The Student Room Group

The NHS is amazing !

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ethereal World
Howcome you joined?

What would Farage do to improve the NHS?

Do you not have any family or friends that could have helped you out?

1) I don't know - why did *you* join?
2) most likely improve it in some sense - what would labour, lib dems or greens do?
3) I already answered that.
For MH stuff I have to admit I do.

But my god today they were amazing. The doctor tho :love:

I'm glad they helped you. :h: My doctors don't even seem to be good at blood tests.

At least he was treating me and not making pointless threads on TSR :mmm:

Omg, Emma, I love you. :rofl: :congrats:
Original post by FarageCollage
1) I don't know - why did *you* join?
2) most likely improve it in some sense - what would labour, lib dems or greens do?
3) I already answered that.

I just wondered. I joined originally because I needed help with mole calculations because my chemistry was rusty.

Imo most people don't join for the chat forums on here, they join for a specific reason- and then just get lured into the forum more generally.

Idk I wasn't asking in a shady way- I was just wondering what you think Farage might do / UKIP.

Sorry haven't read back through the thread and cba rn.
I've had a few good experiences with NHS24 too for physical and dental problems. I was over the moon when I managed to get seen within an hour of my phone call for emergency dental treatment after being in pain for days and my dentist being shut since it was a holiday. I only had to pay £12 for treatment as well which was not bad. I've found NHS to be great for my physical conditions but not for mental health whatsoever but I do know they are under funded all over and especially in that department. My GP also diagnosed my pneumonia as tonsillitis and didn't even listen to my chest but when I called up NHS24 regarding a cough, they suspected pneumonia instantly and lo and behold, they were right and not my actual GP.

I'll forever be grateful for them in regards to my papa. They cured his cancer, control his diabetes and now, they care for him with his failing remaining kidney and gave him a dialysis machine to use at home so he doesn't have to go into hospital which was a godsend because he can't walk very well so if he went into hospital for dialysis, he would probably never come out of hospital until his transplant. He has nurses that come in every single day to set up his machine for him and check his stats and all that jazz, even on Christmas and New Years Day and they are all very lovely and knowledgeable about kidney disease. If it weren't for NHS, my papa still wouldn't be here. He can't afford private care. I just hope he gets his transplant soon.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zargabaath
My aunt kept getting frequent headaches so she went to the doctor. Next thing she knew, brain tumour. Thanks alot NHS. Doctors man, not even once. :noway:

Was there neglect?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd have rather paid for it to be fair if it meant immediate treatment. it was a joke. I had doctors sat right in front of me chuckling to each other seeming to be doing nothing while I sat there in a chair with blood all over my face in silence for 6 hours. they even got sassy with me for asking roughly once an hour if somebody was ready to see me yet.

Well, you would say that it was for no reason.

Well, you cannot have been waiting for 6 hours then if you could see the Doctors in front of you.

and by the way, just because I was drunk, doesn't mean this was the reason I was knocked out. another drunk person whom I didn't even know was shown on CCTV to have punched me in the face for no reason. that's why I kept getting the police phoning me after this happened - because they were trying to ****ing help me.

"next time don't get drunk"? are you suggesting that I was knocked out *because* I was drunk?

No. I said they wouldn't have taken you to the Hospital against you were will if you were not drunk.

The reason you were knocked out is irrelevant.
I should expect my ****ing NHS to have helped me home when I had no money or wallet. it was 7-8 miles away.

Or take a taxi home and then pay when you are there.
Reply 127
It is truly amazing despite its chronic decline
Original post by DorianGrayism
Well, you would say that it was for no reason.

yes? it was on CCTV.

Well, you cannot have been waiting for 6 hours then if you could see the Doctors in front of you.

okay, not doctors, "nurses", and NHS bureaucrats chatting to them. and no, I was sat there and they were telling me to wait.

No. I said they wouldn't have taken you to the Hospital against you were will if you were not drunk.

I woke up in that ambulence. I wasn't awake to say yes or no.

The reason you were knocked out is irrelevant.

...so what is relevant? the seriousness of my injury inflicted against me?
no, I'm sorry, I've had it with this thread. you're the 3rd person to assume that I got knocked out *because* of drinking. another person knocked me out for no reason, and, like I've said twice now, it was caught on CCTV and the person that broke my tooth, opened my bottom lip and torn apart my blood-soaked clothes, was wanted, and the police, for 3 weeks, were keeping me updated in their efforts to catch the criminal. if the event caused me to be hardly able to walk (I was hobbling as one of my ankles had been twisted when I apparently tumbled down to the floor when I was hit) then I should expect my ****ing NHS to have helped me home when I had no money or wallet. it was 7-8 miles away.

Regardless of whether or not drink caused your injury, I'm curious how you lost so much blood, splitting your lip and knocking out a tooth shouldn't cause that much blood loss, if this was a serious head injury you would have been prioritised.

First, you don't want to be seen early in A+E, that is for people who are in life threatening danger, which you clearly weren't.

You were correctly triaged very low. It is irritating to wait so long, but ultimately costs are going up, funds are restricted.

To flip it on its head, would you support paying more in taxes to fund "taxis home" for all patients?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Or take a taxi home and then pay when you are there.

I've already answered to that.
Original post by That Bearded Man
Regardless of whether or not drink caused your injury, I'm curious how you lost so much blood, splitting your lip and knocking out a tooth shouldn't cause that much blood loss, if this was a serious head injury you would have been prioritised.

First, you don't want to be seen early in A+E, that is for people who are in life threatening danger, which you clearly weren't.

You were correctly triaged very low. It is irritating to wait so long, but ultimately costs are going up, funds are restricted.

To flip it on its head, would you support paying more in taxes to fund "taxis home" for all patients?

Posted from TSR Mobile

my face was caked in blood and my arm was gashed - it found its way onto my clothes.

I didn't exactly choose this.

who's saying "taxis" home?! they took me there via ambulence, not a taxi.

and what if this was, say, an old woman who was beaten and knocked out? I could barely walk - what's the difference? age? let's assume the damage was equal.

why are you joining in here?!
yes? it was on CCTV.

okay, not doctors, "nurses", and NHS bureaucrats chatting to them. and no, I was sat there and they were telling me to wait.

I woke up in that ambulence. I wasn't awake to say yes or no.

Your injury isn't that serious if you woke up after it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your injury isn't that serious if you woke up after it

Posted from TSR Mobile

they tried waking me up. and it was a 7-8 mile journey.
honestly, you can't just fling these negative assumptions at me
I usually get my appointment when I've recovered somehow. :lol: Otherwise, I do get the help I need.

Apart from that, the NHS being free is great. We can't deny that fact that people take the NHS for granted. I think most people that would want NHS to privatise would be because they want to see how things function in comparison to the current system.

@EthereaΪ World Hope you're doing well now. :hugs:
my face was caked in blood and my arm was gashed - it found its way onto my clothes.

I didn't exactly choose this.

who's saying "taxis" home?! they took me there via ambulence, not a taxi.

and what if this was, say, an old woman who was beaten and knocked out? I could barely walk - what's the difference? age? let's assume the damage was equal.

why are you joining in here?!

No, you didn't choose this, and I'm glad, because it seems that you'd have put yourself top of the list regardless of other medical concerns, don't you agree that staff are right to prioritise based on need?

So a taxi home isn't what you wanted? You wanted an ambulance home?

If she had similar injuries to you, the staff should do the same. They would have treated her minor injuries and encouraged her to arrange a way home.

Did staff ask you to call your parents? Are you under 18 (where they definitely should contact them)

One more detail - did you say staff "kicked" you out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, you didn't choose this, and I'm glad, because it seems that you'd have put yourself top of the list regardless of other medical concerns, don't you agree that staff are right to prioritise based on need?

there was one other person there, who left 30 minutes after I arrived. they must have given up.

So a taxi home isn't what you wanted? You wanted an ambulance home?

again, who started this accusation that I wantred a *taxi*? and an ambulence? sure? what other form of transport could I have expected in a hospital? they took me there, surely they could have just as well taken me back at 7am when I was practically walking on one leg

If she had similar injuries to you, the staff should do the same. They would have treated her minor injuries and encouraged her to arrange a way home.

what if she had no way?

Did staff ask you to call your parents? Are you under 18 (where they definitely should contact them)

yeah they did. they live 100 miles away. and no I'm not.

One more detail - did you say staff "kicked" you out?

no, I said they let me go, as in "released me"/discharged me

okay, not doctors, "nurses", and NHS bureaucrats chatting to them. and no, I was sat there and they were telling me to wait..

You are just making things up. Nurses don't go out and chat in the waiting room with the Receptionists.

I woke up in that ambulence. I wasn't awake to say yes or no..

As I said before, you woke up because you were drunk. People that are knocked unconsciousness do not take 20 minutes to wake up unless they are on drugs.

Again, just another reason to believe that this story is made up.

Precisely. It wasn't that serious. That is why you were in the waiting room.

X

You made a spelling mistake in your title! You need to add a "ly incompetent" onto the end I think.

I'm not going to say how but they almost killed me a few years back.
OK. So why did you ask about it?

I am assuming that you thought you had epilepsy as a child even though they didn't tell you.

We didn't ask. The neurologist did. Mum then explained that despite the constant doctor visits, we were told there was nothing wrong. We then found out 4 years ago about it.

Quick Reply

Latest