The Student Room Group

~Gingerbread's road to Law~

Scroll to see replies

That wall is absolutely amazing! I can never get sticky notes to actually adhere to my wall :puppyeyes: how do you do it?!
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
That wall is absolutely amazing! I can never get sticky notes to actually adhere to my wall :puppyeyes: how do you do it?!

Ooooh I should have done a post about this, there's actually a technique to it!!

How to make post it notes not curl up and die:

The type of post it note: Make sure you buy branded post it notes, rather than supermarkets own. You can also get super sticky versions of post it notes which are useful if you get the bigger ones because they're heavier

Pulling off the post it note: Don't pull from the bottom!! Pull from one side at a very low angle, so that it comes off completely flat rather than curling up on itself. Here's a visual example:

20160410_180227.jpg

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Congrats on all the offers! Just curious as to why you picked Durham over UCL? Especially for Law?
Original post by Breakingbank
Congrats on all the offers! Just curious as to why you picked Durham over UCL? Especially for Law?

Durham actually ranks higher than UCL on the league tables for Law - it's just that UCL is more well known internationally. Also, I thought the cost of the accommodation at UCL was insane considering it's quality (that being the way with London), especially when compared to how lovely Durham was :h:
Original post by Gingerbread101
I mainly did the War in the Air for WW1, but I have a reasonably good general knowledge and awareness of the propaganda too :yes:

Sorry for the late reply...I was eating (I'm always eating :getmecoat:) Hmm, would you say that Government Propaganda was successful? I know it's broad, but a sentence or two would be perfect :redface:
Ooooh I should have done a post about this, there's actually a technique to it!!

How to make post it notes not curl up and die:

The type of post it note: Make sure you buy branded post it notes, rather than supermarkets own. You can also get super sticky versions of post it notes which are useful if you get the bigger ones because they're heavier

Pulling off the post it note: Don't pull from the bottom!! Pull from one side at a very low angle, so that it comes off completely flat rather than curling up on itself. Here's a visual example:

20160410_180227.jpg

Spoiler

Oh that actually makes sense, those are really good tips and I'll have to utilise them to make my own sticky note wall! It won't be nearly as good as yours though. :ashamed2:

Also, do you use any system of organisation for your poems? Like genre/themes/periods (e.g. romanticism). I should probably categorise mine into poetic periods to hit those contextual marks. :sadnod:

Spoiler

The Infamous Post It Note Wall
20160410_172241.jpg

Your wall is 100 times neater than mine; I have a couple hundred equations in an irregular "grid". :lol:
Oh that actually makes sense, those are really good tips and I'll have to utilise them to make my own sticky note wall! It won't be nearly as good as yours though. :ashamed2:

Also, do you use any system of organisation for your poems? Like genre/themes/periods (e.g. romanticism). I should probably categorise mine into poetic periods to hit those contextual marks. :sadnod:

Spoiler

I'm sure it'll be great :biggrin:

In my folder, I put a post it note tab on to colour code them all by poetry, prose and drama, and write the name of it on the tab. I also have them all in chronological order of when they were written, and grouped under different genres (eg metaphysical, sonnets etc). On my flash cards I'm also planning on putting little colour coded stickers on them to group them by theme
Original post by ombtom

Your wall is 100 times neater than mine; I have a couple hundred equations in an irregular "grid". :lol:
a couple hundred :lolwut: :lol: I think post it notes look awesome in any arrangement :tongue:
Original post by homeland.lsw
Sorry for the late reply...I was eating (I'm always eating :getmecoat:) Hmm, would you say that Government Propaganda was successful? I know it's broad, but a sentence or two would be perfect :redface:

That is broad :lol:

I'd say overall yes, perhaps not as much as it was in WW2, but it had the desired effect on the British people. As it was their first involvement in total war, civilians were inspired and susceptible to propaganda, particularly through the use of the newly invented cinema :smile:
That is broad :lol:

I'd say overall yes, perhaps not as much as it was in WW2, but it had the desired effect on the British people. As it was their first involvement in total war, civilians were inspired and susceptible to propaganda, particularly through the use of the newly invented cinema :smile:

:yy: Thanks!!!
It put me in the right direction...thanks thanks and again thanks!!!!
Original post by homeland.lsw
:yy: Thanks!!!
It put me in the right direction...thanks thanks and again thanks!!!!

That' alright! :awesome:
I'm sure it'll be great :biggrin:

In my folder, I put a post it note tab on to colour code them all by poetry, prose and drama, and write the name of it on the tab. I also have them all in chronological order of when they were written, and grouped under different genres (eg metaphysical, sonnets etc). On my flash cards I'm also planning on putting little colour coded stickers on them to group them by theme

a couple hundred :lolwut: :lol: I think post it notes look awesome in any arrangement :tongue:

You have such good organisation methods (I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this a lot) that one can only dream of. :moon: Out of interest do you only do full plays? Because I have a few extracts which I just use without reading the whole thing, even though I have a full grasp of what it is actually about. I did this in AS with books as well, I would only know a chapter or two but still use them. :colondollar: Don't know if this is an okay thing to do, I mean in practice it works...
You have such good organisation methods (I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this a lot) that one can only dream of. :moon: Out of interest do you only do full plays? Because I have a few extracts which I just use without reading the whole thing, even though I have a full grasp of what it is actually about. I did this in AS with books as well, I would only know a chapter or two but still use them. :colondollar: Don't know if this is an okay thing to do, I mean in practice it works...

I do that with a lot of them, it's impractical to get hold of and read that many things :colondollar:

I do that with a lot of them, it's impractical to get hold of and read that many things :colondollar:

Phew, I was worried because I thought everyone was reading so many full plays! But then again, I can't possibly read 6+ full plays and juggle poetry, prose plus other subjects! I suppose the exam is asking for understanding with texts and this is still showing it. Also, books are very expensive. :colonhash:
Phew, I was worried because I thought everyone was reading so many full plays! But then again, I can't possibly read 6+ full plays and juggle poetry, prose plus other subjects! I suppose the exam is asking for understanding with texts and this is still showing it. Also, books are very expensive. :colonhash:

Exactly :yes: plus you're still remembering the quotes, it's not like it's easy even with this way! :tongue:
Exactly :yes: plus you're still remembering the quotes, it's not like it's easy even with this way! :tongue:

And there is the reading of the exam extracts to contend with! In my mock I got so nervous I didn't even read the extract for the first 15 minutes because I was too scared of reading it wrong. :lol:

Spoiler

WHAAAAAAT. You'll make my university applications, for law, look like an cover letter for mcdonalds.
I remember them from last year :rofl:
And there is the reading of the exam extracts to contend with! In my mock I got so nervous I didn't even read the extract for the first 15 minutes because I was too scared of reading it wrong. :lol:

Spoiler

Oh wellll, I'm sure your analysis was still valid :yes: :lol:
Original post by Oblivion99
WHAAAAAAT. You'll make my university applications, for law, look like an cover letter for mcdonalds.

There's easy ways to improve your application and add to your experience, I haven't done anything incredibly extreme - I only had 1 day's worth of work experience! :redface: I made a post on here about what I put on my personal statement and things I'd recommend, I'll find it :yes:
Original post by Black Rose
I remember them from last year :rofl:

They're back again :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending