The Student Room Group

Plagarism ordeal - please help! :(

Okay, basically I was in my final year of university a few years ago, was on course for an excellent classification, and had some personal circumstances which distracted me from work. During this time I submitted an essay in a hurry without proof reading it. The result was that I was reported to have committed minor plagiarism. Three lines of my work weren't properly referenced. My essay was marked down by two points. I had ongoing personal circumstances throughout this time, and ultimately decided that it was better for me to leave university for the year and come back when I had less distraction from my work. I returned the following year and did very well , without such accusations arising again.

I want to know if people generally think under these circumstances I deserve my degree?
My university made me feel incredibly guilty about the whole thing, and I understand they have standards to uphold, but the level of pain this experience has caused is extreme. I feel like my academic integrity will always be in question now and I feel like my degree is stained by what happened. I need to know if people think I deserve my degree under these circumstances?
Original post by liltom234
Okay, basically I was in my final year of university a few years ago, was on course for an excellent classification, and had some personal circumstances which distracted me from work. During this time I submitted an essay in a hurry without proof reading it. The result was that I was reported to have committed minor plagiarism. Three lines of my work weren't properly referenced. My essay was marked down by two points. I had ongoing personal circumstances throughout this time, and ultimately decided that it was better for me to leave university for the year and come back when I had less distraction from my work. I returned the following year and did very well , without such accusations arising again.

I want to know if people generally think under these circumstances I deserve my degree?
My university made me feel incredibly guilty about the whole thing, and I understand they have standards to uphold, but the level of pain this experience has caused is extreme. I feel like my academic integrity will always be in question now and I feel like my degree is stained by what happened. I need to know if people think I deserve my degree under these circumstances?

You made a mistake, you didnt deliberately do anything to plagraise so stop beating yourself up over it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending