The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vicky628
I think I have all their albums - dad was a massive Smiths fan so it must have been inherited (although where my bro got his J-pop from I've no idea).

I know, a conversation about music often ends in a blank look and a "oh, echo/who/whatever is what my great uncle's into":biggrin: so yeah - glad to see I'm not alone!:h:

My dad definitely played in part in shaping my music taste :tongue: Which I'm very glad about :lol:

Echo and the Bunnymen are my favourite band haha :tongue: but yeah, not alone :smile:
Sigur Ros
I like a fair amount of modern music too:tongue: but, y'know... Not the sixties! Mother's into Justin Bieber, makes car rides interesting:s-smilie:

Haha ahh right I see :tongue: Your mum like Bieber?! :lol: my sister likes him actually.... my mum is quite into Bruno Mars actually :lol:
Original post by SassKing13
My dad definitely played in part in shaping my music taste :tongue: Which I'm very glad about :lol:

Echo and the Bunnymen are my favourite band haha :tongue: but yeah, not alone :smile:

Same (mainly because I've "borrowed" all his records and CDs:colondollar:)

I saw (at least thought it looked like them), I love Heaven Up Here:h:

Original post by Amellia123
Haha ahh right I see :tongue: Your mum like Bieber?! :lol: my sister likes him actually.... my mum is quite into Bruno Mars actually :lol:

I know, hmm no we had the Bruno Mars phase a while ago:biggrin: some of the stuff (Beatles, Oasis) I like, but most of it is way too poppy. When you mum's "cooler"than you.....!

I know, hmm no we had the Bruno Mars phase a while ago:biggrin: some of the stuff (Beatles, Oasis) I like, but most of it is way too poppy. When you mum's "cooler"than you.....!

Haha ahh I see :biggrin: She has quite a few modern CDs... she also likes Blue, 5 and Peter Andre :rofl: I do actually really like The Beatles (my dad has nearly all of their albums I think!) Oh God yes..... ahh dear :lol:

Yeah, you'd be correct :tongue: That's probably my favourite album of theirs, but then I really like Crocodiles, Porcupine and Ocean Rain too :tongue: I haven't really given their 4th album many listens at all. I like some songs from there rather than the full album :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ikhan94
Damn this thread is so long :s-smilie:

but so light :wink:

Family of the Year - Hero
Haha ahh I see :biggrin: She has quite a few modern CDs... she also likes Blue, 5 and Peter Andre :rofl: I do actually really like The Beatles (my dad has nearly all of their albums I think!) Oh God yes..... ahh dear :lol:

Peter Andre?:s-smilie: I don't think we're that bad!:biggrin: So do I! Rubber soul is my go to Beatles album:h: I don't think we have any Beatles CDs, got it downloaded but I'm on the look out for some decent quality vinyl editions (when I have money:wink:)
Peter Andre?:s-smilie: I don't think we're that bad!:biggrin: So do I! Rubber soul is my go to Beatles album:h: I don't think we have any Beatles CDs, got it downloaded but I'm on the look out for some decent quality vinyl editions (when I have money:wink:)

Haha yes ikr.... I literally die inside every time Mysterious Girl comes on.... oh the joys :lol: I do like that album, Drive My Car is one of my favourite Beatles songs! Oh I see, my mum has a few on cassette I think! :biggrin: Haha that sounds like a great idea!! :wink: :biggrin:
Echo and the Bunnymen - Gods Will Be Gods (Live at The Savoy, NYC, USA, 1984)
[video="youtube;AZ7qx3X99Iw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ7qx3X99Iw[/video]

no, kylie jenner does not sing the song
Haha yes ikr.... I literally die inside every time Mysterious Girl comes on.... oh the joys :lol: I do like that album, Drive My Car is one of my favourite Beatles songs! Oh I see, my mum has a few on cassette I think! :biggrin: Haha that sounds like a great idea!! :wink: :biggrin:

It's pretty perfect right:colondollar:... I think we got rid of all our cassettes, looking through the CDs now we have a "best of" Beatles CD, that's it:biggrin: that's the plan, get rich and buy as much music (and shirts) as possible....:h:

Yeah, you'd be correct :tongue: That's probably my favourite album of theirs, but then I really like Crocodiles, Porcupine and Ocean Rain too :tongue: I haven't really given their 4th album many listens at all. I like some songs from there rather than the full album :tongue:

I don't think I've heard much on Ocean Rain, but love Crocodiles!:h:
Amused to Death.
It's pretty perfect right:colondollar:... I think we got rid of all our cassettes, looking through the CDs now we have a "best of" Beatles CD, that's it:biggrin: that's the plan, get rich and buy as much music (and shirts) as possible....:h:

Have you heard Porcupine? That's very good :smile: and ah, Ocean Rain is definitely worth a listen! :biggrin:

Haha yep :colondollar: I really don't know why my mum kept hers.... she doesn't even have a cassette player anymore :lol: Oh right! That's better than none at all :biggrin: Ahh I see, good plan!! Urgh after exams I need to try and find myself another job :biggrin:
Have you heard Porcupine? That's very good :smile: and ah, Ocean Rain is definitely worth a listen! :biggrin:

Bits and bobs of both, don't think I've heard either the whole way through:redface: that'll be my plan for tomorrow!:biggrin:

Haha yep :colondollar: I really don't know why my mum kept hers.... she doesn't even have a cassette player anymore :lol: Oh right! That's better than none at all :biggrin: Ahh I see, good plan!! Urgh after exams I need to try and find myself another job :biggrin:

Exactly, like CDs are still useful in cars, and vinyls are good quality audio:biggrin: yeah, I'll have to steal it at some point :biggrin: so do I ... Though I also need to save for uni .... But, like, I probably won't want to eat then? I'll have a banging record collection and wardrobe!!!
Bits and bobs of both, don't think I've heard either the whole way through:redface: that'll be my plan for tomorrow!:biggrin:

Exactly, like CDs are still useful in cars, and vinyls are good quality audio:biggrin: yeah, I'll have to steal it at some point :biggrin: so do I ... Though I also need to save for uni .... But, like, I probably won't want to eat then? I'll have a banging record collection and wardrobe!!!

Ah, I see! Porcupine is great, some very energetic songs on there :biggrin: Quite obscure lyrics, but that's typical Bunnymen haha :tongue: Ocean Rain is great too. The title track is an amazing song :smile: Hope you enjoy! :smile:

Yeah thats true :biggrin: and they really are!! Haha yes you will :tongue: Same really, I've promised myself I wont buy anything until I get a job (although I am never doing café work again... ill have to try the pub :lol:) Haha yeah you will!! Omg I will be very jealous :tongue:
Ah, I see! Porcupine is great, some very energetic songs on there :biggrin: Quite obscure lyrics, but that's typical Bunnymen haha :tongue: Ocean Rain is great too. The title track is an amazing song :smile: Hope you enjoy! :smile:

I'll let you know!:h: What else is your jam then?:wink:

Yeah thats true :biggrin: and they really are!! Haha yes you will :tongue: Same really, I've promised myself I wont buy anything until I get a job (although I am never doing café work again... ill have to try the pub :lol:) Haha yeah you will!! Omg I will be very jealous :tongue:

Anything? Like not even an emergency pair of shoes?!? I admire your self restraint man:tongue: haha, I'll be jealous of those sensible people who are actually eating...:biggrin: I don't think I'll have time for a job this summer, probs do some voluntary stuff, but I can't promise constant hours... Idk I doubt the pub's any better

Latest