The Student Room Group

What type of people shop in aldi and lidl

Never been to one of these so im curious?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Same as Tesco really.
Normal people.
Normal and I'll recommend to try Lidl's sushi,It tastes soo good, better then Tescos:smile:
Reply 5
Years ago it used to be seen as a place where scroungers go, but lately I think everyone does. Pasta sauce for 19p? can't go wrong!
A poor man's Tesco
Reply 7
people like me who OBVIOUSLY know what they're doing :tongue:
Reply 8
OAPs students, immigrants, working people and families. I notice that there are mid range cars in Aldi's and Lidl's car park. The stock is no nonsense but quality compares well with Tesco.
a lot of wealthy people think waitrose...yep the very same i've see outside my local lidl (10 miles away) range rovers, aston martins, bentleys, a ferrari 458 italia and a '65 plate mclaren 650s before
Definitely working people and families^.
My mum shops at Lidl often for basic ingredients and stuff - you really can't go wrong with it!
I usually stock up on snacks when I'm home to take to uni cus we don't have one there.
Also, we've found that their freshly baked goods are absolutely lush! Good quality and insanely cheap.

Spoiler

they're German companys ; so theyre pretty reliable when it comes to quality. And for considerable better value than the other supermarkets whats not to love :smile:
Original post by muslimstanisyed
Never been to one of these so im curious?

Mostly polish people and students
Smart people - who knows how to handle the money :yep:
Idk about UK but in France going to Aldi and Liddl is as normal as going to all the other supermarkets .. So yeah, normal people !
Lidl's bakery section is heaven
The doughnuts are amazing.
They're the only reason I go there :biggrin:
Plus Lidl is value for money
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Idk about UK but in France going to Aldi and Liddl is as normal as going to all the other supermarkets .. So yeah, normal people !

Exactly,where im from it isnt seen as 'lesser' at all.
I hear they all have 3 eyes and roll around on an advanced wheel type robotic limb.
It is seen as lesser in the UK; but that doesn't mean people are considered differently, so I wouldn't worry. it's generally synonymous with value for money.
Original post by lolakirk
Exactly,where im from it isnt seen as 'lesser' at all.

Same here ! People just go to the nearest store they find lol

Quick Reply

Latest