The Student Room Group

Leaving the EU and its effects on LDRs

How do you guys feel about Britain possibly leaving the EU, and the impact it may have on some of our relationships, if it'll have any?

It got me thinking of this girl I went out with very briefly. It had to end as she went back to France- if I did get back involved with her for whatever reason, and it became a LDR, and we leave the EU- surely the freedom of movement that currently exists for EYU citizens will be withdrawn?
Not likely till 2020 as the earliest. probably not for freeedom of movement as that seems to come with single market which is what we want.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Not likely till 2020 as the earliest. probably not for freeedom of movement as that seems to come with single market which is what we want.

So four years...interesting.

You reckon? Isn't that what most 'out' people are concerned with. I'd imagine freedom of movement would be heavily restricted.
Reply 3
At worst you'd have to get a visa to go, that's hardly a struggle.
Reply 4
yes, most people who want to leave have no clue about the impact it will have on uk... they just want to make immigration heavily restricted . Hopefully it wont come to that
Reply 5
Nice try Cameron
Reply 6
Original post by BaronK
At worst you'd have to get a visa to go, that's hardly a struggle.

I dunno depends on the country your trying to enter I suppose, and what you want to do there. You couldn't just turn up there a live there for a bit.

Quick Reply