The Student Room Group

He called me sweet, am I friendzoned?

My closest guy friend has been staying round my house more frequently (mainly when we get drunk). We end up cuddling all night/the next day (didn't get out of bed till 5pm today). I got a vibe that he was into me, and I am to him.

I was lying in bed cuddling him today, stroking his arm and nestling my head in his neck like we've done before, and then he called me 'sweet'... He never has before. To me its kind of a weird word to use when someone is in that position with you. I read that means he's trying to friendzone me, or I dunno whether it's cos I had hiccups that was calling me sweet as in cute or something. I dunno.

What do you think?
Sweet doesn't necessarily mean friendzone lol

He probably likes you idk
No, you aren't friend zoned.
Reply 3
ok but srs q

if ur into him
and think hes into u

y dont u just ask him on a date or w/e

and then you'll know
This is a death sentence for men, not women.

You're fine. Keep at it! :smile:
Original post by elliebrown92
My closest guy friend has been staying round my house more frequently (mainly when we get drunk). We end up cuddling all night/the next day (didn't get out of bed till 5pm today). I got a vibe that he was into me, and I am to him.

I was lying in bed cuddling him today, stroking his arm and nestling my head in his neck like we've done before, and then he called me 'sweet'... He never has before. To me its kind of a weird word to use when someone is in that position with you. I read that means he's trying to friendzone me, or I dunno whether it's cos I had hiccups that was calling me sweet as in cute or something. I dunno.

What do you think?

you're too sugary?
He might be gay.
Men don't friendzone women. Their brains are simple, women go it to one of two categories;

Would.
Would not.

I can only guess that you are on the "would" box but he has not made his feelings clear, which leaves it to you to make your feelings clear. There is always the possibility that he might be gay.
Reply 8
Original post by Abolisher
He might be gay.

Why has he not tried to bang you yet OP this guys onto something
Reply 9
Original post by Virgili
Why has he not tried to bang you yet OP this guys onto something

He's definitely not gay, he's tried making moves but it's difficult because we've been best friends for 4 years and work together, so I dunno if him calling me sweet was him trying to put an end to things before they go too far
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
He's definitely not gay, he's tried making moves but it's difficult because we've been best friends for 4 years and work together, so I dunno if him calling me sweet was him trying to put an end to things before they go too far

Just put your head on his crotch and start biting. If you want things to happen, make them happen.
Reply 11
GIrls, unlike guys, can be sweet and not friendzoned. It is an adorable feminine trait. Go for a kiss next time you are cuddling.

Do you want things to go further?
Reply 13
I think he likes you. If he called you 'hot' or 'sexy' he could just be classed as shallow, or only into you for your body. He probably didn't really over think the connotations of this word any way... however it definitely doesn't mean your'e friendzoned..
Original post by DiddyDec
Do you want things to go further?

I'm in two minds. When I first met him 4 years ago I was really into him, attracted to him loads but I had a boyfriend/he had a girlfriend at the time so nothing happened. Then we started working together and I kind of suppressed any feelings towards him other than being friends. Then he started gradually giving me an impression a few months ago that he was into me and it brought back all those old feelings, and I like him now as more than friends. But don't want to **** where I eat/ruin the friendship we have...

One of my friends had a one night stand with him ages ago and said he's amazing in bed so obviously that is in the back of my mind too.

He kept getting a hard on today when we were in bed and saying it was my fault, in a jokey way. Then he called me sweet, and got up. Before he left he said 'this is starting to be a problem now.' Hence, why I think he might be trying to suppress any feelings towards me and friendzone me
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm in two minds. When I first met him 4 years ago I was really into him, attracted to him loads but I had a boyfriend/he had a girlfriend at the time so nothing happened. Then we started working together and I kind of suppressed any feelings towards him other than being friends. Then he started gradually giving me an impression a few months ago that he was into me and it brought back all those old feelings, and I like him now as more than friends. But don't want to **** where I eat/ruin the friendship we have...

One of my friends had a one night stand with him ages ago and said he's amazing in bed so obviously that is in the back of my mind too.

He kept getting a hard on today when we were in bed and saying it was my fault, in a jokey way. Then he called me sweet, and got up. Before he left he said 'this is starting to be a problem now.' Hence, why I think he might be trying to suppress any feelings towards me and friendzone me

Clearly he has feeling for you also. I think it is time to have a frank an open conversation. Is currently single?
Original post by DiddyDec
Clearly he has feeling for you also. I think it is time to have a frank an open conversation. Is currently single?

I think you're right. Going to be the most awkward conversation ever haha. We're both single yeh
I think you're right. Going to be the most awkward conversation ever haha. We're both single yeh

Just do it, I'm sure you both know that you already have feelings for each other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending