The Student Room Group

Any non religious Muslims around?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boss_Rhythm
YAY! You knew!!! :dance:

Course I did, didn't want you married at a young age and have a baby Boss at 14.
Original post by Rhythmical
Course I did, didn't want you married at a young age and have a baby Boss at 14.

Well, I'm gonna have at least 3 baby Boss's..... So might as well start early.....
Original post by hxmx
I grew up in a very cultural, non religious house and trust me, no one told me to pray. It was only when I was doing my GCSE'S that I started doing just a little bit of Zikr to deal with the stress and I felt so much better. Then I gradually progressed to maybe one prayer and then another. Believe me when I say it;s not easy. Especially if you have no one to guide you. It's taken me about four years to get into a proper routine to pray 5 times a day and I still struggle some days.
Don't feel like anyone is judging you. You don't have to pray and immediately become a good Muslim. I know plenty of Muslims who pray relgiously but their attitude is horrible.
All I would advise you to do is maybe think about what it means to a Muslim and how blessed you are to be born as one. Feel proud and try and reconnect with your religion, even if it's baby steps and takes a while. I hope you find peace in Islam, just as I did. :smile: Peace :smile: x

Aw thank you, I'm glad you found peace and became a great Muslim. It is my plan within the next month to do the same, slowly and not forcefully to get myself up to where I should be. Thank you :smile:
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Well, I'm gonna have at least 3 baby Boss's..... So might as well start early.....

One baby Boss, one baby Rhythm and one baby Boss-Rhythm.
One baby Boss, one baby Rhythm and one baby Boss-Rhythm.

Erm, I changed my mind... I'll have four. What will be the fourth?
Original post by AJ KO
I do not appreciate you.

Its banter b simmer
I grew up in muslim family but as I got older religion just didn't make sense to me.
I see myself as an atheist now. However not many people know, as I can't tell them because of all the prejudice that I would get.
Reply 347
Aw thank you, I'm glad you found peace and became a great Muslim. It is my plan within the next month to do the same, slowly and not forcefully to get myself up to where I should be. Thank you :smile:

You're welcome :smile: That's the best approach. If you try and suddenly start praying all 5 prayers and reading Quran and everything else, you'll just overwhelm yourself and it will feel like a burden. Just take your time and enjoy yourself whenever you do Zikr etc, and I hope you're successfull in your goal to become a great Muslim! :biggrin:
Reply 348
Original post by animaria
Its banter b simmer

Do you speak English? :curious:
Original post by AJ KO
Do you speak English? :curious:

Lool that is english u freak
Reply 350
Lool that is english u freak

I do not think that "b" or "simmer" are words in the (or, indeed, any) English dictionary.
Original post by AJ KO
I do not think that "b" or "simmer" are words in the (or, indeed, any) English dictionary.

Ok how about u take ur intelligent mindset elsewhere, perhaps in ur revision books??
Reply 352
Ok how about u take ur intelligent mindset elsewhere

This is what TSR has become. :sigh:
Original post by Deliciously
They are of course different versions of Islam. Sunni, Shia, Sufi, Ahmadiyya etc. However Sunni Islam ( the sect I belong to ) is so intolerant and vile in so many ways. i have done my research about the other sects. I researched about Sufi and Ahamdiyya. Ahmadiyya is definiety the best one, however when I learned about Sikhism, I just fell in love with the religion. I just wanna convert.

A lot of people don't realise that you're either a Muslim or you're not. In terms of all these sects, there is no such thing, it's just what people have created, dividing the Ummah - something that's strongly forbidden in Islam. Also, the term 'Sunni' is actually derived from the term 'Sunnah.' Therefore, Sunni means someone who believes in the Sunnah (which automatically is every Muslim). Another problem is that people act more on their cultural beliefs than religious beliefs. So culture of many 'Sunni' Muslims is messed up to be quite honest. But if you want to leave then the decision is all yours, after all we all have a free mind and free will.
Reply 354
Nah fyi muhammaed pbuh was killing people during war not just like that. He was fighting for the muslim majority.
There is nothing in the Quran or sunnah that indicates that the instructions to kill apostates or stone adulterers can only be carried out during war. You're just making that up.
And you admit that he was fighting to achieve Islamic superiority over other religions (many Muslims claim that never happened).

Like i said ur a kuffar u dont know anythinf,
Au contraire, it has been repeatedly demonstrated that I know more about Islam than many of the txt spkg gngsta wanabe Muslims on here (current company excepted, naturally).

ur just mad coz ur view on islam stems originally from extremists which is stupid.
My view on Islam is taken from reading the Quran, hadith, tafsir and Islamic histories (you should try it) - oh, and talking to people like you.

U would be too scared to say this to the real people who think like this
What are you saying?! That IRL, I would face violence from Muslims if I criticised Islam to their face? You can't be right. Islam is the Religion of Peace. Muhammad taught you to treat everyone kindly, even if they mock you.

so please shut up and save the crap for somewhere else when ur worshipping ganesh is balls at night. Thanks. Bye.@muzi123 Look at this
I think you have confused me with someone else. I'm not a Hindu. :confused:
And yes, @muzi123 , please have a look.

And any chance of doing something about your typing? It's sometimes hard to figure out what you are trying to say. Really, if you're not on an old keypad phone, there's no excuse.
there's no such a thing as "nonreligious Muslim",Islam is a way of life ,not just a religion . tbh guys if i was you i would pray especailly because of exams ,personally,I need the mercy of the lord ,am flopping big time ,haven't done anything :frown:
Reply 356
Original post by hxmx
All I would advise you to do is maybe think about what it means to a Muslim and how blessed you are to be born as one.
So it really is just an accident of birth? Allah punishes billions of people with eternal torture simply because he had them be born into a non-Muslim family.

How cruel and unfair.
Bloody good job that it's all made up and not real, or I (and probably others) would be properly pissed off and wanting a serious word with him when judgement day comes! Grrr!!
Please don't tell me to go pray. The only thing I do is eat halal meat but I feel as if I'm slipping away from my beliefs. Anyone else like that?

I eat everything except pork. :biggrin:
Lol get prepared for hell

Hell doesn't exist and saying this is hardly likely to make someone repent and turn back, you're more likely to push them even further away.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 359
Shutup man stop reading into islam.
Too late!

I went mosque for bare years
I thought women had to dress modestly and cover their head in the mosque.

and ive read the qurana nd hadiths so please dont try and school me.
But you seem unclear on the pronouncements about such things as slavery, killing apostates and adulterers. Scholars study Islam for many years. Are you saying that your brief reading is enough to understand it all?

And yeah i forgot u dont worship ganesh, u are ganesh look at ur dp. Its of GANESh u little hindu.
LUL. That's not Ganesh. Ganesh has an elephant's head. That is a picture of what god actually looks like, from the telly.

Au contraire? U aint french LOl. Bye.
And I ain't Muslim neither. But I understand both. It's what happens when you read about stuff you don't know. It becomes known.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending