The Student Room Group

The NHS is amazing !

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FarageCollage
but what have I even done which you don't like...?

No it's just your posts which I don't like.
Also the man in your profile picture was racist to my country...
Original post by Zargabaath
My aunt kept getting frequent headaches so she went to the doctor. Next thing she knew, brain tumour. Thanks alot NHS Obama. Doctors man, not even once. :noway:

Corrected. :smile:
Original post by DorianGrayism
Because they were getting stitches removed in a clinic. They were not in A and E at 3 am in the morning with the Doctors and Nurses having a chat with the receptionist.

how the **** is that any different?!

No, you cannot see how busy it is behind the door. Therefore, you don't know who is there.

what door?!
Original post by Hydeman
Corrected. :smile:

That goes without saying though, it's like stating water is wet
Original post by homeland.lsw
No it's just your posts which I don't like.
Also the man in your profile picture was racist to my country...

what posts?
"racist"? what makes you think that? what race are you referring to? a nationality isn't a race. but even with that said, what nationality are you possibly referring to?
also, is it not possible that my avatar is satirical?
At the A&E, the GP sent a mental health team to meet me to run a quick assessment. They decided that it was better for me to stay overnight at the hospital because they were unconfident that I wasn't a harm to myself. Everything was done very kindly and promptly.

An ex-friend (who was really kind... :frown:) called on the NHS after I mentioned to him how I was ready to commit suicide as I thought I couldn't handle it that day (this was before I was diagnosed for depression) and the next day I got an appointment with my GP. I don't know how exactly but I think he got me an appointment...? I don't remember making any at the time because I felt I was beyond help.

Edit: The only problem I have with the NHS is the waiting times for GP appointments (non-urgent).
(edited 7 years ago)
how the **** is that any different?!

It is different because Nurses and Doctors do not hang out in A and E reception. Therefore, it is obvious you are lying.

what door?!

There is an A and E waiting room. If you are in the A and E waiting room then you cannot see behind the door to see what it is happening A and E.

You would know that if you actually went.
the person who knocked me out, according to the police and CCTV, was heavily drunk. I remember it to some extent as well. they were shouting (I can't remember if it was at me or at another person) but the next thing I knew I was in an ambulance. you're victim blaming.

If you remember stuff from a night when you were heavily intoxicated AND knocked out then it can't have been a very bad injury. The doctors thought you were being a baby probably.
No it's not. It's probably a good system for some things and a really bad system for other things. Depends on what you need. I was on a waiting list for ADHD assessment for months (10 months?). Ruined the year waiting with no help whatever.
Original post by Ethereal World
drilled :smug:

It is different because Nurses and Doctors do not hang out in A and E reception. Therefore, it is obvious you are lying.

when was the last time you went to a hospital at 1am-7am in the morning? specifically *this* hospital that I went to?

There is an A and E waiting room. If you are in the A and E waiting room then you cannot see behind the door to see what it is happening A and E.

You would know that if you actually went.

there was an open set of double doors between the hallway where the treatment room was and the waiting room! I saw them come out of a room and there had been nobody else in there before I went in! this is pathetic! you have *no* idea what you're talking about!
what posts?
"racist"? what makes you think that? what race are you referring to? a nationality isn't a race. but even with that said, what nationality are you possibly referring to?
also, is it not possible that my avatar is satirical?

This is going off topic...
I don't know if it's satirical.
And English may not be my first language, so yes he was extremely rude to my home country.
And your posts on this thread...
No, they shouldn't call you a taxi. :hand:
Original post by SmashConcept
If you remember stuff from a night when you were heavily intoxicated AND knocked out then it can't have been a very bad injury. The doctors thought you were being a baby probably.

who said "heavily intoxicated"? don't put ****ing words in my mouth
and I got knocked out, then I woke up. why does that mean I don't have the ability to remember things?
a "baby"? what do you think I did in the hospital? I sat there with blood dripping onto my clothes, with a half front tooth and a massively swollen lip. I asked if I was to be treated soon about once an hour (I remember setting the pace like this) and they kept telling me to wait and be patient and that somebody was going to see me as soon as possible. is it babyish to do this when I have those kinds of injuries while waiting 6 HOURS?!
when was the last time you went to a hospital at 1am-7am in the morning?

Last week when I was on nights.

specifically *this* hospital that I went to?!

The imaginary one? I don't know. I don't live in your world.

there was an open set of double doors between the hallway where the treatment room was and the waiting room! I saw them come out of a room and there had been nobody else in there before I went in! this is pathetic! you have *no* idea what you're talking about!

They don't keep the doors open. Another fail.
Last week when I was on nights.

The imaginary one? I don't know. I don't live in your world.

right, I'm done. I've given you way too much credit by actually giving you responses.
and concerning your "they have to keep doors closed" - why the **** would they need to do that?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by homeland.lsw
This is going off topic...
I don't know if it's satirical.
And English may not be my first language, so yes he was extremely rude to my home country.
And your posts on this thread...
No, they shouldn't call you a taxi. :hand:

when was he rude to your country? where's your evidence for this? and by the way, a country =/= a race.
who said "heavily intoxicated"? don't put ****ing words in my mouth
and I got knocked out, then I woke up. why does that mean I don't have the ability to remember things?

I *was* completely inebriated.

Sounds like you think heavily intoxicated is grossly different from completely inebriated. That's interesting tell me more.

a "baby"? what do you think I did in the hospital? I sat there with blood dripping onto my clothes, with a half front tooth and a massively swollen lip. I asked if I was to be treated soon about once an hour (I remember setting the pace like this) and they kept telling me to wait and be patient and that somebody was going to see me as soon as possible. is it babyish to do this when I have those kinds of injuries while waiting 6 HOURS?!

Yeah it sounds like you needed to learn the difference between hurt and injured (which actually are two different things FYI).
right, I'm done. I've given you way too much credit by actually giving you responses.
and concerning your "they have to keep doors closed" - why the **** would they need to do that?

To stop crazy people from walking in because they think their cut lip is important

Like I've already said I don't doubt what happened to you was in no way your fault. But a lot of people that go into A&E aren't at fault for what's happened to them, and they are still expected to find their own way home; be it a lift from friends/family, a taxi, a bus, a train and so on. I will admit that there are voluntary drivers that do schemes for older people to have transport, and in some ways I do find this unfair and I've said this to nurses at my hospital. I can't drive and neither could my mum at the time I had to have chemo so if it wasn't for the generously of friends I would be stuck with public transport, which isn't ideal after you've been through most forms of hospital treatment. But it has to be done and I would have done it if I needed to. Because at the end of the day treatment for a problem matters more than how much it's going to cost me to get to the hospital to be treated. The treatment is free thanks to the NHS. A couple of quid for public transport or even shelling out a bit more for a taxi isn't too bad in retrospect.

And yeah I know you never specified a taxi, but they could hardly take you home in the ambulance. They need to be available for emergencies. And getting you home is not an emergency. I get your situation was sucky with the fact you had no money to get home, and none of your friends could come and get you. But the situation is the same for everyone. If they compromised for you, they'd have to compromise for everyone, and there simply isn't the funds for that.

People with life threatening problems like heart attacks and so on are hardly gonna be kept around people with minor injuries. I understand waiting 6 hours sucks but the staff HAVE to prioritise people with worse injuries first. If they were left 6 hours while they treated you and other people with minor injuries then they would have probably died whereas you survived through the 6 hours just fine. Naturally you had every right to ask every now and again if there was any chance you'd be treated soon, and the staff shouldn't be snide in their answer as you don't know what's going on in other parts of the hospital and therefore don't know how many people are prioritised above you. But trust me, the hospital would not have made you wait 6 hours if they had the choice not to. If you've been left untreated for 4 hours in A&E they fined a **** load, so it probably wasn't ideal for them either.

Can I ask how you did get home in the end?
To stop crazy people from walking in because they think their cut lip is important

lol wow
as if they can't simply open them up, nah that's way too much of an obstacle

Quick Reply

Latest