The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Who has firmed Reading Univeristy??

I firmed Reading yesterday and thought I'd start this thread to get to know some people who are also going in September and make some friends ahah!! I'm going to study Zoology

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yayitsrosie
I firmed Reading yesterday and thought I'd start this thread to get to know some people who are also going in September and make some friends ahah!! I'm going to study Zoology

Firmed Reading about a month ago! Planning to study architecture there, though I don't know anyone else that's planning on doing that course as well....

Chosen an accommodation yet?
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
I've firmed for zoology too!
Reply 3
Original post by muctarrio97
Firmed Reading about a month ago! Planning to study architecture there, though I don't know anyone else that's planning on doing that course as well....

Chosen an accommodation yet?

I really want to go for Bridges accommodation with the shared bathroom! It opens tomorrow so i'm going to be waiting by my computer ahaha
Reply 4
Original post by AmyAmy123
I've firmed for zoology too!

Ahhh awesome! What offer did you get??
Reply 5
I haven't
Firmed an unconditional offer for BSc Chemistry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Amethyst44
Firmed an unconditional offer for BSc Chemistry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah congrats on the unconditional! Do you have any idea what accommodation you want yet?
Congrats on getting an offer from Reading you guys :smile:

Halls at reading are great, only problem is that they are on the pricey side!

The premium halls are very nice inside however I lived in benyon first year and was happy with it
Reply 9
Original post by James A
Congrats on getting an offer from Reading you guys :smile:

Halls at reading are great, only problem is that they are on the pricey side!

The premium halls are very nice inside however I lived in benyon first year and was happy with it

I noticed ahah! Yeah I liked the look of Benyon! Do you know if the other standard on suite rooms are just as nice?
I noticed ahah! Yeah I liked the look of Benyon! Do you know if the other standard on suite rooms are just as nice?

The halls were built around 2000/2001 from what I know so it's not too bad! The actual Benyon area is like a cul-de-sac and there's a pond/lake right in the middle with some ducks and geese. It's a really peaceful area to be honest :smile: The common room was very recently built back in 2013 when I moved in, which is a nice addition. You get six people to a flat; the kitchen itself is good and the kitchen gets cleaned every week by the cleaners.

The other standard on suite rooms are Sherfield which is slightly older and (Greenow and McCombie) which are similar from what I know of! Only difference is that Greenow/McCombie are on campus so its only a 5 minute walk to the main campus area where the library is etc etc. Benyon and Sherfield are off campus so it's a 12 minute walk or something like that to get to the main campus bit :tongue:
Reply 11
Original post by James A
The halls were built around 2000/2001 from what I know so it's not too bad! The actual Benyon area is like a cul-de-sac and there's a pond/lake right in the middle with some ducks and geese. It's a really peaceful area to be honest :smile: The common room was very recently built back in 2013 when I moved in, which is a nice addition. You get six people to a flat; the kitchen itself is good and the kitchen gets cleaned every week by the cleaners.

The other standard on suite rooms are Sherfield which is slightly older and (Greenow and McCombie) which are similar from what I know of! Only difference is that Greenow/McCombie are on campus so its only a 5 minute walk to the main campus area where the library is etc etc. Benyon and Sherfield are off campus so it's a 12 minute walk or something like that to get to the main campus bit :tongue:

Thanks! They all sound great ahah! Did you manage to get your first choice accommodation??
Reply 12

Firmed Reading about a month ago, conditional offer for Bsc Economics. :afro:
Thanks! They all sound great ahah! Did you manage to get your first choice accommodation??

Yeah I put Benyon down as my first choice and got it :smile: Reading was my firm choice.

From what I can remember, if you have Reading as your firm you are almost guaranteed a place in your first choice hall. All the allocations get filled up by the firmers and then on results day when the people who got into Reading as their insurance, they will basically be left with any of the free spaces in halls! That's how it works.

So in a nutshell, you got a very good chance of getting your first choice halls so pick wisely!
Reply 14
Original post by ca8296
Firmed Reading about a month ago, conditional offer for Bsc Economics. :afro:

Awesome I'll see you there haha, are you applying for accommodation today?
I've just firmed Reading a few days ago to do Business management. I've been reading page after page about all the accommodation and I decided to put Wessex as my first choice and Bridges as my second because I read some where that because the halls are so new the security is pretty tight on them and they don't like a lot of partying.

I was wondering if anyone who is already at Reading is aware of how often grades get lowered to go in? As I have been offer AAB and although this is not unobtainable I do often wonder whether or not these are the grades I will be achieving. Please let me know if anyone knows of anybody or who themselves have had their grades lowered on results day as this may re-kindle my beliefs into getting into the uni I desire (Reading).
Reply 16
Original post by James A
Yeah I put Benyon down as my first choice and got it :smile: Reading was my firm choice.

From what I can remember, if you have Reading as your firm you are almost guaranteed a place in your first choice hall. All the allocations get filled up by the firmers and then on results day when the people who got into Reading as their insurance, they will basically be left with any of the free spaces in halls! That's how it works.

So in a nutshell, you got a very good chance of getting your first choice halls so pick wisely!

Ahhh okay! Thank you :smile:)
Going to firm Reading:h: in a few weeks time for Pharmacy :smile:
Woah congrats on the unconditional! Do you have any idea what accommodation you want yet?

Cheers :biggrin: I've had my A level grades since 2013 and am kinda transferring from another uni hence the unconditional, no grades to wait for! I was thinking St George's, just gonna go as cheap as possible! You?
Firmed Reading Yesterday!! Conditional offer for computer science!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Has anyone been able to apply for accommodation yet? The link wont work for me /:

Quick Reply

Latest