The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Squishy•
what do u mean? 28 is too old to get married? lol are u crazy?

I would love to get married at 28, but its cultural thingy, past the age of 26-27, no mother wants you for his son where they can find 20-21 year old.

Also people will automatically assume you either bad person or have bad personality, that's why not married yet.
Which university are you at and what year?
I get the falling into zina bit but you've got to compromise between that and being able to have freedom of travelling or just paying for yourself really.

Would like to say but wouldn't want any risk of my ID being discovered (not that I've said/done anything bad) haha.

And yeah but I think it is more of a priority on getting married younger because that's the advice of our Prophet (peace and prayers upon him) and it's what his companions did.

If you look at the majority of muslims nowadays, freemixing has been made halal amongst them so they could mix with the opposite gender. It should be easier to get married so that the men and women can chill with their partners rather than big parties in a shisha bar, lol. In my opinion (I could be wrong) but earlier marriages seem like a better proposal than widespread zina.
Sisters shouldn't feel obligated to finish uni and get a job before marriage. You guys have no obligation to provide for your husband and/or kids. It's us dudes that gotta earn a decent salary before approaching your parents!

Spoiler

Even in university? I was thinking about people who get married in university and never actually get to spend money just on themselves and go where ever they want with no responsibilities. What do u think about it

Yeah that would probably be a good time, since it's easy to fall into a haram relationship there.
I don't see those as bad things.
Marriage doesn't restrict you that much, it depends on the person you get married to.
Original post by Butternuts96
Sisters shouldn't feel obligated to finish uni and get a job before marriage. You guys have no obligation to provide for your husband and/or kids. It's us dudes that gotta earn a decent salary before approaching your parents!

Spoiler

Would you prefer your wife to stay at home or work?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 124
Male:Probably by 2025 but all depends on life. I'll be 25/26 then so all good. And if not then at least by 30.

I see why the females on hear are saying that they would want to get married 24-28 because it's easier to have kids as you have a professional job and you still get payed for maternity leave and it works out pretty well.
Why everyone has an age in which they would like to get married ?
I don't get it .. I mean when the time has come it comes and that's all, what if you are not even alive at the age you wanna get married ?

Of course I'm a female, and the best thing I can say about it for myself is inchAllah :h:
Original post by Anonymous
Why everyone has an age in which they would like to get married ?
I don't get it .. I mean when the time has come it comes and that's all, what if you are not even alive at the age you wanna get married ?

Of course I'm a female, and the best thing I can say about it for myself is inchAllah :h:

Anon fail .. FrenchUnicorn here I didn't wanted to be anon
Around 26-28
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

After the first child no, but before that if she wanted to I wouldn't mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by s_ahmed2
After the first child no, but before that if she wanted to I wouldn't mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree.
But I don't think a woman has to work if her husband is already doing so, unless her husband would like her to contribute or is struggling financially.
Original post by HAnwar
I agree.
But I don't think a woman has to work if her husband is already doing so, unless her husband would like her to contribute or is struggling financially.

Yep. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun
Aww you think that *cough cough* is not a secret-maybe in your reply to this you'll let everyone know what *cough cough* means eh? Lol jk x

Ayaz, you better make me!!! :wink:
Im 24 atm but id say before 30 inshallah
110 :colone:
Original post by HAnwar
I agree.

That is really sweet :smile:
Original post by Deliciously
too late. best age for a girl is 21.
Posted from TSR Mobile

InshaAllah if I was to get married at 21 I wouldn't mind but I would prefer 23
Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun
That is really sweet :smile:

:smile:
22/23
23-25 , female :smile:
Original post by HAnwar
Yeah that would probably be a good time, since it's easy to fall into a haram relationship there.
I don't see those as bad things.
Marriage doesn't restrict you that much, it depends on the person you get married to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Better to stay at home for her sake but if she's passionate to work and staying at home would upset her, then she can choose a halal job ie any job where there's zero interaction with males. What about you, dude?