The Student Room Group

What Grades can i get in french and English?

As some of you may know, these are the GCSE's I would love to get an A in (Maybe not french but oh well).
In my english Coursework, looking at the marks which I have got, I have probably got low A or high B.
The question is can i still get an A if i got a Strong A in my exams?

French:
I got a Strong B in writing and a Low B/High C in speaking, Could i get an A with an A* in Reading and an A in listening?

Thanks
Bulletzone
Reply 1
Original post by Bulletzone
As some of you may know, these are the GCSE's I would love to get an A in (Maybe not french but oh well).In my english Coursework, looking at the marks which I have got, I have probably got low A or high B.The question is can i still get an A if i got a Strong A in my exams?French:I got a Strong B in writing and a Low B/High C in speaking, Could i get an A with an A* in Reading and an A in listening?ThanksBulletzone

Which exam boards and do you know your exact coursework marks?
(edited 8 years ago)
As some of you may know, these are the GCSE's I would love to get an A in (Maybe not french but oh well).
In my english Coursework, looking at the marks which I have got, I have probably got low A or high B.

French:
I got a Strong B in writing and a Low B/High C in speaking, Could i get an A with an A* in Reading and an A in listening?

Thanks
Bulletzone

With English I got B in my coursework - got B in the exam (B overall) but I was told a high A would push me up. If you are A/B then a high A/A* would be your goal for an A.
I did German (same marking system though), in my coursework I got a solid B and was told I had no chance of getting an A as my coursework wasn't strong enough. I worked my butt off, aced the exams and shocked my teacher with an A!

You can get an A in both, good luck and make sure you are prepared - past papers are the best test for both of these.
Reply 3
How many controlled assessments did u do

French:

Thanks
Bulletzone
Reply 4
Original post by saba_09
How many controlled assessments did u do

I have done so many for English maybe about 6 or 8 (idk)

Original post by 10tojones
With English I got B in my coursework - got B in the exam (B overall) but I was told a high A would push me up. If you are A/B then a high A/A* would be your goal for an A.
I did German (same marking system though), in my coursework I got a solid B and was told I had no chance of getting an A as my coursework wasn't strong enough. I worked my butt off, aced the exams and shocked my teacher with an A!
You can get an A in both, good luck and make sure you are prepared - past papers are the best test for both of these.

Thanks for the Information, I shall work hard :smile:

Original post by luciie
Which exam boards and do you know your exact coursework marks?

AQA and I do not know my exact marks (too many to remember), but I know they equate to a Low B High A.
Reply 5
AQA and I do not know my exact marks (too many to remember), but I know they equate to a Low B High A.

Give me a few minutes I might be able to work it out :wink:
Reply 6
Sorry i meant for french i should have been more specific
I have done so many for English maybe about 6 or 8 (idk)

Thanks for the Information, I shall work hard :smile:

Reply 7
I got a B and a C in GCSE French and then two A*s on the papers and I got an A overall. It can be done.
Reply 8
Original post by fldem
I got a B and a C in GCSE French and then two A*s on the papers and I got an A overall. It can be done.

I may not get 2 A* though :frown: IDK I will work hard!
Reply 9
I may not get 2 A* though :frown: IDK I will work hard!

GCSE French papers are a lot easier than the controlled assessments (especially if you're a nervous person like I am when it comes to those kind of assessments) and I didn't think I'd done that well when I came out of the exams, but honestly it's not hard. You'll be alright, I think if you got As then you'd probably be fine too.
Reply 10
How many controlled assessments do u have to do in french
Original post by fldem
GCSE French papers are a lot easier than the controlled assessments (especially if you're a nervous person like I am when it comes to those kind of assessments) and I didn't think I'd done that well when I came out of the exams, but honestly it's not hard. You'll be alright, I think if you got As then you'd probably be fine too.

Quick Reply

Latest