The Student Room Group

The Senile Room.

The stench of antiseptics swamped the stale air. A hatchet-face clambered across the homogeneous flooring and seized my arm which was engraved in inflamed marks vaguely reading the words "Please rate ano-..". Sweet sensations of sharp needle juice pierced + elevated through and beneath my pasty skin. Serenity. Before I had the chance to wipe away my signs of sorrow or mumble what I wanted for my only supper, I was travelling through the depths of darkness. Once again.

~

It's funny. I can still hear them sometimes. You know, when I'm looking out through the fragmented windows at half past 5am and witness all those bodies dancing across the pavements not releasing their freedom, I can hear them. They tell me they have emeralds. Lots of emeralds. I try to explain to whoever is listening, I try to explain that I wanted to collect them so I too could be at liberty but nobody hears me. Nobody cares.

Then the mockery gets too much. I scream. They arrive. Ebony.

~

It was Wednesday afternoon. Everyone was either at work, at school.. or both. I however, was laying in the comfort of my cloud-like bed consuming rainbow popcorn. It's amazing how they can all squidge up into a little hidden corner of the non-biodegradable plastic and almost start to resemble the layers of sunset which can only be viewed if you're standing at exactly 90 degrees south towards the Bodrum peninsula. You see, my absence from the outside world that day was not at all due to illness, rather social interaction was simply not an ideal situation.

Who knew that what later lied ahead was supposedly the perfect solution.

~

The others told me I shouldn't go. They said that I would no longer be Jenny if I did. I never believed them. I never believed that I would one day be forced to give up my life in front of over 1.8 million people all congregated in an area of doom and destruction. Where souls of purity would only leave as charcoal matter.

Some say that it's comparable to the Bermuda triangle.

Well, maybe a little worse.

~

Large, irregular rectangles darted across all sides of the screen.

"Click me".

I blinked.

"Only thirty seconds."

Twice.

"Just click."

~

ApplesAreAmazing123. I had never been so pleased at such a creation of a password.

It all felt so perfect, so utterly perfect that I could see the stars. The constellation was indescribable. Each one directly hanging above the letter "A".

My heels felt heavy and sore. I changed paths and was now in an unknown territory.- 'Debate y actualidad asuntos'. - The sign beside it stated the non-entry of regular citizens, but I eagerly stepped in anyway. Before long, I had seemingly written 1623 characters on why perfume should not be used on farm animals. Slamming down on the enter key, joy hit me like a wave of over-excited puppies.

"PRSOM", DiddyDec and Reue cried out in unison.

...And that's when it all began.

**My entry for the TSR Short Story Competition**

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anon_98
x

Your writing style is so unique and refreshing! Love this! :biggrin:
Also, I wonder how many people will try ApplesAreAmazing123 as your password now. :rofl:
Anon <333333333333333
Reply 3
Original post by Mochassassin
Your writing style is so unique and refreshing! Love this! :biggrin:
Also, I wonder how many people will try ApplesAreAmazing123 as your password now. :rofl:

:cube: :heart: Thank you.

Oh goodness, yes. :rofl:
Reply 4
Beautiful. :biggrin:

I hope you win whatever competition this is for. :hugs:
Reply 5
I thought it was a thread complaining about the older users.
Reply 6
Original post by AJ KO
Beautiful. :biggrin:

I hope you win whatever competition this is for. :hugs:

:cube: :heart:

:jumphug:
Did you count your ~s for the word count, @Anon_98? :hmmm:
Reply 8
Original post by Josb
I thought it was a thread complaining about the older users.

You were not alone..
Also, this is probably a thinly-veiled jibe at TSR, methinks. :ninja:
Reply 10
Original post by Hydeman
Also, this is probably a thinly-veiled jibe at TSR, methinks. :ninja:

No. Why would it be.
Original post by Anon_98

No. Why would it be.

You tell me. :ninja:

Also, answer this:

Original post by Hydeman

:poke:
(edited 8 years ago)
This made me laugh :tongue:

Excellent satire. Was able to relate deeply :getmecoat:
Reply 13
Original post by Hydeman
You tell me. :ninja:

?

:yawn:

Also, answer this:

I think so. If not, then oh well bc it's most likely gone over.
Original post by Anon_98
?

:yawn:

The title of your story can be acronymised as TSR. :tongue:

I think so. If not, then oh well bc it's most likely gone over.

Not a care in the world. I wish I could be 17 again. :lol:
Reply 15
What drugs do you use, Anon?
Reply 16
Original post by Hydeman
The title of your story can be acronymised as TSR. :tongue:

Well yes, I obviously know that. Doesn't mean that I was discreetly yet intentionally insulting the site or everyone on it though. It's supposed to primarily correspond to the setting of the story. Meh.

Original post by Hydeman

Not a care in the world. I wish I could be 17 again. :lol:

I care. Worrying isn't going to change anything.
Reply 17
Original post by Josb
What drugs do you use, Anon?

All of them.
Reply 18
Original post by IFoundWonderland
X

:hugs: <3
Original post by Anon_98
Well yes, I obviously know that. Doesn't mean that I was discreetly yet intentionally insulting the site or everyone on it though. It's supposed to primarily correspond to the setting of the story. Meh.

Yeah, but like a Literature student, I'm determined to read things into it that the author never intended. :wink:

I care. Worrying isn't going to change anything.

You seem not to be in the best mood. Here, have a hug: :jumphug:

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending