The Student Room Group

Should I add my primary school friends?

Hi, I used to go to primary school with these people 10 years ago and I've moved a lot since then, going to different schools and countries. Out of all the schools I've been to, the bunch in that school was probably closest to me in terms of ethnicity and socioeconomic background. Also, there's the possibility that I might like to move back to their city (my old hometown) in the future. So I was thinking of adding them on facebook, if only to have their stuff in my feed and vice versa.

Would it be a good idea to add friends after such a long absence? Should I send them a message, and what should it say?
Original post by cosmic angel
Hi, I used to go to primary school with these people 10 years ago and I've moved a lot since then, going to different schools and countries. Out of all the schools I've been to, the bunch in that school was probably closest to me in terms of ethnicity and socioeconomic background. Also, there's the possibility that I might like to move back to their city (my old hometown) in the future. So I was thinking of adding them on facebook, if only to have their stuff in my feed and vice versa.

Would it be a good idea to add friends after such a long absence? Should I send them a message, and what should it say?

Personally i wouldnt accept a friend request from someone from primary school but theres no harm in trying
I've decided to add them and am thinking of what to write in the accompanying message 🙈
It needs to be kept light
Reply 3
I'd love if someone from my primary school years wrote me :smile: Just say hello.

Definitely go for it. Unless you've both split ways on sour notes, the worst that can happen is that they have forgotten you and reject your friend request.

You can say something like "Hi there, do you remember me from (name of Primary School)? We used to hang out together a lot. I just found you on Facebook and would like to add you as a friend. Are you still living in (your city)? It is possible that I may move back someday, and it would be great to meet up with you and catch up about everything that I have missed out. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Cheerio!"
Original post by Heartweaver
Definitely go for it. Unless you've both split ways on sour notes, the worst that can happen is that they have forgotten you and reject your friend request.

You can say something like "Hi there, do you remember me from (name of Primary School)? We used to hang out together a lot. I just found you on Facebook and would like to add you as a friend. Are you still living in (your city)? It is possible that I may move back someday, and it would be great to meet up with you and catch up about everything that I have missed out. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Cheerio!"

Oh my goodness, what a sweet little message :biggrin:; thank you. I'd love to send them something quite similar, just without any inclination to meet up or catch up. That'd probably be too much. As we've had too many years apart.
Oh my goodness, what a sweet little message :biggrin:; thank you. I'd love to send them something quite similar, just without any inclination to meet up or catch up. That'd probably be too much. As we've had too many years apart.

You're welcome. :smile: Just omit the parts that you don't think is appropriate and you should be grand.
I've just added two of them and now I'm left feeling extremely nervous 🙈 like I've put myself out there way too much.
I'm paranoid, worried that I might have just tarnished my reputation forever.
Original post by claireestelle
Personally i wouldnt accept a friend request from someone from primary school but theres no harm in trying

Why not?
Original post by jawsontheflooor
Why not?

I was invisible to most of them so not worth my time :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending