The Student Room Group

More than half of British Muslims say homosexuality should be outlawed

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OGGUS
No one said love the gay... Make sure the gay suppresses the feelings so that they can enter paradise. Not my problem if you wanna be gay. Cuz that your ****.

Enter paradise? And what if you only have one life? Whatever you believe, it is limited to a belief and a belief only. This may be the only life we get. As such, people should be happy and not persued because of intolerance - what is it to you if I love men? Nothing, get on with your own life. Also, "If you wanna be gay" - what are you talking about? It isn't a choice I, nor anyone else, makes.
Reply 21
As blacks in America are prone to say when gays try to point out that they are both oppressed groups - "don't you dare compare my skin with your sin"

It's interesting to see the gays now being attacked by blacks and muslims (who hate them more than any other group) - the very people they have rushed to defend over the years. It's like the old story of the scorpion and the frog. The same libtarded gays that welcomed third world immigration into the UK will probably end up being lynched by them.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
I thought the acceptance of the intolerant was nearly heresy in the eyes of the gay lobby?

If they preach acceptance, why ban UKIP from supporting homosexuals at gay pride?

Why do they continue to label opponents of gay marriage as bigots or homophobes when it is simply an opinion?

Doesn't sound like acceptance to me.

Apparently, the UKIP group "barged" into the march. Besides, that decision was heavily criticised by other LGBT groups.

It's not 'simply an opinion' if you're opposing people's right based purely on factors beyond their control. That's like banning women from driving simply because they're women - something they didn't choose.
Original post by Good bloke
You obviously have not rear Trevor Phillips' article in today's Sunday Times magazine. He is rather less optimistic.

And that means anything because? It's just an opinion.
Original post by ivybridge
Enter paradise? And what if you only have one life? Whatever you believe, it is limited to a belief and a belief only. This may be the only life we get. As such, people should be happy and not persued because of intolerance - what is it to you if I love men? Nothing, get on with your own life. Also, "If you wanna be gay" - what are you talking about? It isn't a choice I, nor anyone else, makes.

Why am I not surprised to find you on this thread? We always seem to end up on the same ones, repeating the same arguments, over and over.
I said relatively large because it is large? It's thousands and as time goes on, that number will increase.

Good? You shouldn't criticise and discriminate on the grounds of religious belief - you are entitled to have it as long as it is kept to you and doesn't harm others.

It will never happen and that's why. People forget that it was illegal to be gay here in recent history. We were just as bad earlier on. We changed. So can they. Progress is to be encouraged, not shunned because you feel like throwing a strop about another's beliefs.

As more Muslims enter the UK or are converted the number will diminish.

No, it isn't good. If someone was to punch a hetero Christian and a Muslim, they would get a harsher sentence for hitting the Muslim. It's absurd. Same crime, same punishment. But as Muslims are a minority, it would be classed as a hate crime.

'All progress is good' is a myth, I'm afraid. Did we execute people for being gay? Maybe a few hundred years ago, but which is the only religion which executes homosexuals in this day and age?
Original post by Howard
As blacks in America are prone to say when gays try to point out that they are both oppressed groups - "don't you dare compare my skin with your sin"

It's interesting to see the gays being attacked by blacks and muslims (who hate them more than any other group) - the very people they have rushed to defend over the years. It's like the old story of the scorpion and the frog.

This is why attitudes need to be challenged and changed. They are the same.
Reply 27

It is not limited to a belief it has been proven again and again. You just don't see it.
Original post by OGGUS
It is not limited to a belief it has been proven again and again. You just don't see it.

The existence of Heaven has never been proven. If it had, church attendance wouldn't be in freefall.

Dont bother with this paradise thing. Paradise is a shithole if it discriminates people based on sexual preferences.
Original post by Mactotaur
Apparently, the UKIP group "barged" into the march. Besides, that decision was heavily criticised by other LGBT groups.

It's not 'simply an opinion' if you're opposing people's right based purely on factors beyond their control. That's like banning women from driving simply because they're women - something they didn't choose.

Didn't stop other LGBT communities or liberal students from continuing to slander UKIP. Seems to me the intolerance has switched.

Shoddy example. Marriage is for the creation of children, it's not a badge of honour. It should be privileged.
Reply 31
This is why attitudes need to be challenged and changed. They are the same.

Good luck. I can tell you that here in America the average bible believing Baptist negroid has less time for homosexuals than the Klan. And that's really saying something.
Original post by HucktheForde
Dont bother with this paradise thing. Paradise is a shithole if it discriminates people based on sexual preferences.

Funny story actually, I wrote a story about this - Heaven as a totalitarian discriminatory place, and Hell as a prison for the worst offenders. It's not clear which one is worse.
And that means anything because? It's just an opinion.

Read the article. For someone from the equalities establishment to say that full integration is not happening, is not likely to happen, should happen, and that we must take strong steps to attempt to change that, is fairly momentous.
Didn't stop other LGBT communities or liberal students from continuing to slander UKIP. Seems to me the intolerance has switched.

Shoddy example. Marriage is for the creation of children, it's not a badge of honour. It should be privileged.

Marriage isn't for the creation of children. That's what sex is. Marriage is a union, an official way of saying 'we're together'. It's not religious, and it's certainly not about children.
That's because we understand what it's like to be treated like total trash. Two wrongs don't make a right.

This isn't a valid argument because Muslims aren't treated badly at all in this country or anywhere else in Western Europe. In fact they're completely mollycoddled and all criticism of their dogma and culture is viscously suppressed.

Even if that wasn't the case and they were treated badly, that's like saying that Neo Nazis should be welcomed by Jews because most of society ostracises Neo Nazis and Jews know what that's like. It's stupid.
As more Muslims enter the UK or are converted the number will diminish.

No, it isn't good. If someone was to punch a hetero Christian and a Muslim, they would get a harsher sentence for hitting the Muslim. It's absurd. Same crime, same punishment. But as Muslims are a minority, it would be classed as a hate crime.

'All progress is good' is a myth, I'm afraid. Did we execute people for being gay? Maybe a few hundred years ago, but which is the only religion which executes homosexuals in this day and age?

You really just are so ignorant.. Read up on. LGTGB history before you attempt to debate this topic. And it really isn't a myth - look at history, again.

These are your opinions and yours only - I profoundly disagree but I am leaving the debate here; it isn't worth having. Everything has been said a thousand times over by various people and honestly, your stubborn intolerance makes you just as bad as those you condemn.
This is hardly shocking is it? It's part of their religion to not accept homosexuality. However just because their religion says it's unacceptable to be gay that is not excusable to treat them differently from anyone else.

It's quite funny how religious people are always trying to act as if homosexuality is the only sin. What about the other sins such as sex before marriage or infidelity?
Reply 38
Original post by Mactotaur
The existence of Heaven has never been proven. If it had, church attendance wouldn't be in freefall.

The Bible had been changed and misinterpreted. It pretty much says it in the Qu'ran. But some people never think about that do they. And Jesus is mentioned too.. So do some research on Issa and Aramic and maybe on Musa and Hebrew and you'll see the similarities to Arabic in the writing.
Reply 39
Original post by loveleest
This is hardly shocking is it? It's part of their religion to not accept homosexuality. However just because their religion says it's unacceptable to be gay that is not excusable to treat them differently from anyone else.

It's quite funny how religious people are always trying to act as if homosexuality is the only sin. What about the other sins such as sex before marriage or infidelity?

I agree with in a way

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending