The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AperfectBalance
To protest peacefully, to hold civilized debates and to get good solid facts together

When this does not change the situation, what should they do next?
Yeah, I do get that "#BlackLivesMatter, partly due to White Supremacy in the US, but then again, #AllLivesMatter because we've all been under some sort of discrimination.
Original post by princepaul575858
when did blm say that they are solely against solely white officers shooting black people.

They are against police killing full stop.

If you stopped trying to read people's minds and instead and focus on reading people words you will get somewhere.

Again let's run with your argument that some officers were black. It's still meaningless. Racism does not require that the perpetrator of the deed be white.

Black cops are surely capable of internalising and then acting upon the same anti-black prejudices and stereotypes as whites.

The culture of law enforcement encourages a siege mentality among its members, and this mentality often plays out in a blatantly racist fashion, no matter the colour of the person wearing the uniform.

How many cops have been killed by an unarmed citizen ? Zero.
How many times a year does a police officer get beaten to death ? Zero.
How many officers in the field are killed each year by violence, 0.5 per state.

There are over 900,000 sworn law enforcement officers in the usa and less than one officer per state meets a violent demise, only 100 officers are killed in the line of duty each year, mostly by vehicle accidents.

The 10 deadliest jobs in the usa

1. Fishers and related fishing workers
2. Logging workers
3. Aircraft pilot and flight engineers
4. Refuse and recyclable material collectors
5. Roofers
6. Structural iron and steel workers
7. Farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural managers
8. Drivers/sales workers and truck drivers
9. Electrical power-line installers and repairers
10. Taxi drivers and chauffeurs

police officers don't even make the top ten. So i don't fall for that image of these o, so, brave policemen strapping on their uniform every day and kissing their wives goodbye, not knowing what they'll face.

And how blind are you if you believe that every officer and department is honest, as a matter of fact most are not honest and they always, always protect their own, thats why there are 500 innocent unarmed people murdered in the usa each year by cops and that is only 17% of the department numbers. Most departments do not keep track or statistics of officer involved shootings.

So how do you explain the fact that a white man in a place like new orleans can literally point his weapon directly at not one, not two, but three members of the new orleans police department, and when told to drop his weapon, answer back, “no, you drop your f*cking gun,”

and still remain alive.

How do you explain the fact a white man can shoot a police officer and kill him because he thought the officer (who was executing a no-knock drug raid on his home) might be a burglar, and not face charges, but a black man who does the very same thing in the very same state is charged with multiple felonies,

how do you explain this

how do you explain the fact white folks can parade around with guns (real ones, with actual bullets, unlike the toy possessed by tamir rice or the air rifle held by john crawford) and not be shot,

how do you explain the fact even when whites threaten those officers. Even when they verbally taunt and abuse those officers outside a school. Even when they bring that weapon to a park between the white house and capitol building, and proceed to issue political threats they remain alive

how do you explain the fact that a white guy can shoot at cops with a bb gun and not be violently beaten or killed for his actions, as happened in usa year.

How do you explain the fact that white guys can shoot up a walmart in idaho and be taken into custody without injury. Or point a gun at cops in pennsylvania and not be killed or injured. Or point a gun at firefighters in phoenix and not get shot when the cops arrive.

How do you explain the fact a white woman can shoot up a neighborhood and lead cops on a car chase during which she also shoots at them, as happened last ye in usa, and still live to tell the story.

dammmn daniel.
"39.4% of the prisoners jail population in 2009 were African-American, while whites were 34.2%" - wikipedia. Why you lot making out that black people are ten times more likely to commit crime in a percentage difference of only 5% :biggrin:
Original post by Oblivion99
Yeah, I do get that "#BlackLivesMatter, partly due to White Supremacy in the US, but then again, #AllLivesMatter because we've all been under some sort of discrimination.

True, but you cannot tell a woman, who was just raped and campaigning against rape, that we've all been under some sort of discrimination. You cannot tell a Jewish person that we've all been under some sort of discrimination. On the other hand, you can tell that to a black person.

Black lives matter and all lives matter, nobody has disputed it.
Reply 285
Original post by Oblivion99
"39.4% of the prisoners jail population in 2009 were African-American, while whites were 34.2%" - wikipedia. Why you lot making out that black people are ten times more likely to commit crime in a percentage difference of only 5% :biggrin:

Blacks are roughly 13% of the population. White are roughly 70%. So proportionally blacks are 6.31 times more likely. So not quite ten times but I'm sure you'll agree a truly staggering number.
Original post by Howard
Blacks are roughly 13% of the population. White are roughly 70%. So proportionally blacks are 6.31 times more likely. So not quite ten times but I'm sure you'll agree a truly staggering number.

Nothing staggering at all.

It's the system of racism working as it should.

It's a bit like, white people don't say "We want majority white middle and upper class people going to Oxford and Cambridge"

But a system has been created to pretty much ensure that.

So yeah america has the highest rate of imprisonment in the world. For black people, it has little to do with the crime rate and everything to do with the War on Drugs.

But it's not drug dealers who are filling up the prisons, but people caught with drugs, few of them with a violent past. And in most cases we are not even talking about the hard stuff, like heroin, crack or cocaine, but marijuana weed.

While blacks and whites sell and possess drugs at about the same rate, guess who is filling up the prisons under these drug laws ? Mostly black and Latino men, particularly those from poor neighbourhoods.

Drug possession is a felony. That means you go to prison. And even after you do your time you do not get to start over clean.

For one, almost no one will hire you. Most professional licences are out of the question too. For the first five years you cannot get public housing just when you need it most. You will never again get food stamps. And on and on.

Your life is messed up forever. So what becomes of you ? We already know: within three years there is a 70% chance you will be back in prison.It's everything to do with controlling black men.

Blacks in prison are removed the labour force. And all this is explained away that Black men are sub-human and beast-like creatures with low IQ’s who (despite the goodness of Whites ) just can’t seem to do any better.

Endless stats about black crime are soaked up by people who already have pre-conceived notions about blacks
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dandaman1
No, they're a troublemaking group of rabble-rousers who routinely lie, use violence, and misrepresent facts in order to further their cause.

The police are a minimal threat to the black community when compared to the black community itself. How many unarmed black men were shot last year? A dozen? Whereas thousands were murdered by their fellow 'brothers.' Where were BLM then?

The truth is, when you account for violent crime, black Americans receive a more-or-less proportionate share if police attention, good and bad.

And let's not forget how the media reporting bias affects public perceptions too. A white person (or often any non-black person) killed or mistreated by police is a lot less likely to receive any attention whatsoever. There were a similar number of unarmed white and Hispanic Americans shot by US plice last year. How many of them were in the headlines or doing the rounds on social media? None.

It seems only black lives matter to these self-rightious hooligans.

Blacks are 4x more likely to commit violent crime and only 2.46x more likely to be shot really seems like the police are just going round killing black people.
Reply 288
Original post by PrincePaul575858

It's a bit like, white people don't say "We want majority white middle and upper class people going to Oxford and Cambridge"

So yeah america has the highest rate of imprisonment in the world. For black people, it has little to do with the crime rate and everything to do with the War on Drugs.

But it's not drug dealers who are filling up the prisons, but people caught with drugs, few of them with a violent past. And in most cases we are not even talking about the hard stuff, like heroin, crack or cocaine, but marijuana weed.

While blacks and whites sell and possess drugs at about the same rate, guess who is filling up the prisons under these drug laws ? Mostly black and Latino men, particularly those from poor neighbourhoods.

Drug possession is a felony. That means you go to prison. And even after you do your time you do not get to start over clean.

For one, almost no one will hire you. Most professional licences are out of the question too. For the first five years you cannot get public housing just when you need it most. You will never again get food stamps. And on and on.

Your life is messed up forever. So what becomes of you ? We already know: within three years there is a 70% chance you will be back in prison.It's everything to do with controlling black men.

Blacks in prison are removed the labour force. And all this is explained away that Black men are sub-human and beast-like creatures with low IQ’s who (despite the goodness of Whites ) just can’t seem to do any better.

Endless stats about black crime are soaked up by people who already have pre-conceived notions about blacks

"It's all Whitey's fault. Whitey's gone done rigged the law, and all the cops are the judges are secret klansmen. That's why so many black are in prison. Nothing to do with blacks committing more crime. It's evil Whitey's fault"

Until you blacks get over your sense of victimhood nothing will ever change.
Original post by Howard
"It's all Whitey's fault. Whitey's gone done rigged the law, and all the cops are the judges are secret klansmen. That's why so many black are in prison. Nothing to do with blacks committing more crime. It's evil Whitey's fault"

Until you blacks get over your sense of victimhood nothing will ever change.

This sense of 'victim-hood' just doesn't come out of nowhere, therefore black people will get over the sense of 'victim-hood' as soon as they stop being victims which is when they'll stop being victimised. The Domino Effect at work.
Reply 290
Original post by Goglglo2605
This sense of 'victim-hood' just doesn't come out of nowhere, therefore black people will get over the sense of 'victim-hood' as soon as they stop being victims which is when they'll stop being victimised. The Domino Effect at work.

They'll get over the sense of victimhood when they look in the mirror and admit to themselves that they are the architects of their own problems. There are 6.5 times as many blacks as whites in custody (proportionally) not because blacks are victimized, but because they are more 6.5 times more criminally active.

Cause and effect at work.
Original post by SophieBarlow87
Its not really like that... If we were saying all americans are racists because of thr coppers that would be similar to blaming all muslims for isis. But the police force are an organisation, saying the police force isnt the problem ots the individuals who shoot is like saying isis isnt a problem, it s the individuals whok bomb people.

You're comparing two groups which are not comparable. People join Isis because they are radical Muslims who want to violently spread their interpretation Islam throughout the world. Police officers in the US become police officers for a multitude of reasons, I doubt getting to shoot black people is a common reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PrincePaul575858

You're making so many assertions with no evidence

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Underscore__
You're making so many assertions with no evidence

Posted from TSR Mobile

I always say NEVER EVER take what I say to be fact. I say, go and check it out and do the research yourself and find out for yourself if what I am saying is a lie.
Original post by Underscore__
You're comparing two groups which are not comparable. People join Isis because they are radical Muslims who want to violently spread their interpretation Islam throughout the world. Police officers in the US become police officers for a multitude of reasons, I doubt getting to shoot black people is a common reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think its narrow minded to saty that there is only one reason why people join isis. But i do agree the comparison is overreaching, however my particular comment was in response to someone saying that blaming the police force is like blaming islam for isis.
I wonder when this ridiculous, pointless black vs white race war will end?
Oh MLK please come back :frown: we need you now more than ever.
Original post by StrawbAri
I wonder when this ridiculous, pointless black vs white race war will end?
Oh MLK please come back :frown: we need you now more than ever.

Not for a long time it is movements like Blm and the sjw's that keep the divide wide.
Original post by joecphillips
Not for a long time it is movements like Blm and the sjw's that keep the divide wide.

And his dream was just about to be realised as well :frown: Now everyone has gone and ****ed it up :angry:
Original post by StrawbAri
And his dream was just about to be realised as well :frown: Now everyone has gone and ****ed it up :angry:

Victimhood is big business for the regressive sho if it disappeared they would have nothing to complain about.
I have a dream
that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.
I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
I have a dream today!I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

This was the original dream. Not this horrible divisionist nonsense. We're not enemies, we're human beings

Latest

Trending

Trending