The Student Room Group

How's everyone feeling about GCSEs being in just over a month?

Scroll to see replies

yep
i have no idea!!!!
im doing all my revision but i feel that when i go for the exam my mind will go BLANK

I CANT EVEN BELIEVE ITS JUST OVER A MONTH
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 202
i have 23 exams lol....
fml, i just want to get it over and done with tbh.
Original post by tamanna___
Stressed out of my mind.
EXAMS START IN MAY AND ITS APRIL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

this is exactly how i am feeling at the moment
1 month and thats it :frown:
Original post by Rachel000222
Thoughts, revision tips...

I don't mind, I finished them like 6 years ago haha
Original post by Snowy_Dove
WTF?!

No! You're ****ing smart though... If I got that I would drink 3 bottles of Vodka and throw a ****ing house party. haha

Seriously though 3A*s! That's great

LOL, my dad wouldn't think so, most of my friends got higher than me, no way i can lose to them:colonhash:
Reply 207
Original post by ChocolateCosmos
Yep, I'm doing Level 2 AQA further maths, for which I haven't started revision, and i've genuinely forgotten my BASIC GCSE MATHS STUFF

For matrices, I guess, write out the different matrices, what translations they represent. There should be 7 in total, and make flashcards with that. So one side has the matrix, and the other side has the transformation.

For the matrix calculations, literally just practice questions..

I really wish you the best! You'll ace it.... I'm not sure if this is a misconception, but doesn't the course just seem like 80% GCSE basics, and 20% AS level?

I'm preaching how to revise, when I only picked up a book yesterday to start revision. I'm gonna fail.. Goodbye 12 A*s... I WANT TO CRY
I don't even know how to revise. When I DO revise, in a week or something, i'm gonna end up just reading my book, nothing else :frown:

Gosh i'm one of those typical, TSR, moaning, anxious procrastinators? If only someone gave me a realistic assurance and something to pull me up :frown:
I seem to reject everyone that says ' YOU CAN DO IT. JUST REVISE'... Its as if Im waiting for some special reply. LOL

Anyway... :frown:
Back to life

BYE, and I wish you all the best, again.

Hi, thanks so much for this, that flashcard tip is brilliant. Haha don't worry if you haven't started revision but now might be a good time to start! 12 A*s is overrated anyway. As long as you get your head down for the next few months I'm sure you'll be fine.

As for the 80% GCSE 20% AS I'm not sure about that. I'm doing Maths for A-Level next sure and my teacher said we will be relearning a lot of what we've done for Level 2, but we will be taking in one step further. I don't know how people doing GCSE Maths this year and A-Level next year will find A-Level, especially since we've had this head start. In my school Set 1 and 2 take GCSE Maths one year early then in Y11 Set 1 do FMSQ and Set 2 do Level 2, while 3, 4 and 5 are still studying for GCSE.

I hope you do well, don't stress too much- you have have to make some sacrifices right now but they will be worth it. Good luck!
Original post by redleader1
Awwww you youngsters, I remember the month before my GCSE's about 7 years ago now. It was stressful, however I personally think the stress of it is over rated, but it depends on the person. Once I finished mine, I thought I didnt really need to stress over them. Do you guys still have the 2 months off for 'study leave' ?

Haha study leave -_- my first exam (geography) is on the 3rd of May and study leave for me starts on the 6th. :frown::frown:
Original post by rosie.mn
I'm going to a college because my school doesnt have a sixth form and im so glad because I can't wait to get out and have a new start! I'm taking government and politics, philosophy, history and english literature, what are you doing?

I'm jealous of you!! You can do history and English lit!!! Smart girl :tongue: but isn't your hand going to well fall off?? I'm doing Maths Biology Economics and Spanish. Good Luck in your new six form
Original post by ac1999
Hi, thanks so much for this, that flashcard tip is brilliant. Haha don't worry if you haven't started revision but now might be a good time to start! 12 A*s is overrated anyway. As long as you get your head down for the next few months I'm sure you'll be fine.

As for the 80% GCSE 20% AS I'm not sure about that. I'm doing Maths for A-Level next sure and my teacher said we will be relearning a lot of what we've done for Level 2, but we will be taking in one step further. I don't know how people doing GCSE Maths this year and A-Level next year will find A-Level, especially since we've had this head start. In my school Set 1 and 2 take GCSE Maths one year early then in Y11 Set 1 do FMSQ and Set 2 do Level 2, while 3, 4 and 5 are still studying for GCSE.

I hope you do well, don't stress too much- you have have to make some sacrifices right now but they will be worth it. Good luck!

Thanks for the reassurance :frown:
Hope I can pull it off....
LORD.

Good luck again :smile:
Im just gonna read through my FM textbook.

Since its the last exam, just gonna cram it in the last week since it overlaps with GCSE MATHS soo much.
Original post by Fractite
Well I have 21 exams, so I'm bricking it.
Yeah, I revise a lot, but not as much as I originally thought...

Same! I have 21 aswell
Original post by TakingMyTimeOnMy
I'm jealous of you!! You can do history and English lit!!! Smart girl :tongue: but isn't your hand going to well fall off?? I'm doing Maths Biology Economics and Spanish. Good Luck in your new six form

I'm lucky because I like the stuff I'm good at, and I'm pretty sure I'll have a dead hand the majority of the 2 years I'm there. Oooooh those are good subjects, good luck to you too :smile:
Original post by Username3097486
So do I, but when I think of my drama performance i feel that but 10 times worse :frown:

Honestly, I did my Drama exam on the 21st of March, and it was fine once you're up there. Just show yourself off haha that's what I did
did my GCSEs last year and they went really well. for those of you doing them this year here are a few things i learnt

1) things aren't as bad as they seem, i genuinely thought i hadn't got cs in most of my subjects but results day ended up being fine

2) when the exam is over don't stress over it if you think it went badly, just move onto the next one, you can't change anything that's in the past. the same goes for over the summer, forget about it all until results day

3) one revision method i used was repeating writing out notes. i wrote out my notes onto plain pieces of a4 in a landscape way so i didn't have too many pages and i could try and visualize it in the exam.

4) sleep is so hugely important, i always found it more productive to go to bed at 9 and wake up at 5 to get a few hours revision in before the exam than going to bed at midnight.

5) if you have good controlled assessment grades you can chill out slightly. obviously still work your hardest but with so many of my exams the CA pulled my grade up a boundary

6) give yourself breaks and days off so you can sort yourself out.

7) get your parents on your side - i had a good amount of study leave but it started on the day of my first exam so in the week before i had a few days off to revise which really helped.

8) check out the mark schemes and know that there are certain questions practically guaranteed to come up or phrases you have to say for the mark

9) with the sciences one thing i've realised will always get you full marks is with graphs, say the relationship between the variables and then manipulate the data

10) breathe and thank god you're not on a levels yet
Sh*tting Rocks
Original post by juliabennett
did my GCSEs last year and they went really well. for those of you doing them this year here are a few things i learnt

1) things aren't as bad as they seem, i genuinely thought i hadn't got cs in most of my subjects but results day ended up being fine

2) when the exam is over don't stress over it if you think it went badly, just move onto the next one, you can't change anything that's in the past. the same goes for over the summer, forget about it all until results day

3) one revision method i used was repeating writing out notes. i wrote out my notes onto plain pieces of a4 in a landscape way so i didn't have too many pages and i could try and visualize it in the exam.

4) sleep is so hugely important, i always found it more productive to go to bed at 9 and wake up at 5 to get a few hours revision in before the exam than going to bed at midnight.

5) if you have good controlled assessment grades you can chill out slightly. obviously still work your hardest but with so many of my exams the CA pulled my grade up a boundary

6) give yourself breaks and days off so you can sort yourself out.

7) get your parents on your side - i had a good amount of study leave but it started on the day of my first exam so in the week before i had a few days off to revise which really helped.

8) check out the mark schemes and know that there are certain questions practically guaranteed to come up or phrases you have to say for the mark

9) with the sciences one thing i've realised will always get you full marks is with graphs, say the relationship between the variables and then manipulate the data

haha you dont understand how much this has reassured me ! :smile:
Original post by juliabennett

To you, I would say thank God you're not on A2 yet :wink:
I'm so nervous, especially for the Maths, English and History exams :0 I'm so worried that the way I revise doesn't actually help/ I'll forget everything in the exam
Original post by CinnamonSmol
I'm so nervous, especially for the Maths, English and History exams :0 I'm so worried that the way I revise doesn't actually help/ I'll forget everything in the exam[/

Do past papers and memorise your notes

Quick Reply

Latest