The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the_queen
you need just an accredited degree?!

Let me guess; if it isn't Oxbridge it isn't worth it, right?
Original post by BristolFresher15
Let me guess; if it isn't Oxbridge it isn't worth it, right?

PRSOM, and frustrating because I don't remember when I repped you .. :eek3: :lol:
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
PRSOM, and frustrating because I don't remember when I repped you .. :eek3: :lol:

Me either :tongue:
you need just an accredited degree?!

Yes....why what else are you looking for?
Original post by ApplesTrees
Yes....why what else are you looking for?

to be a good doctor, imo....
Medical schools in Eastern Europe-too expensive for what you get in return!

Charles University is in the world's top 1.5% of universities. Yes, it is clearly crap.

Face slap!

Lets ignore your incorrect assertion that all Eastern Medical schools aren't worth their fees. Being a good doctor is largely dependent on post-graduate study. So residency and Foundation Year matching, rather than Medical School. And it takes a lot more to be a good doctor.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if you were a medic since you seem to be in the dark and misinformed when it comes to all this stuff.

So Dr Bohdan Pomahac from Czech Republic is an inferior doctor to those trained in West Europe or USA.

Considering he mastered face transplantation prior to any American or British doctor is irrelevant is it?
Original post by Cooliomed
So Dr Bohdan Pomahac from Czech Republic is an inferior doctor to those trained in West Europe or USA.

Considering he mastered face transplantation prior to any American or British doctor is irrelevant is it?

That was a good shout!

I reckon this person is not even applying to medicine (forget being capable to do so) as you can tell from his/her attitude.
I am considering Pleven as a back up...wonder if they allow deferred entry? I would like to apply this year (I know it is slightly late now) and "supposedly" enter Pleven in 2017....but I won't because I am just using that as a back up for Czech unis.
I am considering Pleven as a back up...wonder if they allow deferred entry? I would like to apply this year (I know it is slightly late now) and "supposedly" enter Pleven in 2017....but I won't because I am just using that as a back up for Czech unis.

Pleven is a February enrolment so is the ideal back up. Not late at all. I got an offer and then may accept if Czech doesn't come off. Making the applicaton costs £0 so nothing to lose!
Original post by Cooliomed
Pleven is a February enrolment so is the ideal back up. Not late at all. I got an offer and then may accept if Czech doesn't come off. Making the applicaton costs £0 so nothing to lose!

Yeah sounds like a good plan...I am going to apply through Medical Doorway now!
Hi guys, do you know whether the masaryk exams are as difficult or similar to the first faculty exams?

Appreciate your help
Original post by Hadigy
Hi guys, do you know whether the masaryk exams are as difficult or similar to the first faculty exams?

Appreciate your help

Masaryk require you to have 60% to pass for General Medicine and 65% for Dentistry. Charles First Faculty require about 80% for General Medicine.

So I am sure Charles Faculty is slightly easier based on the percentage pass, don't take my word for it. But I would recommend to prepare for the worst because they will interview you and see how confidant you are; if you are just satisfactory you really would be on the borderline for gaining an entry.

Best of luck!
Masaryk require you to have 60% to pass for General Medicine and 65% for Dentistry. Charles First Faculty require about 80% for General Medicine.

So I am sure Charles Faculty is slightly easier based on the percentage pass, don't take my word for it. But I would recommend to prepare for the worst because they will interview you and see how confidant you are; if you are just satisfactory you really would be on the borderline for gaining an entry.

Best of luck!

Thanks a lot!
Anyone know the differences between the three faculties in Charles? I applied to First, but is the main difference the ethnic variety in each?
Original post by BristolFresher15
Anyone know the differences between the three faculties in Charles? I applied to First, but is the main difference the ethnic variety in each?

I was wondering that too...but apparently it's like Cambridge or Oxford where they have various colleges, though they are exactly the same in terms of providing you with the academics. I know for a fact that the first faculty was the first "faculty" to be established for medicine. Then later there were more buildings, i.e. 2nd Faculty, 3rd Faculty, etc.
I was wondering that too...but apparently it's like Cambridge or Oxford where they have various colleges, though they are exactly the same in terms of providing you with the academics. I know for a fact that the first faculty was the first "faculty" to be established for medicine. Then later there were more buildings, i.e. 2nd Faculty, 3rd Faculty, etc.

Fair enough, thanks!
Reply 98
If you apply to unis in europe, don't you have to learn the language of that country or you get kicked off the course?
Original post by Ramighanem98
If you apply to unis in europe, don't you have to learn the language of that country or you get kicked off the course?

Yes, you'll have to learn it in the first couple years so that you're ready to talk to local patients in the clinical years.

Latest

Trending

Trending