The Student Room Group

More than half of British Muslims say homosexuality should be outlawed

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dinasaurus
Don't equate ethnic minorities with Islam. Most actual minorities when relative to the world population are probably not muslim.

This is relative to the UK population, not the world. In the UK, they are a minority.
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
This is relative to the UK population, not the world. In the UK, they are a minority.

I guess so, but as an even smaller minority I hate the association especially when lumped together negatively to slate minorities.
Reply 182
Original post by Sephiroth
So what's going to happen once the Muslim population in the UK outbreeds us and mass migrates and becomes the majority? They then use our democratic system to vote in an Islamic minded party and the game is over. I doubt this will happen this century however but your great grandchildren may be affected by it.

This is already happening locally. Look at the political situation in Tower Hamlets, Rotherham or Bradford. A glimpse of what Western Europe will be in a few decades.

Original post by S.olk
Could agree with this more!!! 100% true, stupid surveys like just alienate Muslims more and make them more susceptible and attracted to messages like the one Isis preaches.

Muslims will go to Syria because of a poll showing what they think of homosexuality?
I guess so, but as an even smaller minority I hate the association especially when lumped together negatively to slate minorities.

In what way did I slate minorities? I gave a salient example.
In what way did I slate minorities? I gave a salient example.

"which does anything to fuse their perceived plight with that of ethnic minorities"

I just don't like the association.
Anyway, this statistic isn't exactly alone: over a quarter of the United States believes gay/lesbian relationships should be illegal. About 40% of the entire population thinks same-sex marriages should be illegal, too.
Reply 186
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
I can understand why some Muslims hate gay people or don't condome what they do but it's not our business,they have chosen their lifestyle so why should other Muslims get involved and say these harsh things just because they don't accept it ?

We are concerned that Muslims hate gays. It is our fu**ing business.

And homosexuality is not a lifestyle. It's decided in utero.
"which does anything to fuse their perceived plight with that of ethnic minorities"

I just don't like the association.

You may not like it, but it is correct. Facts don't care about feelings.
Original post by Josb
We are concerned that Muslims hate gays. It is our fu**ing business.

And homosexuality is not a lifestyle. It's decided in utero.

Though I do agree with you, be aware that being gay has not yet been decisively proven to be a born trait... though it's extremely likely to be.
You may not like it, but it is correct. Facts don't care about feelings.

I doubt there's been one major crime in recent years by someone from my country in the UK, even if the entire population of my country moved to the UK in a single year it wouldn't even touch the UK's average immigration amounts.
I doubt there's been one major crime in recent years by someone from my country in the UK, even if the entire population of my country moved to the UK in a single year it wouldn't even touch the UK's average immigration amounts.

Where are you originally from?

Plus that's not really relevant to the thread or the point I made.
Original post by Mactotaur
Though I do agree with you, be aware that being gay has not yet been decisively proven to be a born trait... though it's extremely likely to be.

Personally I do not think that being gay is a trait and that it is 100% chosen. but that does not mean that hating it is right at all.
Where are you originally from?

Plus that's not really relevant to the thread or the point I made.

It's not relevant but like I said, by lumping all minorities together it lumps together any immigrants from my country who have not done much wrong as far as I know.

Why not specify Muslims? I feel minorities is an arbitrary distinction.
Reply 193
Original post by Josb
This is already happening locally. Look at the political situation in Tower Hamlets, Rotherham or Bradford. A glimpse of what Western Europe will be in a few decades.

Muslims will go to Syria because of a poll showing what they think of homosexuality?

You clearly didnt read my post correctly cause what i am saying is that surveys like this which have mostly likely being adapted and altered into making Muslims look like the bad guys are going to alienate muslims and drive them away from society and societys value and where are going to go looking? To places where they aren't alienated but accepted which is just how ISIS groom and get their recruits, by playing on their insecurites and making up for the damage that surveys like this have done.
Reply 194
Original post by Sephiroth
It's really worrying and I can only see it ending in a bloody civil war or at worse another holocaust in Europe.

I also think it will end in a genocide, or at least massive ethnic cleansing before the end of the century. I don't know in which direction though.
It's not relevant but like I said, by lumping all minorities together it lumps together any immigrants from my country who have not done much wrong as far as I know.

Why not specify Muslims? I feel minorities is an arbitrary distinction.

If you're not prepared to answer then don't bring your country or it's impact on immigration into the discussion. What is the point, otherwise?

Anyway, I was making the point that the LGBT community feels it needs to side with any and all minorities and groups which are perceived as 'persecuted'. When some of those groups might not show the LGBT community the same tolerance.
Original post by Josb
I also think it will end in a genocide, or at least massive ethnic cleansing before the end of the century. I don't know in which direction though.

I completely agree with that. The only good thing (if you can call this a good thing), is that places like Sweden and France are further along in the process, so it will be possible to see into the future.
If you're not prepared to answer then don't bring your country or it's impact on immigration into the discussion. What is the point, otherwise?

Anyway, I was making the point that the LGBT community feels it needs to side with any and all minorities and groups which are perceived as 'persecuted'. When some of those groups might not show the LGBT community the same tolerance.

I am from Seychelles, I was prepared to answer.

I agree with that but I think the problem with homophobic views is religious rather than ethnic.
Reply 198
Original post by The_Opinion
I completely agree with that. The only good thing (if you can call this a good thing), is that places like Sweden and France are further along in the process, so it will be possible to see into the future.

I can safely tell that ethnic Swedes will go to the gas chambers singing. The French may resist though.
I am from Seychelles, I was prepared to answer.

I agree with that but I think the problem with homophobic views is religious rather than ethnic.

Apologies, my mistake.

Some atheists aren't a fan of homosexuals either, it doesn't have to be religious. The trouble with Islam is that it hasn't changed for hundreds of years, and it's going to take a lot more than a few gay pride parades to trigger it. I doubt Islam will ever accept homosexuals as well as other religions.

Quick Reply

Latest