me like aclose friend, or best friend, I was important for you, and I was happy likethat. But then, I became stupid and childish during last summer and I couldn’tcontrol my emotions and it strained our friendship. And I really regret that.I know you don’t like me anymore, and thathurts me, but I know I am to blame.We are not friends for more than 5 weeksnow and I have been thinking about our friendship and I really miss having youas a friend. But I know, it’s not possible to be friends now, so I will just rememberthe good memories with you.For me, you were a good friend. I reallyenjoyed my time with you. And I hope in someway, I made you happy during ourfriendship.We ate together, laughed together, workedtogether, helped each other, bought each other gifts, paid for each other, etc.I won’t forget all this.I hope you will forgive me for all thethings I said and whenever I did something to make u angry or sad.I know I can’t do anything to change yourmind, but I just wanted you to know all this.I’m very sad I will finish uni withoutbeing your friend but I understand it’s life.I hope you are ok, I hope you finish uniwith a good grade, and I hope everything is good for you.I hope you will always be happy and I hopeyou have a good life.Thank you for everythingGoodbyeTake care"

Long-winded emotional dross. Do you seriously expect her to lap this up cos it reeks of desperation. Sending this email isn't respecting her decision, in fact it's a clear violation of what she's already said. This is just another act of self-pity that will make things worse when she puts you down the same way she did last time. You need to find other ways to curb that fragmented emotional validation. A few days ago she was in your words 'a heartless bitch' remember? Either your memory is hazy or you are in complete denial of past events.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by frozen_fire
Long-winded emotional dross. Do you seriously expect her to lap this up cos it reeks of desperation. Sending this email isn't respecting her decision, in fact it's a clear violation of what she's already said. This is just another act of self-pity that will make things worse when she puts you down the same way she did last time. You need to find other ways to curb that fragmented emotional validation. A few days ago she was in your words 'a heartless bitch' remember? Either your memory is hazy or you are in complete denial of past events.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But I want to say something. Yeah I remember saying b*tch but that was because I was very angry. But I cannot stay angry at this girl for long.
What can I say to her?
But I want to say something. Yeah I remember saying b*tch but that was because I was very angry. But I cannot stay angry at this girl for long.
What can I say to her?

Don't say anything. Stop being in denial and leave it. The friendship is over. Period. Do your revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by frozen_fire
Don't say anything. Stop being in denial and leave it. The friendship is over. Period. Do your revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I am in denial. It just all feels so surreal. Anyway Monday I am back at uni. I hope I don't see her at all. I am trying to do my work. It's built up over the last month and now I am in panic mode.
Reply 224
Everything happens for a reason, move on.
Omg no not again
Reply 226
oh my dayssssss is this still going on? god damn.
Well, maybe I am being selfish. But, I just really miss her and our friendship.

You are ignoring what i have said and are reverting back to your emotional waffle. You need to snap out of that cycle. First emotional waffle, then a logical/ manipulative attempt to win her back. You need to understand that you will not win her back and even if you do she will harm you. This person is bad for you. She is pathogenic. Being around her is bad. You need to find something that is fufilling. It will be painful, there will be nights you cry yourself to sleep, but it's all part of the process.

You need to start off with thinking reasonably and logically, this is where it starts.
Are you sure it's a bad idea? Did you read what I wrote? I spoke from my heart..

Just send it, it will give you closure or the police arresting you for harassment.
Original post by chikane
Just send it, it will give you closure or the police arresting you for harassment.

Almost definitely the latter. If I was that poor girl I'd have contacted the police a long ****ing time ago
Original post by georgiaswift
Almost definitely the latter. If I was that poor girl I'd have contacted the police a long ****ing time ago

He is going to email her anyway even if everyone says don't.
He will probably end up failing his degree plus having a criminal record all because of this girl who he will forget about once he obsesses over someone else.
Original post by chikane
He will probably end up failing his degree plus having a criminal record all because of this girl who he will forget about once he obsesses over someone else.

savage
Original post by chikane

Oh god yeah, you're completely right. He's definitely going to email her so I don't know why he even bothered to make the thread.

I sort of hope he does fail and/or gets a warning/talking to from the police, so he can see how dangerous his behaviour is. It's not even desperate or clingy anymore, this is bordering on full on stalking which, funnily enough, is frowned upon in the eyes of the law.
wow you guys are so mean
Original post by jawsontheflooor
wow you guys are so mean

you have no idea haha!

It's actually unfair on the TSR users that try and help this guy. They get emotionally invested and he just does some stupid AF **** and it's a slap in their face.
Original post by hezzlington
you have no idea haha!

It's actually unfair on the TSR users that try and help this guy. They get emotionally invested and he just does some stupid AF **** and it's a slap in their face.

yeah I've seen some of the threads lol
and tbh I've only ever been through the smallest heartache so i can't imagine to think how OP feels
leapfrog her
Original post by georgiaswift
Oh god yeah, you're completely right. He's definitely going to email her so I don't know why he even bothered to make the thread.

I sort of hope he does fail and/or gets a warning/talking to from the police, so he can see how dangerous his behaviour is. It's not even desperate or clingy anymore, this is bordering on full on stalking which, funnily enough, is frowned upon in the eyes of the law.

You are right I had a guy years ago who was in my course and he added me on fb even though we never spoke and he would try to have a conversation with me which was fine.
Whole year passed and we still never had a conversation in rl and he never approached me.
Uni finishes and he starts chatting to me on fb saying how he likes me and maybe one day we can get married (wtf).
Then he would message being all sexual and I ignored him and the next morning I woke up to 5 messages from him I told him to leave me alone and he continued messaging me so I blocked him.
He then messaged me through my LinkedIn account to say sorry! I deleted my account as you couldn't block people on that back then.
Then he created 6 new fb account to try to talk to me and add me and I had to block all of them.

Unlike op who actually was friends with this girl I was a stranger to this guy and his behaviour scared me luckily he lived in another town but I told him I don't know him and don't feel the same way about him and he wouldn't listen.

Tbh this guy's behaviour was worse imo but I feel sorry for this girl who has told op to back off and was honest with him, I think he will get in trouble as he is clearly not thinking straight.
Keep yourself busy that will prevent you thinking about her.

Time is the best healer.
look at OPs thread history, last 3 threads have been the same. Again, I call troll.

Shouldnt be allowed.