The Student Room Group

Why is it creepy for guys to check out girls but fine for girls to do the same?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alkaline.
the road to success

Banter
tbh this is nowhere near the road to success this is just another one of those pathetic threads in order to get a lil jokes in cause no one wants to give a damn about them in the first place. Not being harsh or anything
Original post by drandy76
From what I've observed, it's that thing you do after you've got all your bits and pieces at a supermarket

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ye but I didn't know you can buy girls. Where is this place?
Reply 22
It is because of the penis.. Quite a creation. 🍆
Original post by EricPiphany
Ye but I didn't know you can buy girls. Where is this place?

Think it's more like a market type thing, they only show up on street corners every now again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think it's more like a market type thing, they only show up on street corners every now again

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, I'll look out for them.
Ok, I'll look out for them.

Be careful they don't accept card

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looking isn't the issue, it's what comes with that: comments, making people feel uncomfortable, etc.etc. Men, generally, welcome attention from women (if they are heterosexual) whereas a lot of women find it uncomfortable and would rather be able to go out, have a drink, and not have a bunch of sex-obsessed jack-the-lad's perving on them. However, many women also welcome it and do similar things back.

Like I say though, it isn't the 'looking' that's the issue and nobody says it is.
Reply 27
Tbh if you check someone out to the extent that it's obvious it'll probably look weird regardless of gender
Be careful they don't accept card

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was hoping I could get a free sample.
I was hoping I could get a free sample.

Go to a morgue

Posted from TSR Mobile
As long as it isnt in an objectifying way, I don't have a problem with guys checking girls out.
Shhhh its called feminism :rolleyes:
Go to a morgue

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. Your advice is always out of this world.
Thanks. Your advice is always out of this world.

No problemo (insert clever response here)
Reply 34
Because that's what feminists say.
What does 'check out' mean?

The bit before you get an unexpected item in the bagging area
:teeth:
Original post by Retired_Messiah
It seems to me that men seem to like any attention they can get for their looks, whereas the lasses aren't like that for reasons I cannot really rationalise.

That combined with certain narratives that men are somehow more predatory (basically what the first poster was bangin on about) leads to this kinda weird standard.

In the end though it doesn't matter. Idgaf what people think I'll admire dat ass if I damn well want to.

You can't really understand why girls may find a gawky teenager dribbling over their "ass" a bit creepy?

What a lot of guys (such as yourself) don't seem to grasp, is the difference between a quick glance, and leering. If say I walk past someone and they shoot a quick subtle glance or smile, doesn't bother me. I probs do the same. But when someone is actively gawping at you... Drives me insane.

For example, I work in a uni library. One day I was standing on a stool to stack a top shelf, and I just glance to my left to find a boy sat leaning back in his chair, turned towards me, full on staring. When he realised I caught him he acted rather embarrassed, as you would. That kind of staring pisses me off. Unfortunately my natural reaction is always to quickly glance away because of awkwardness, I wish my first reaction would be to a muster up the perfect face of disdain.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Retired_Messiah
It seems to me that men seem to like any attention they can get for their looks, whereas the lasses aren't like that for reasons I cannot really rationalise.

That combined with certain narratives that men are somehow more predatory (basically what the first poster was bangin on about) leads to this kinda weird standard.

In the end though it doesn't matter. Idgaf what people think I'll admire dat ass if I damn well want to.

Also "I'll admire dat ass if I damn well want to" is the epitome of objectification. I can stare at that body part no matter how uncomfortable I make the person it belongs to feel, for I give no consideration to the person whatsoever. All I see is an ass.

I can touch dat ass if I damn well want to.

I can penetrate dat ass if I damn well want to.

Quick Reply

Latest