The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

This is going to make clear just how neurotic I am, but we received interview invites at 15:20 on a Sunday, so I'm expecting that the 2nd round invites will be sent this afternoon/early evening. Until then, I will be checking this thread and my email... Often!
I've heard nothing from 7BR too and like you say expect it to be around 3.30 this afternoon as were the last ones!
Original post by Barelylegalz
I've heard nothing from 7BR too and like you say expect it to be around 3.30 this afternoon as were the last ones!

The wait is driving me crazy! I guess it will be next week now?!
Reply 863
Original post by pupilpleaser
The wait is driving me crazy! I guess it will be next week now?!

Interviews are next weekend. I def won't be back for final round. Wasn't 100% tight in the first one. Enjoyable though
Original post by Tiny92
Interviews are next weekend. I def won't be back for final round. Wasn't 100% tight in the first one. Enjoyable though

You never know hey! Yes it seems strange that there is no news when he second round is so soon!
Curious how many others here are going for a Gray's Inn residential scholarship? Has anyone seen figures for average number of people vying for it in past years?
Original post by Zandstitution
Curious how many others here are going for a Gray's Inn residential scholarship? Has anyone seen figures for average number of people vying for it in past years?

No idea, fwiw I'm not, although I am waiting to hear back about an ordinary scholarship.
Reply 867
Original post by Zandstitution

considering only ordinary scholarship winners are even considered that means only around 40 potential candidates for 4 spots. i'd guess personally that most people applied so around 35 i'd say
Original post by gcafc
considering only ordinary scholarship winners are even considered that means only around 40 potential candidates for 4 spots. i'd guess personally that most people applied so around 35 i'd say

I wouldn't think most people applied - I didn't and it appears someone else on this thread didn't either, if that's anything to go by. Just a tip, I've spoken to someone who has a residential scholarship and he said it's good to show your commitment to Gray's, so I'd be sure to know a little something about the Inn and show that you'd actively contribute to life at the Inn. Good luck!
Original post by gcafc

I'm not so sure about there being that many—those aiming to do BPTC outside of London (presumably) wouldn't intend to live here.
Reply 870
Haven't applied for residential scholarship either. Anyone else enter the Lee or Bellof competitions and have any news on when we might find out?
I think there is a dedicated scholarship thread now...
Still nothing from 7BR?
Original post by Pupillagebound
Still nothing from 7BR?

Nothing.... Unless none of us on the forum have been successful it seems they might still be waiting to send out the invites/rejects. Frustrating! Half thinking of calling them?
Original post by Bob boblaw
I think there is a dedicated scholarship thread now...

To my knowledge there's no dedicated 2016 BPTC scholarship results thread, although there's a GDL thread and a thread for next year's BPTC scholarships.
Reply 875
Nothing.... Unless none of us on the forum have been successful it seems they might still be waiting to send out the invites/rejects. Frustrating! Half thinking of calling them?

Got my 7br invite an hour ago.

Joking!!! But that's what I keep thinking someone will say everytime I get an email from TSR. Still nothing. Nail biting stuff haha
Original post by Tiny92
Got my 7br invite an hour ago.

Joking!!! But that's what I keep thinking someone will say everytime I get an email from TSR. Still nothing. Nail biting stuff haha

That was cruel!!! Hahaha oh man, good to know we're all in the same boat.
Original post by wannabeebar
That was cruel!!! Hahaha oh man, good to know we're all in the same boat.

Ha ha ... Very cruel!! I literally nearly fell off my chair.... Yes I am taking solace in our fellow suffering!
Reply 878
Ha ha ... Very cruel!! I literally nearly fell off my chair.... Yes I am taking solace in our fellow suffering!

Haha sorry!!!
Has anyone heard from Lincoln's Inn about BPTC scholarships?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending