The Student Room Group

The Hezzlington Cooking Blog - A student that eats like a King

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hezzlington
It tastes like an ice cream sandwich. with cookie dough. in vanilla ice cream.

That sounds heavenly... :drool:
this makes me soo hungry!!! Loving the blog!!
Oxtail is cooking. Will post up the meal with desert later on tonight.
:excited:
cookie dough switch up, never heard of it before.

My sister bought me that before, hoping I like it. She got the wrong one and I'm not big on that type of cookie D:
Original post by SophieSmall
My sister bought me that before, hoping I like it. She got the wrong one and I'm not big on that type of cookie D:

This reminds me...I might try making some cookies soon. I have two totally different recipes for them, one of them requires weird ingredients as it's supposed to be a 'healthy' cookie.

I might just make the dough though and have it with ice cream.

Sign me up! This is BRILLIANT!

I'm totally in love with your dishes, and you sound like an awesome guy!

Are you a chef or something, because, WOWIE! This thread is SOOO going on my watched list forever, I'm in love with yoru cooking :P
For the first time this week, I cooked myself dinner. I'm proud.
This reminds me...I might try making some cookies soon. I have two totally different recipes for them, one of them requires weird ingredients as it's supposed to be a 'healthy' cookie.

I might just make the dough though and have it with ice cream.

what are the weird ingredients?
what are the weird ingredients?

Tapioca flour, coconut sugar, coconut flour.

Strange ingredients for cookies!

EDIT:

This reminds me, tapioca flour is a delight to cook with and I have a really good recipe for making healthy KFC chicken! I should probably start doing some vegetarian/healthier dishes in the next few weeks. Will start banging out some salads n ****.
(edited 8 years ago)
Tapioca flour, coconut sugar, coconut flour.

Strange ingredients for cookies!

EDIT:

This reminds me, tapioca flour is a delight to cook with and I have a really good recipe for making healthy KFC chicken! I should probably start doing some vegetarian/healthier dishes in the next few weeks. Will start banging out some salads n ****.

So sounds coco-nutty :tongue:
So sounds coco-nutty :tongue:

They're surprisingly not at all, it's subtle, not enough to be called coconut cookies. I don't know if it's disappointing as coconut is one of my favourite ingredients.

Those ingredients are used to replace traditional, 'unhealthy' things such as regular sugar.
I approve of the Morgan's Spiced in the background :tongue:
Original post by Rhythmical
For the first time this week, I cooked myself dinner. I'm proud.

what did you make?

Original post by jawsontheflooor
I approve of the Morgan's Spiced in the background :tongue:

It's caused some messy nights out, that stuff. There was also Jager in the steak sandwich pic but I cropped out as I didn't want you people to judge me :P
what did you make?

Haha I found some vegetable crumble recipe from the BBC recipe book that I tried. I made the crumble mix myself, I'm proud. And then I made a healthy breakfast of scrambled eggs and mushrooms on toast today but it took ages and my mum got frustrated with me. That crumble was kinda gross after a while.
I don't have any suggestions in the meat regard but are you alright with veggie recipes (south indian especially)?
One other thing I want to try that I've never gotten round to is triple cooked chips, maybe you could try it out:
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/how-to-cook-like-heston/articles/all/triple-cooked-chips-recipe
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Writer_Refresh
Sign me up! This is BRILLIANT!

I'm totally in love with your dishes, and you sound like an awesome guy!

Are you a chef or something, because, WOWIE! This thread is SOOO going on my watched list forever, I'm in love with yoru cooking :P

Thanks! I'm not a chef by any means. Just a guy that loves eating and as a result..cooking.

Original post by QuantumSnowy
I don't have any suggestions in the meat regard but are you alright with veggie recipes (south indian especially)?

I'll be making more vegetarian recipes, but I don't know any South Indian recipes specifically. Could you give me examples?

One other thing I want to try that I've never gotten round to is triple cooked chips, maybe you could try it out:
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/how-to-cook-like-heston/articles/all/triple-cooked-chips-recipe

I'll make those :smile:
I'll post a few I eat weekly,

After much pontification, I realised I don't have a clue about the actual amounts I use so I'll link a few recipes from a reliable site...

Sambar - Tamarind based stew kinda thing, I usually have it with rice and a side dish, though it can even be had on its own

http://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/tomato-sambar-recipe-thakkali-sambar/

Rasam - Pretty much a soup, but can again be eaten with rice

http://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/easy-rasam-recipe-rasam-recipes/

A few things though, - the website is catered to indians so it may be a bit spicy, adjust proportionately as you would like to,
- Although these are both tomato these can be made with many different vegetables as a base, I think the tomato one is easiest to make though
- The Ingredients may or may not have different names in england, so if you are struggling to find something feel free to ask here or pm me

This is really just the tip of the iceberg,

Any further questions with regards to the recipes or south indian food in general feel free to pm me or ask here
I'll post a few I eat weekly,

After much pontification, I realised I don't have a clue about the actual amounts I use so I'll link a few recipes from a reliable site...

Sambar - Tamarind based stew kinda thing, I usually have it with rice and a side dish, though it can even be had on its own

http://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/tomato-sambar-recipe-thakkali-sambar/

Rasam - Pretty much a soup, but can again be eaten with rice

http://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/easy-rasam-recipe-rasam-recipes/

A few things though, - the website is catered to indians so it may be a bit spicy, adjust proportionately as you would like to,
- Although these are both tomato these can be made with many different vegetables as a base, I think the tomato one is easiest to make though
- The Ingredients may or may not have different names in england, so if you are struggling to find something feel free to ask here or pm me

This is really just the tip of the iceberg,

Any further questions with regards to the recipes or south indian food in general feel free to pm me or ask here

Second one looks incredible!
Second one looks incredible!

Glad you like the look

Quick Reply

Latest