The Student Room Group

Aqa triple science *official thread* *2016* (gcse)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by srmed
I think everyone is finding the unit 3 sciences the hardest because they've taught it to us so vaguely and quickly (apart from unit 3 physics - don't know why but it seems fairly easy). I don't even know what my chemistry teacher has taught us so I had to go through it all over again :/

im in the same position and regret that ive neglected the unit 3s to focus on on unit 1 and 2, c3 and b3 are just so hard, p3 not so much
@homeland.lsw I've rounded up a few resources for the sciences in here, but I dunno if they will be useful or not... :dontknow:

Spoiler

Original post by Abuzar133
how's everyone finding unit 3 chemistry- i dont have a clue whats going on and the grade boundaries are so high ffss

I personally find it the easiest from all three sciences :smile:
how's everyone finding unit 3 chemistry- i dont have a clue whats going on and the grade boundaries are so high ffss

we haven't even finished learning the content yet *cries*

I feel like with a bit more practice I'll get my head around it, a lot of it is memorisation.
Original post by nisha.sri
Hey guys i do triple and AQA
What do you guys think of unit 2 and 3 being on the same days?
Which exam would be the easiest?

Depends what you think of the topics? For me I find C3 and P3 pretty easy but P2 and B2/3 nooo. Kinda annoying they're on the same day but at the very end so we get more time to revise. Don't know what subjects you take but I have 5 days after B2 and B3 to revise for chemistry and physics :smile:
Original post by katerebecca
we haven't even finished learning the content yet *cries*

I feel like with a bit more practice I'll get my head around it, a lot of it is memorisation.

my teachers for science are all awful (i used to hate c3) but if you take time to teach yourself and look at how past paper questions are set up it's actually quite easy
What does everyone think the 6 markers in B1, C1 and P1 would be?
I'll obis revise all topics but anyone got predictions for the 6 markers in any sciences? So glad the quadrat 6 marker was last year :wink:
Original post by homeland.lsw
like?

Some people think they'll make our papers hard because it's the last set of exams before the o-level system comes back? As if they wanna i dunno..end it with a bang?
Reply 89
Original post by sunny181113
I'll obis revise all topics but anyone got predictions for the 6 markers in any sciences? So glad the quadrat 6 marker was last year :wink:

I did that exam and was not expecting anything to due with quadrats.
Some people think they'll make our papers hard because it's the last set of exams before the o-level system comes back? As if they wanna i dunno..end it with a bang?

me! Lol

Do you think it's going to be hard? I feel like it won't be that hard but as long as you revise nothing will be hard? :smile:

C3 and P3 are definitely the hardest units out of all 9 imo. A lot of the time I'm like "what on earth is happening right now?". I'm taking Chem next year as well:s-smilie:
I'm guessing B1 6 Marker: Drugs
C1 6 Marker: Limestone/Metals
P1 6 Marker: Something on energy transfers or could be Big Bang related
Do you think its too late for me to get A grades if i start revision now?
Original post by sulaimanali
I'm guessing B1 6 Marker: Drugs
C1 6 Marker: Limestone/Metals
P1 6 Marker: Something on energy transfers or could be Big Bang related

For C1 I think it might be the miller-urey :smile:
Original post by blueribbons99
Do you think its too late for me to get A grades if i start revision now?

Of course you can, I read all my mock notes the night before the exam and got 7 A*s. Write all your notes now and then learn them and look at past papers the few days before x
If it's hard and everyone did sh** then the grade boundaries would go down though. There may be some difficult questions but if the grade boundaries are increasing then they wouldn't make it that hard :smile:

Think about it though, if everyone did terrible because the test was hard then the grade boundaries would deffo go down but people are saying that the grade boundaries are going up. I don't understand ?! I mean there may be some easy questions and some hard questions but i don't think it would be soooo hard :smile: what do you think ? :wink:
Does anyone have any resources for C3?
Or P3?
We've only just started being taught it: Literally, the day before easter!

Quick Reply

Latest