The Student Room Group

Why do I feel so depressed after losing my virginity?

Hi i'm a boy and only a few days ago I lost my virginity to my best friend of over 3 years, I barely see her/talk to her since both moving to uni September 4 hours apart. However her uni finished early, so she says she'd come down and visit me, on the night we had quite a bit to drink in the club and when we got back we just had sex however we were both sober at that point, At the time it just feel so right, and we went on for over an hour (I didn't *** at all) and when she orgasmed we just stopped and went to bed, the next morning waking up to each other naked, i first thought it'll be awkward but carried on talking like best friends and reminiscing on the past. She had to leave the later the afternoon but since then I've been feeling very depressed and have been thinking of her every singlee moment! Or maybe I know that I won't be hearing from her soon as that was the first time we talked/saw each other in months

Scroll to see replies

Original post by afcfan1997
Hi i'm a boy and only a few days ago I lost my virginity to my best friend of over 3 years, I barely see her/talk to her since both moving to uni September 4 hours apart. However her uni finished early, so she says she'd come down and visit me, on the night we had quite a bit to drink in the club and when we got back we just had sex however we were both sober at that point, At the time it just feel so right, and we went on for over an hour (I didn't *** at all) and when she orgasmed we just stopped and went to bed, the next morning waking up to each other naked, i first thought it'll be awkward but carried on talking like best friends and reminiscing on the past. She had to leave the later the afternoon but since then I've been feeling very depressed and have been thinking of her every singlee moment! Or maybe I know that I won't be hearing from her soon as that was the first time we talked/saw each other in months

An hour? Damn son. That's impressive.
I salute you.
I wouldn't worry so much, just talk to her.
Reply 3
U sound like a grill. Grow up move onto the next.
Reply 4
You probably got attached and when she left so awkwardly you feel confused / loss.
First time , 1 hour lmao
Maybe because you never planned on it actually happening like that? And it's with someone you consider as a best friend? I guess losing your virginity is a feeling of things being "Final". Also you know you wouldn't see you best friend so much cos of uni so maybe that's really difficult. How are you feeling now? Do you fancy her? You should talk it over together so things are out in the open as even though it doesn't feel awkward you may both have inner feelings of awkwardness/upset/fancying each other x
Original post by animaria
U sound like a grill. Grow up move onto the next.

troll.
Reply 8
Original post by Little Old Me
Maybe because you never planned on it actually happening like that? And it's with someone you consider as a best friend? I guess losing your virginity is a feeling of things being "Final". Also you know you wouldn't see you best friend so much cos of uni so maybe that's really difficult. How are you feeling now? Do you fancy her? You should talk it over together so things are out in the open as even though it doesn't feel awkward you may both have inner feelings of awkwardness/upset/fancying each other x

All of a sudden I feel deeply in love with her, feelings that I never had before during in high school when we were best friends, However I mean the morning afterwards when she was still here it felt so natural and normal, we were just still in bed for hours just laughing at the past, talking about whats been happening with our lives. It was never awkward at all, it was only when she had to get back home and said her goodbye that I knew I wouldn't get to see her for months.
since coming to uni I've always found it hard messaging old friends as sometimes it feels as if I would be bothering them, so i don't really bother + won't know what to say
Reply 9
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
troll.

How can you tell?
Reply 10
troll.

It's actually not, the more people you have sex with the more you'll learn to detatch the sex from the attachment, often when people lose their virginity they feel like this because of the seperation attachment that comes after it. They haven't learned how to deal with it yet.
troll.

How? Lol its in guys nature to crave many girls. Im confused to how he doesn't feel this way and is so stuck on one girl..
Original post by M14B
How can you tell?

Original post by Virgili
It's actually not, the more people you have sex with the more you'll learn to detatch the sex from the attachment, often when people lose their virginity they feel like this because of the seperation attachment that comes after it. They haven't learned how to deal with it yet.

How? Lol its in guys nature to crave many girls. Im confused to how he doesn't feel this way and is so stuck on one girl..

I was talking about the "You sound like a girl, move on to the next one". It sounded very trollish, and rather sexist. :redface:
I was talking about the "You sound like a girl, move on to the next one". It sounded very trollish, and rather sexist. :redface:

Ohh i see yh idc
Ohh i see yh idc

Right...
Original post by afcfan1997
All of a sudden I feel deeply in love with her, feelings that I never had before during in high school when we were best friends, However I mean the morning afterwards when she was still here it felt so natural and normal, we were just still in bed for hours just laughing at the past, talking about whats been happening with our lives. It was never awkward at all, it was only when she had to get back home and said her goodbye that I knew I wouldn't get to see her for months.
since coming to uni I've always found it hard messaging old friends as sometimes it feels as if I would be bothering them, so i don't really bother + won't know what to say

Ohhh please tell her how you feel! If you felt so comfortable around each other after sleeping together it seems like a sign you're "meant" to be. It seems like it's probably better to see how a relationship goes than not bother as the thought of what could have been could eat you up. Get talking to her, you can make it work in different cities. Yeah I see what you mean about old friends, I've felt like that too x
Reply 16
Original post by Little Old Me
Ohhh please tell her how you feel! If you felt so comfortable around each other after sleeping together it seems like a sign you're "meant" to be. It seems like it's probably better to see how a relationship goes than not bother as the thought of what could have been could eat you up. Get talking to her, you can make it work in different cities. Yeah I see what you mean about old friends, I've felt like that too x

I try and figure out why I'm so depressed as trust me I'm like normally the happiest person ever, like i've always looked forward to loosing my virginity, and I don't think that why I'm depressed, I generally believe its because of her, and how I missed being around her and catching up, like she had to leave in the afternoon the next day and we just sent hours talking in bed before she had to go, I think it all kicked in when we had a goodbye hug and I knew that I won't be seeing her/hearing from her for a few months
Thank you so much, I've only been feeling like this for a few days now since it happened, but like It feels like it's so hard to talk about it, hence why I'm going on forums but I think you're the only person whose given me such a reassuring response :smile:
Original post by TSR Mustafa
First time , 1 hour lmao

*when she pretended to orgasm we just stopped and went to bed.... :biggrin:Tbf I couldn't finish on my first time but I cut it shorter than 1 hour after getting bored, not sure how common that is.
Reply 18
Right...

gotta love political correctness
Reply 19
Original post by Abolisher
*when she pretended to orgasm we just stopped and went to bed.... :biggrin:Tbf I couldn't finish on my first time but I cut it shorter than 1 hour after getting bored, not sure how common that is.

propbably all down to nerves, plus the feeling of having a condom on for the first time (didn't realise how tight they were couldn't get it on properly), not only that it was in my uni accommodation, we left the clubs early, all my flatmates knew what were going on so they went to the flat above us... not only that 3 people walked in on us

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending