The Student Room Group

More than half of British Muslims say homosexuality should be outlawed

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheIr0nDuke
Well if you didn't know, women and men are very different. Mothers tend to help emotionally, while the father helps financially or with schoolwork, physical activities etc.

We all take attributes from our parents, and women and men have very different characteristics.

Lol, oh my God the level of chauvinism is unreal.
Original post by ivybridge
Lol, oh my God the level of chauvinism is unreal.

Le red pill?
No, I myself don't think gay marriage should be a thing.

I don't hate conservativism. You're probably some 15 year old who watched Daily Politics once and thought, "I know what I can do to sound so cool and intelligent - be interested in politics as a kid, yaaaaaaay"

Lmfao. Go away pal.

20 year old politics student actually, but hey ho. More ad hominem. Just shows you're floundering.
20 year old politics student actually, but hey ho. More ad hominem. Just shows you're floundering.

Learn

The

Definition

Of

Ad

****ing

Hominem.
Reply 64
Calling you ignorant is not ad hominem.

I've noticed that this is pretty much the extent of your debating abilities; name-calling. People that disagree with you are deemed to be racist, homophobes, or just plain ignorant.

Unless you are willing to go beyond this why don't you go find another thread where you can safely discuss hairdressing and gay relationships or something?
Original post by Mactotaur
That's a little bit stereotypical, don't you think? These days women can be the main breadwinners of a family, and men do actually have emotions. You do know that, right?

Men tend to earn more, so I was speaking generally. Having emotions is different to supporting someone emotionally. Mothers are much better at that.
Learn

The

Definition

Of

Ad

****ing

Hominem.

He's not wrong (on this one specific thing): don't make attacks on someone based on their characteristics, it's not sporting.
Original post by muslimstanisyed
Its not just us.
A lot of people hold these views but are too scared to say it.
Difference is we aint

If you're so unafraid of saying it, would you say it in a job interview with a FTSE 100 company?
Learn

The

Definition

Of

Ad

****ing

Hominem.

WAAH YOURE A 15 YEAR OLD BOY BECAUSE MY ARGUMENT IS SHODDY AND I CANT COUNTER ANYTHING

Thats a personal attack. Which is what an ad hominem is. Read a book.
Men tend to earn more, so I was speaking generally. Having emotions is different to supporting someone emotionally. Mothers are much better at that.

Got a study for that? Also, is that social or biological?
Original post by Howard
I've noticed that this is pretty much the extent of your debating abilities; name-calling. People that disagree with you are deemed to be racist, homophobes, or just plain ignorant.

Unless you are willing to go beyond this why don't you go find another thread where you can safely discuss hairdressing and gay relationships or something?

You literally called me a big bender the other day as an insult and now you are calling me effeminate. Hypocrisy at its finest. You do realise those aren't insults? Grow up.
>personal attack
>calling someone ignorant

Your ignorance is triggering me

I wouldn't condemn it, everyone needs to be ready and secure financially.

http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2013/07/10474/

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2500537

Children adopted by gay parents are much more likely to experience emotional or physical abuse. Plus they need two role models of both sexes.

Most people do treat marriage as a situation where children can be raised in a safe and secure environment. Those who do marry, which has been declining for some time.

I am sorry but what you said was bloody ridiculous. Children adopted by gays are not prone to more physical and emotional abuse than ones that are not adopted by gays.

"role model of two sexes" I was and many other people were supported by one sex parent- so what about that?
If you want to be against gay adoption, fine.But please think about adequate explanations.
(edited 8 years ago)
You literally called me a big bender the other day as an insult and now you are calling me effeminate. Hypocrisy at its finest. You do realise those aren't insults? Grow up.

sigh

Technically, it is an insult; if it's meant offensively anything can be an insult.
Got a study for that? Also, is that social or biological?

For which part? The earning, or emotional supporting?

Biological. Although I suppose it's been a social structure as well, stemming from the biological.
He's not wrong (on this one specific thing): don't make attacks on someone based on their characteristics, it's not sporting.

You can't read either? Damn.

WAAH YOURE A 15 YEAR OLD BOY BECAUSE MY ARGUMENT IS SHODDY AND I CANT COUNTER ANYTHING

Thats a personal attack. Which is what an ad hominem is. Read a book.

Except I didn't say that.

I have probably read more books than you, sit down.
Original post by loveleest
I am sorry but what you said was bloody ridiculous. Children adopted by gays are not prone to more physical and emotional abuse than ones that are not adopted by gays.

Did you even read what I linked? Or did you just ignore it? Shouldn't be suprised that liberals don't like facts.
Reply 76

Father comes home, sits in his armchair, reads the paper, and smokes his pipe. Later he helps Jimmy with his homework and gives him a good talking to about the dangers of communism. Meanwhile mother is in the kitchen preparing a healthy casserole.

It's like "Leave it to Beaver"
You can't read either? Damn.

Except I didn't say that.

I have probably read more books than you, sit down.

"You're probably some 15 year old who watched Daily Politics once and thought, "I know what I can do to sound so cool and intelligent - be interested in politics as a kid, yaaaaaaay"

Lmfao. Go away pal."

That's what you did say. I simply embellished it. That's ad hominem. No reasoned debate at all.

I doubt it, pleb. See? That was also an ad hominem. If you're not going to debate just stop replying.

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2500537

Children adopted by gay parents are much more likely to experience emotional or physical abuse. Plus they need two role models of both sexes.

It doesn't say abuse, it says emotional distress. There's a difference, and correlation doesn't equal causation.
You can't read either?

Really? You're going to attack one of the few people actually supporting you? Good idea.

"You're probably some 15 year old"

That's an attack against someone's character. A mild one, yes, but an attack all the same.

Stick to the facts. It's better.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending