The Student Room Group

Any non religious Muslims around?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by Oblivion99
Wait are you Muslim? SAUDI ARABIA is the second, most, cultic civilisation in the world after ISIS. Their school of Islam, and their ideologies and political advancements are all diabolic. But the whole world fails to see that, they're allies with them *free oil baby*

No I am not. I completely agree with you on Saudi Arabia. They are the Islamic State that made it. To think they head a UN Human Rights Panel is disgusting. The richest country in the region (Saudi) killing thousands of civilians in the poorest country in the region (Yemen) using British weapons makes me sick. Their funding of madrassas across the Islamic world has fostered the extremism that gave birth to the IS.

Not really. Its Hamas that's causing all the problems. However I don't believe in the slightest they were using children as shields. Loads of bs, to increase the death toll.

Most British Muslims probably have some level of sympathy for Hamas, which was more my point. I don't have a source for that, though, so I could be proved wrong.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AJ KO
****ing hell. That is the most disgusting thing I have read in a long time.

You think a genocide is good in the LR if it means more Syrians (those than survive, at least) become Muslims? Your parents failed you, and I don't say that lightly.

PRSOM. How did I miss this? :facepalm:
People's brains are limited to God's. And there have been so many proofs.
Holy Books and Miracles (That can't be explained by scientists).
Original post by QE2
What is your position on pre-slaughter stunning?
Is it halal if the animal is unconscious before it is killed?

Where talking about nando's and your talking about slaughtering?! Can you stop bringing up religion. You commented on 2, 3 threads that I was on. I feel like i've known you for a year now.
Original post by childofthesun
I'm aware,although I don't really feel such hatred from the Sunnis I know.

Are you a Shia Muslim? :holmes:

In Lebanon it's not like that,there may be political differences but Sunnis and Shias do not hate each other(generally),which is why I was especially upset/angry when I heard about the ISIS attack in Lebanon a few months ago.

I do wonder why you don't have more sectarian problems, what with religious difference being enshrined in your constitution.
Original post by Hydeman
Because some views are too revolting for reasonable people to get along with those that hold them. :console: I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with hate in situations like that; would you want to get along with a fascist? :holmes:

Hahaha Mister Hyde wants me to debate :3
Of course not , but you get my point :wink: I'm sorry I have 12 notifications to deal with so I wont be long but I'll still give a little answer

Firstly, are we really talking about fascism here ?

Secondly, it looks like people are just trying to defend their opinion - which is great ! - but some of them just do not know anymore how to talk to each other , which is too bad because debates are here to help people share , and we can't get along without a debate

But finally, at which point a debate becomes off-topic and non constructive ? I believe it happens when people just stop justify themselve and say something like "it is just the way it is" or "you can't understand"

When someone say to me that I can't understand, I ask more and more questions because I do want to understand , a human being is curious by nature, he wants more and more. But are all people like me ? Yes of course. Some just can't express themselve the same way and start to argue. Here is the point when a debate becomes off-topic. When someone who wants to understand pretend not to want.

That's why it's not about fascism, but about freedom of speech. When people ask for such a right and can't handle it.. Well, RIP.

What do you think Homme Caché ?
Original post by chillygirl
lool its like me saying ,god isn't merciful because he isn't stopping the genocide that's happening in Syria ,but really god is testing us ,sometimes things happen to us that we may think its bad, but really at the end we gain some benefit from .people of syria never use to be practising but now during the genocide many people have turned back to Allah

Troll...? or that proves Islam isn't a religion of peace but a religion of submission (whatever makes people turn to Allah)...

Allah is some Machiavellian douche I'll give you that. Indeed, he's the best of planners...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by QE2

LUL. That's not Ganesh. Ganesh has an elephant's head. That is a picture of what god actually looks like, from the telly.

Dear oh dear. :rofl::laugh:

Some actually thought that...
Original post by Hydeman
Are you a Shia Muslim? :holmes:

I do wonder why you don't have more sectarian problems, what with religious difference being enshrined in your constitution.

Yes
And sectarianism is a problem, but like I mentioned it's to do with political matters,not actual religious differences, and doesn't manifest as hatred amongst the religious groups. When I say sectarianism,I'm referring to the way in which the political seats/roles are all divided(e.g. President must be Maronite,prime minister a Sunni, speaker of parliament a Shia etc...), and people will support whichever political group best serves the interests of their sect rather than the country as a whole. This may cause some tension,e.g. Shias support Hezbollah while Sunnis tend to oppose them, Sunnis support the Syrian revolution while Shias back Assad etc...
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
What do you think Homme Caché ?

Reply in spoiler because it's long. :tongue:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Yes

Must be tough. :console:

And sectarianism is a problem, but like I mentioned it's to do with political matters,not actual religious differences, and doesn't manifest as hatred amongst the religious groups. When I say sectarianism,I'm referring to the way in which the political seats/roles are all divided(e.g. President must be Maronite,prime minister a Sunni, speaker of parliament a Shia etc...), and people will support whichever political group best serves the interests of their sect rather than the country as a whole. This may cause some tension,e.g. Shias support Hezbollah while Sunnis tend to oppose them, Sunnis support the Syrian revolution while Shias back Assad etc...

Yeah, that's what I meant about sectarianism being enshrined in your constitution. :colondollar: This essentially encourages people to self-segregate and have dual loyalties, which is hardly a recipe for long-term sectarian harmony. :holmes:
Original post by Hydeman
Must be tough. :console:

Yeah, that's what I meant about sectarianism being enshrined in your constitution. :colondollar: This essentially encourages people to self-segregate and have dual loyalties, which is hardly a recipe for long-term sectarian harmony. :holmes:

Why'd it be tough haha?

Yeah I agree. It's strange,lots of Lebanese people aren't even that religious but are still so tied to their particular sect. Having said that, I know many who'd identity as Lebanese first before 'Muslim'/'Christian'/'Druze' etc.. We still share that sense of nationalism despite the sectarianism. Lebanon is such a complex country :lol:
The sectarian system needs to go, I just don't see it happening anytime soon.
Original post by darkrep97
So are you saying that the best way God can test people is through a genocide.

everyone gets tested differently ,some get tested with poverty ,some get tested with money to see if they are going to use it in a right or wrong way and etc
Why'd it be tough haha?

Oh, you know, a significant section of the Sunni world seeing you as heretics deserving of punishment, and stuff. :lol:

Yeah I agree. It's strange,lots of Lebanese people aren't even that religious but are still so tied to their particular sect. Having said that, I know many who'd identity as Lebanese first before 'Muslim'/'Christian'/'Druze' etc.. We still share that sense of nationalism despite the sectarianism. Lebanon is such a complex country :lol:
The sectarian system needs to go, I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

I agree. Can't wait for you guys to become loyal to capitalist individualism and consumerism instead. :wink:
Original post by Hydeman
Oh, you know, a significant section of the Sunni world seeing you as heretics deserving of punishment, and stuff. :lol:

I agree. Can't wait for you guys to become loyal to capitalist individualism and consumerism instead. :wink:

It's sad that some people hold those views, but no it's not 'tough' because in my everyday life I've never faced any sort of abuse because I'm Shia and rarely come across anyone like that. The Lebanese community around me are pretty laid back and everyone gets on well regardless of sect.

#resistcapitalism :wink:
Original post by Hydeman
Reply in spoiler because it's long. :tongue:

Spoiler

Too lazy to quote sorry :colondollar: so I put numbers !

1- I know, I was just trying to say that I would give my opinion about a non-fascist thing :yep:

2- mmmh fair enough. I'm the kind of person who do not mind to get along with a person -whatever their belief - as long as this person does not force me to be like them tho. But I catcha :yep:

3- I'm not worrying about, I'm just surprised to see how much people are more likely to argue when it comes to defend opinion they can hardly defend, instead of looking for good arguments

4- indeed , some people are not worth argue with. - you understand why I don't debate a lot now :wink: -

5- I didn't expected this one :lol: I should become CT then :moon:

6- Unfortunately.

7- Actually I believe that human being are all curious by nature, but their curiosity shows up or not, and some people deny their curiosity, which make them not worth talking to when it comes to debate about serious stuffs, and it ends up like number 4 of our little conv Mister Hyde - we almost could call this a circle jerk :daydreaming:

8- human being is curious. But when they are insecure and they feel they'll loose the battle, they don't take their time to be a part of a debate. What's the point if it's to loose , would they think. That kind of person is the kind of person of number 7 and number 4, the kind of person you would never convince, because they're too insecure to get rid of their own opinions, whatever they are

9- awww a complicated one .. To illustrate this point I would say that freedom of speech still has its limits :3

10- completely agree with this one !
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Too lazy to quote sorry :colondollar: so I put numbers !

No worries. Numbers work too. :h:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
No worries. Numbers work too. :h:

Spoiler

1- of course not, I was talking about people who defend real opinions ! And by real opinions I mean defendable opinions ^.^

2- I wouldn't go that far.. Because you are generalising, which you shouldn't :wink:

3- Are you calling religion a dogma ? :holmes:

4- I know and so was I xD

5- godddd I didn't know .. I'm glad I hired you :mmm:

6- :3

7- not all religious people are the same, you are generalising again :wink:

Spoiler

Original post by Hydeman

Spoiler

1-never said you were insulting anyone :3 and fair enough but maybe it's because you hear more about "scandals" when it comes to religion, while other people who have nothing to do with that are not that conservative :yep:

2- oh this is gonna be complicated because my english is not good enough for what I wanna say .. Mmh I agree with you but it is not what I wanted to say - and it wasn't your fault-
In french, "le dogme" so dogma, is a pejorative word , and I'll rephrase then you could understand : -> do you think religion is pejorative ?

3- answering PMs is a part of the contract :cry2:

4- :3 (:mmm: )

5- then we're good :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest