The Student Room Group

c12 2015 jan q5

part b)
i found the values from 1-100 which are 14 numbers divisible by seven then multipied the answer by 5 to find n and use in the equation.. i got 70 but the n in the markscheme was 71, why is it wrong 😢
Reply 1
Original post by pondsteps
part b)
i found the values from 1-100 which are 14 numbers divisible by seven then multipied the answer by 5 to find n and use in the equation.. i got 70 but the n in the markscheme was 71, why is it wrong 😢

You're missing a number somewhere but I can't quite tell what's wrong with your approach. The way to do it is to note that 497 is divisible by 7 so there are 497/7 = 71 multiples of 7 between 1 and 500.
Original post by Zacken
You're missing a number somewhere but I can't quite tell what's wrong with your approach. The way to do it is to note that 497 is divisible by 7 so there are 497/7 = 71 multiples of 7 between 1 and 500.

ohhh alright..
but if u do it using my way is zero considered as a multiple?? cos no numbers are missing :/
Reply 3
ohhh alright..
but if u do it using my way is zero considered as a multiple?? cos no numbers are missing :/

Nopes, 0 doesn't count because it says between 1 and 500. I can see the fault with your method though, the latest multiple of 7 in your list from 1-100 is 98 but 98 * 5= 490, so you're missing the 497 term.
Original post by Zacken
Nopes, 0 doesn't count because it says between 1 and 500. I can see the fault with your method though, the latest multiple of 7 in your list from 1-100 is 98 but 98 * 5= 490, so you're missing the 497 term.

ohh okayyy.. thanks a lot
Reply 5
ohh okayyy.. thanks a lot

No worries.

Quick Reply

Latest