The Student Room Group

LIVE: Anti-Cameron protestors hit London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pjm600
CS gas has been deployed against civilians 5 times in the UK. It's use is incredibly rare and only is extreme circumstances, not against peaceful (or even violent) protesters.

This is not the case in many other countries.

so its legal but "try not to use it".
Original post by HucktheForde
if thats the case why did we criticize other governments for using tear gas?? :s-smilie:

I didn't criticize anything, which we is this?
Original post by DiddyDec
I didn't criticize anything, which we is this?

yea not you but some NGOs. cant remember which. You know lots of NGO in UK goes around the world and poke their noses around
Reply 23
Original post by HucktheForde
so its legal but "try not to use it".

Yes, just as police here may legally carry firearms and baton rounds, but don't fire either on peaceful, or even non-peaceful protesters, and are only used when there is threat to life. Same as the water cannon, legal but not used. This is not the case in many other countries.
(edited 8 years ago)
"We shout Tory! You shout scum! Tory! Scum! Tory! Scum!"

What a bunch of hate-filled little creatures these people are.
No way this will affect him the slightest
Reply 26
There's some protesters like proper looking elderly gentlemen who want to protest the corruptness of the government then there's a bunch of morons dancing around a stereo while playing dubstep-reggae music. David Cameron is most likely going to put on some noise cancelling headphones, write out an apology to the actual protesters then go back to doing something actually useful.
Lol who cares about these idiots, wasting their time when they could be doing something productive
Reply 28
It's just a bunch of wannabe anarchist hipsters playing s:banana::banana::banana:ty reggae-dubstep music complaining about something that quite frankly effects very few people. Now if they were protesting about the recent junior doctor developments then I would be understanding about
Re-sign! Re-sign! Re-sign! Re-sign!
Original post by pjm600
Yes, just as police here may legally carry firearms and baton rounds, but don't fire either on peaceful, or even non-peaceful protesters, and are only used when there is threat to life. Same as the water cannon, legal but not used. This is not the case in many other countries.

Like France who have been tear gassing protesters this afternoon.
Original post by Ladbants
Lol who cares about these idiots, wasting their time when they could be doing something productive

This is the reason why this country is so messed up - The British stiff upper lip. I actually respect people who get out there expressing how they feel rather than these useless people sitting on their arses hating on forums.

Brits need to get out of the stiff upper lip (put up or shut up) mentality. These people have every right to protest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Like France who have been tear gassing protesters this afternoon.

they did?
Reply 33
Why would I want any of these muppets in government?
Some of you are so sour towards these people lmao, if they wanna protest they have every right to.

Cameron deserves all this backlash and drama, he's set a despicable example to the country and his response to the whole thing has been piss poor - "could have been better"... wow thank you.
--
Also that pig thing is ****ing amazing.
Pathetic reserved Brits could learn a lot from the French.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Inexorably
Some of you are so sour towards these people lmao, if they wanna protest they have every right to.

Cameron deserves all this backlash and drama, he's set a despicable example to the country and his response to the whole thing has been piss poor - "could have been better"... wow thank you.
--
Also that pig thing is ****ing amazing.

I'm really not that fussed about the whole thing to be honest. It isn't news that rich people do everything they can to avoid tax.
I'm really not that fussed about the whole thing to be honest. It isn't news that rich people do everything they can to avoid tax.

Again, is this the "put up or shut up" mentality? I can't stand people who preach "this is just how things are so you shouldn't bother trying to make a change".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jblackmoustache
Again, is this the "put up or shut up" mentality? I can't stand people who preach "this is just how things are so you shouldn't bother trying to make a change".

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, the difference is that I actually don't care, if I was in their position I would have done exactly the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending