The Student Room Group

Flash cards

I got one month till the exams, I did fairly well in my mocks with 5As and 3Bs, I haven't done any revision in the easter holidays. Is it worth the time to make flash cards to study because frankly it just takes too long.
How did you revise for those mocks?!
That's so good!
I managed to get 4Cs 3Bs and a D in geography (answered the wrong questions)😬 without revision, and I've reverently started making flash cards until my exams, everyone is saying its the best way so I'm just going to do it because I'm 100% sure they will pay off. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by william hart
How did you revise for those mocks?!
That's so good!
I managed to get 4Cs 3Bs and a D in geography (answered the wrong questions)😬 without revision, and I've reverently started making flash cards until my exams, everyone is saying its the best way so I'm just going to do it because I'm 100% sure they will pay off. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

i read through the textbook for each subjects and memorised everything on it. But this isn't very effective because you can tend to forget stuff you learnt rather quickly.
Do flashcards, condense them, and just keep going through them, eg, question on one side answer on the other. For maths just do questions and watch YouTube clips to help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SR0500
i read through the textbook for each subjects and memorised everything on it. But this isn't very effective because you can tend to forget stuff you learnt rather quickly.

There's a website called quizlet that has electronic flash cards on it you can search for ones other people have made so could save time :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
There's a website called quizlet that has electronic flash cards on it you can search for ones other people have made so could save time :smile:

oh didn't know about that thanks mate
Original post by SR0500
oh didn't know about that thanks mate

Or you could download ANKI for smart phones, make sure you use your time wisely since there is only one month left such as taking bus to school, use electronic flashcards rather than staring into space... Also when you create your flashcards, don't put a huge paragraph on the reverse side as that will make you hate flashcards just shorts points/sentences.

Quick Reply

Latest