The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

link?????????????
Original post by random4nia
There's a pretty good website that has model essays for gender, relationships and aggression, aqa psychology a unit 3, it's on blogspot
Original post by Nisr123
Do you guys wanna make a skype group chat to revise?

I already am part of one for my other subjects made up of other people from TSR. I thought I would make a Psychology one, since it will be good for giving feedback for each other's essays, sharing tips and revision styles while also kinda reminding you or encouraging you to revise since we will try and keep the chat pretty active until the exams.

I feel like the other group chats have motivated me when I read and join in with the convo about revision, so a psych one will do the same - and I don't know about you but I need a hell of a lot of motivation to do Psychology.

Anyway, let me know if you are interested and I will start one...

This is for AQA A by the way.

Not a bad idea count me in if you start it.
Reply 262
How do you guys generally conclude your essays?
Original post by Nisr123
Do you guys wanna make a skype group chat to revise?

I already am part of one for my other subjects made up of other people from TSR. I thought I would make a Psychology one, since it will be good for giving feedback for each other's essays, sharing tips and revision styles while also kinda reminding you or encouraging you to revise since we will try and keep the chat pretty active until the exams.

I feel like the other group chats have motivated me when I read and join in with the convo about revision, so a psych one will do the same - and I don't know about you but I need a hell of a lot of motivation to do Psychology.

Anyway, let me know if you are interested and I will start one...

This is for AQA A by the way.

Good idea ! We will need to group people into the same topic, like people who do SZ create a group chat, people who do depression create another one..
How do people revise Media ???? cause this topic doesnt seem to have those typical 8+16 questions..
Original post by Romanoff
Hiya! In the exam, they can actually ask you whether something is a science or not and you'd need to explain why it might/might not be a science. In order to do this, you need to be aware of the scientific process.
F
For validating new knowledge, peer review is used and in the exam they can ask you to Discuss the purpose of peer review - discuss (obviously) being outline and evaluate.

I have the complete companion and in all honesty it's a pretty terrible book A2, the points are pretty **** and don't make sense half the time. It's particularly bad for Psychology In Action and Research Methods because you need to apply knowledge to different scenarios and the CC provides generic information. I'd use something else, at least in conjunction!

Best of luck

What do you mean by scientific process
?
Reply 266
Does anyone have any model essays for sleep, aggression, gender or media, I have a few if anyone needs any too?
I am currently studying a2 psychology (aqa) and was wondering if anyone was able to give me a* model essays for addictive behaviour and schizophrenia. I know there is loopa but i wanted the essays to be based off the book the schools use "The complete companion student book"
Original post by Oz.e
Does anyone have any model essays for sleep, aggression, gender or media, I have a few if anyone needs any too?

https://facility.waseley.networcs.net/vle/Psychology.aspx
doesnt have gender but has the other two
Original post by zzxxDash53xxzz

Life saver
Reply 270
I am currently studying a2 psychology (aqa) and was wondering if anyone was able to give me a* model essays for addictive behaviour and schizophrenia. I know there is loopa but i wanted the essays to be based off the book the schools use "The complete companion student book"

The loopa essays are based on those. But you can't solely rely on the Complete Companion. Your essays won't be A* if you don't look at other sources of information.
Original post by Oz.e

I dont quite know how to write those 4+5 short media answers. Would you mind to send me some model essays on media ? Many thanks !!
I am self-studying A2 AQA Psychology due to teacher being absent from school this year and I'm the only student. I am doing Sleep, Eating Behaviour and Relationships for PSYA3 and Schizophrenia and Media for PSYA4. I had average 93% at AS however I am extremely concerned about A2. As I couldn't afford to write up my own essays because I couldn't get anyone to mark them for me, I bought loopa essays (I only revised from those last year at got 93%) but I don't think I'll be able to retain all that information for the exams. Oh and as for research methods I just found a couple of powerpoint presentations online and I'm relying on those lol. Anyone has a similar problem haha?
If anyone is studying the same topics as me and has A* notes/essay plans or a link to them can you please help me out
The topics being studied are:
Addiction
Schizophrenia
Eating Behaviour
Thank you :smile:

Is there anything like this for
Addiction
Schizophrenia
Eating Behaviour
Original post by ellie0497
We are only on sleep and we have aggression and relationships left to do in school:cry::cry:

Omg sorry to say but you're schools behind?! You really should read ahead and do notes on aggression and relationships because they are quite heavily content based
Original post by theasian_csl
How do people revise Media ???? cause this topic doesnt seem to have those typical 8+16 questions..

For media theres not that many things that can come up, learn the models and you just hyave to apply the same ones (different studies) for e.g explanation into Pro social or Anti social behaviour- could be Social Learning Theory and back it up with relevant studies for pro or antisocial
How's everyone doing with the content, how much have you learnt
Original post by Naveed Rahman
Omg sorry to say but you're schools behind?! You really should read ahead and do notes on aggression and relationships because they are quite heavily content based

I know, I will self teach myself aggression and relationships so I don't see the point in me being in my psychology lessons:cry2::cry2:
They said we will be finished at the end but what is the point when we have to memorise the essays???!?!!!
Original post by ellie0497
I know, I will self teach myself aggression and relationships so I don't see the point in me being in my psychology lessons:cry2::cry2:
They said we will be finished at the end but what is the point when we have to memorise the essays???!?!!!

I totes agree! Sometimes schools and teachers are too lax about these things, like its our life here? lmao

Latest

Trending

Trending