The Student Room Group

English Festival - Short Story Competition!

Scroll to see replies

Sounds great! I'm more of a poetry person but I'll consider it.

I've written a story in 100 words. I don't think it was a proper story but that might be my perfectionist self talking. It was hard to put together but I guess it was good enough for it to be selected.

I wish everyone all the best! :smile:
Reply 21
@apronedsamurai I think you would be AWESOME at this :biggrin:
I might give it a go as well - it's 4 am and I can't sleep
Original post by z33
@apronedsamurai I think you would be AWESOME at this :biggrin:
I might give it a go as well - it's 4 am and I can't sleep

Aww thanks Z33 :colondollar:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4005723&p=64028273#post64028273

This is formal confirmation of my submission and intention to enter the competition.
Reply 24
Might give this a go. Haven't written anything for 2 years :colondollar: but I'm crap anyway
Original post by Gingerbread101
:banana: Short Story Competition :banana:

To open our official TSR English Festival, we're running a short story competition for all ages and abilities! Try your hand at creating a gripping thriller; a soppy romance; or anything that takes your fancy!

The Rules:

Your story must be 500 words or less.

The content must be suitable for all ages and contain nothing explicit.

Please do not post anything that you are submitting as a piece of school coursework.

One entry per person.

All entries must be submitted before 22nd April

The Prizes:

There will be a £25 book voucher for the best overall story! For those who think outside the box, there's a £10 book voucher for the best original idea. Finally, we're going to pick an entry at random to win another £10 voucher!

Best of luck to everyone who takes part! To enter, post your thread in the English Forum, with the thread title as your story title, and then post the link in this thread to make your entry official!

My short story
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4005735&p=64028453#post64028453
:colondollar:
Reply 26
How do I submit?
Original post by F.SA
How do I submit?

Make a thread in the English forum with the story on, and post the link here :smile: the instructions are all on the OP
Interesting
Reply 30
Original post by apronedsamurai
Aww thanks Z33 :colondollar:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4005723&p=64028273#post64028273

This is formal confirmation of my submission and intention to enter the competition.

:eek: Awesome! :biggrin: np <3 :hugs:
:banana: Short Story Competition :banana:

To open our official TSR English Festival, we're running a short story competition for all ages and abilities! Try your hand at creating a gripping thriller; a soppy romance; or anything that takes your fancy!

The Rules:

Your story must be 500 words or less.

The content must be suitable for all ages and contain nothing explicit.

Please do not post anything that you are submitting as a piece of school coursework.

One entry per person.

All entries must be submitted before 22nd April

The Prizes:

There will be a £25 book voucher for the best overall story! For those who think outside the box, there's a £10 book voucher for the best original idea. Finally, we're going to pick an entry at random to win another £10 voucher!

Best of luck to everyone who takes part! To enter, post your thread in the English Forum, with the thread title as your story title, and then post the link in this thread to make your entry official!

Really, really excited for this now. Can't wait.

Quick question(s), though

Is it okay to include homosexuality & a little violence(a very, very small amount) into my story?

Thanks. c:
Original post by z33
:eek: Awesome! :biggrin: np <3 :hugs:

Took me 4 mins to write :redface:

Thanks for the notification :smile:
Reply 33

4 mins... why are you not an author plz :hand:
:lol: np i knew this would be your kinda thing :tongue:
Original post by z33
4 mins... why are you not an author plz :hand:
:lol: np i knew this would be your kinda thing :tongue:

Probs coz of all the pepsi I drink :frown:
Reply 35
Probs coz of all the pepsi I drink :frown:

damn that pepsi begiving you writer's block :lol:
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_
Really, really excited for this now. Can't wait.

Quick question(s), though

Is it okay to include homosexuality & a little violence(a very, very small amount) into my story?

Thanks. c:

Homosexuality is not inherently explicit compared to any other sexuality, the same rules apply to all :tongue:
I'd say the amount of violence you're describing is ok - if you'd find it in a 12A film then it's fine, if it would be a 15 then it's not

Make sure you post a link to the story to officially enter it :smile:
Original post by banterboy
Can it be a prose piece rather a short story?

As long as it's under 500 words it can be whatever branch of fiction writing you want (as long as it isn't poetry or a script) :smile:
Make sure you post a link to the story to officially enter it :smile:

Pretty sure i have.

Can it be 500 OR Less, or must be less than 500
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending