The Student Room Group

Anyone else suffering some extreme procrastination?

Really I think I just want to know that I'm not alone...

I have yet to start revising for my AS exams and feel physically sick if I try.

I will do allnighters just to get a tiny piece of work done. It makes me so sad.

Anyone else experiencing this or knows how to get over it??

Original post by sammyyrosee

I will do allnighters just to get a tiny piece of work done. It makes me so sad.

Sometimes the fear of failure helps with revision.

Also sometimes it's good to make a record of the longest time you studied or did your work for before you had to stop and take a break. If you make a list of these times, you will feel more accomplished! :colondollar:

Also the pomodoro technique works well if you make sure you don't procrastinate during the breaks (which is hard).

For chronic procrastinators, taking breaks is a terrible idea in my opinion because you might not have the motivation to come back and continue.
Reply 2

You're definitely not alone. I've been procrastinating as well and I have no clue how to stop

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can totally relate. I haven't done much revision this half term and I am beating nyself up for it and I know I will pay for it when I get 2 grades lower than what I got in my last mock :redface:.
You still have tomorrow so try and make the best of it. I am aiming 4 for hours tomorrow and that would be the most I would have done his half term.

Even the best of us procastinate and its not something we should regret. You should start revisng for your AS and give it all you can! You only have 1 good oppurtunity to ace those exam(unless you want to retake).. Try to dio 1 session of complete focused work with a 15 min break then do another session. Will power is finite resource and needs to be used carefully. Always do your revision in the morning as you will be less exhasusted and less likely to drop it. Remember, you can do it!! :smile:
Guilty. I do that a lot.
Reply 6
I've badly procrastinated this half term. My true revision starts tomorrow :smile:

(I say this every night - but tomorrow is it, I can feel it >.>)
Reply 7

Honestly, I've procrastinated for two weeks straight and I'm trying to do all of my homework in two days (stupid, I know). I don't even know how to revise at this point for my AS exams because I feel like there isn't enough time to revise. I don't know what sort of revision technique works for me, and my first exam is in 35 days.
Reply 8
Original post by _klauds
Honestly, I've procrastinated for two weeks straight and I'm trying to do all of my homework in two days (stupid, I know). I don't even know how to revise at this point for my AS exams because I feel like there isn't enough time to revise. I don't know what sort of revision technique works for me, and my first exam is in 35 days.

Yep, I'm in this exact boat. Tomorrow I'm going to do all my homework, which is ALL DUE ON MONDAY. Then I have like 7 mocks in the next 2 weeks and I'm so screwed for that. Ugh :'(

I've never revised properly in my life, so I also have no idea what works for me. It's so upsetting :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest