The Student Room Group

5 weeks till exams...

5 weeks till exams...and i dont know wat to do! i hav startd revision but i dnt think its enough..
I revise 1-2 hours a day, but still havnt covered half of my science content (i do triple science)
I want to get As/A*s. Will i be able to get them at the rate im going?
Any suggestions as to what i should do?!

Thanks!
listen, if i could go back to gcse's the first thing i'd tell myself is to stop worrying about if i started revision too late. I honestly did very light revision and just made notes, basically wasted my time, tricking myself into thinking I was revising to clear my conscience. Then about three weeks before the exams, I started proper revision. Like memorising the stuff, stragiht from the textbook. I soon found out that with GCSE'S as long as you understand the stuff, even something like history, you can revise like a week before, but putting in a lot of hours. Except for Geography, that **** was hard. I got three a stars, three a's and three b's. As long as you start now, I promise you it's the right time to start. Not too early, not too late. Just do more hours, about three or four a day. Andyou'll get the grades you want. I think you're just worrying, happens to everyone. Good luck mate.
Original post by chicagokid1998
listen, if i could go back to gcse's the first thing i'd tell myself is to stop worrying about if i started revision too late. I honestly did very light revision and just made notes, basically wasted my time, tricking myself into thinking I was revising to clear my conscience. Then about three weeks before the exams, I started proper revision. Like memorising the stuff, stragiht from the textbook. I soon found out that with GCSE'S as long as you understand the stuff, even something like history, you can revise like a week before, but putting in a lot of hours. Except for Geography, that **** was hard. I got three a stars, three a's and three b's. As long as you start now, I promise you it's the right time to start. Not too early, not too late. Just do more hours, about three or four a day. Andyou'll get the grades you want. I think you're just worrying, happens to everyone. Good luck mate.

how did you memorise stuff tho without making notes?
Well I haven't even started yet if that helps..
Original post by sammyyrosee
Well I haven't even started yet if that helps..

I haven't either :colonhash:

Spoiler

Original post by Ishea16
I haven't either :colonhash:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

doing AS?
naa its never too late to start, we'll make it:cool:

i hope:puppyeyes:
Original post by Ishea16
doing AS?
naa its never too late to start, we'll make it:cool:

i hope:puppyeyes:

I sure hope so! Good luck sweetie :frown:
Original post by zash
5 weeks till exams...and i dont know wat to do! i hav startd revision but i dnt think its enough..
I revise 1-2 hours a day, but still havnt covered half of my science content (i do triple science)
I want to get As/A*s. Will i be able to get them at the rate im going?
Any suggestions as to what i should do?!

Thanks!

Just do as much as you can and you will be perfectly fine
I sure hope so! Good luck sweetie :frown:

thanks I need it :colondollar:
Good luck to you too! give it everything you've got, not long left now:tongue:
ayy gotta achieve 7b's which by the sounds of it is easy as pi

I'm revising but as a great guy once put it - "Nothings f**cking going in!"

Quick Reply

Latest