The Student Room Group

Student loans and Islam

How can I pay my tuition fees?

My parents won't fund my education, they've already spent a lot of their savings on helping my brothers through university, and they aren't that keen on my going anyway.

I qualify for a bursary, but that is still significantly short of the tuition fees.

It will be difficult to find a job, most jobs will be mixed gender, and I am not comfortable in that situation.

Can anyone suggest any halal loans?

Scroll to see replies

Oh boy you're in for a treat in the real world.
Lmaoooooooo
Reply 3
Original post by mocha Frappe
Oh boy you're in for a treat in the real world.

Original post by alldayniqqa
Lmaoooooooo

Any advice? If not, then don't feel the need to comment, thanks :smile:
Welcome to The modern world where women and men work together, if you cant handle this I dont see how you will get any real job
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

My parents won't fund my education, they've already spent a lot of their savings on helping my brothers through university, and they aren't that keen on my going anyway.

I qualify for a bursary, but that is still significantly short of the tuition fees.

It will be difficult to find a job, most jobs will be mixed gender, and I am not comfortable in that situation.

So will university and most things in life. Unless your parents are rich and will fund your tuition you will struggle I assume.

It's hard. My tuition fees are paid by the nhs
, but I've got to take living loan. May allah forgive me inshallah x

I've heard of shiria loan
Reply 7
Original post by Jenx301
So will university and most things in life. Unless your parents are rich and will fund your tuition you will struggle I assume.

I am considering universities in Europe, for example they are free in Germany. Yes, University is mixed gender, but that can't be helped, and there at least will be other Muslim students in my situation who might help
Reply 8
You could do teaching in mosque which will be segregated or tutoring at home :smile:
ffs I thought you modern muslims weren't literalists

Halal loans and jobs LOL you'll get far m8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
You could do teaching in mosque which will be segregated or tutoring at home :smile:

That's a great idea, thanks :smile:

Do you think that will be enough to cover the costs of university?

LOOOL how did you survive this long in the UK...
Any advice? If not, then don't feel the need to comment, thanks :smile:

Student loans don't require interest I'm pretty sure, that's why they're student loans. If they do then oh maaaaaaaan
(edited 8 years ago)
Laughed at this post for a while.

Anyho - work is work, and working with men isn't haram - keep the relationships strictly business if you're that scared
That's a great idea, thanks :smile:

Do you think that will be enough to cover the costs of university?

No it won't. You have to pay for a year upfront so unless you can get the mosque you work at to pay you 9k before you start uni, I doubt it.
Original post by Squishy•
Student loans don't require interest I'm pretty sure, that's why they're student loans. If they do then oh maaaaaaaan

Student loans gain interest over time.
This is the reason why people think some Muslims cant integrate with modern society

Salaam,

Recently Shaykh Haitham Al-Haddad in London spoke about the permissability of SFE student loans on the principle that Islam does not recognise it as interest in our definition of it. This kind of loan is unique as it does not have to be paid until you make a profit (until you make a decent amount of money) so don't worry about it and go for the tuition fee (not the maintenance one).

Should be all good!

In terms of a job, depends if you're a male or female (as male's are obligated to feed the family). Visitor message me on my page if you want further advice on that.

Latest

Trending

Trending