The Student Room Group

Problems with extreme anxiety when asking a girl out

Is it just me? my heart starts pumping so hard when i am about to ask a girl out. Its like my world is going to collapsed.

Scroll to see replies

I have this sometimes, but i usually think this - the worst thing she can say is no or say she's busy. She'll most likely be flattered regardless if you were polite enough. If she acts like a bitch just walk away. If she likes you she'll spend time with you. Plenty of fish in the sea and you have nothing to lose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lucasium
Grow some balls

This is scientifically not possible
Adrenaline....

Just 'man up' and ask her.
Original post by Deliciously
This is scientifically not possible

Either you're stupid and don't understand what he meant. or you do, and you're stupid enough to post a sarcastic reply.
It's normal to feel nervous, it's a natural reaction. If it's incredibly bad then work on it by visualising it beforehand and how it may go, and breathing deeply before you ask her out.
Reply 6
It's completely normal. And somehow the drive to have a relationship gets us through it. Plus you have to suffer some knock backs and still keep trying. I think with experience it gets a little easier. The reward of a positive result makes it all worthwhile..
Oh my god that is so cute.

And also normal.
Original post by Lucasium
Grow some balls

That's so cliche and just stupid.:rolleyes:
Original post by Abolisher
Either you're stupid and don't understand what he meant. or you do, and you're stupid enough to post a sarcastic reply.

Why make the effort to reply to me. My reply was sarcastic
Original post by Abolisher
Adrenaline....

Just 'man up' and ask her.

Stop with the topless avi's already. No girl is going to PM you and you bloody well know it
Original post by Peel. Dem. Crew
That's so cliche and just stupid.:rolleyes:

Tf. I swear you keep coming back wit dat one eye pic
Original post by Anonymous
Is it just me? my heart starts pumping so hard when i am about to ask a girl out. Its like my world is going to collapsed.

calm your man tiddies, just act like you've know that person for a long time, make it casual
Whats the worst that could happen, you get rejected that's it and you move on. People won't make fun of you for having the courage to ask someone out :smile:
Original post by Deliciously
Why make the effort to reply to me. My reply was sarcastic

It was no effort, honestly. I could ask you the same question, but I won't.
Original post by Bambamchum
Stop with the topless avi's already. No girl is going to PM you and you bloody well know it

Peanut butter and jelly.

I've had several conversations with females from here including Mkap for a long time till she got banned.
Original post by yoda123
Whats the worst that could happen, you get rejected that's it and you move on. People won't make fun of you for having the courage to ask someone out :smile:

Definitely. Any guy who witnesses you attempting to ask someone out will either think "damn, I wish I would have had the balls to make a move sooner", or "get in there bro".
Reply 17
Okay so I'm a girl and I asked a guy out when I was 15 (talk about being a confident girl :colonhash:) so I know the feeling lol. Body gets numb. Everything starts swirling. "OMG-I'm-going-to-vomit".. "Someone-just-shot-an-invisible-bullet-at-my-heart" ....yup, know all of those temporary scary emotions... But its totally normal so...
Original post by Anonymous
Mate if yeh have trouble talking you've bigger problems than asking gals out.

Focus on that and if a girl asks yeh in the meantime great.

Original post by Noara
Okay so I'm a girl and I asked a guy out when I was 15 (talk about being a confident girl :colonhash:) so I know the feeling lol. Body gets numb. Everything starts swirling. "OMG-I'm-going-to-vomit".. "Someone-just-shot-an-invisible-bullet-at-my-heart" ....yup, know all of those temporary scary emotions... But its totally normal so...
See this girl, confident enough to make the move.
Reply 19
Original post by trustmeimlying1
Mate if yeh have trouble talking you've bigger problems than asking gals out.

Focus on that and if a girl asks yeh in the meantime great.

See this girl, confident enough to make the move.

Haha thank you thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending