The Student Room Group

Things you used to be scared of

Scroll to see replies

Clowns and still they freak me out. I used to be scared of balloons when they pop and the sound of cardboard as it made my spine shiver.
Rollercoasters, public speaking
Looking up at the sky, helicopters, clowns. :indiff:
Road sweepers (these still make me nervous actually) :lol:
Planes/helicopters flying overhead (if I was outside)
The dark (doesn't bother me so much now)
The theme tune for Casualty
Original post by whydoidothis?
Escalators. That first step had to be timed exactly right, or it would drag me under and slice me up.

Me too, I used to worry that if I didn't get off at the right time I would be sucked in by the belt thing and flattened like a cartoon. I'm 16 now but I still can't go on them without gripping the handrails so tightly and not moving or talking to anyone.
Original post by Blondie987
The burglar in sims 2 hahaha, also that creepy head from art attack

Someone told me that head was the former presenter of Art Attack, and he'd somehow displeased the producers so they turned him into a talking statue, and that scared the **** out of me. I'm still not convinced that it wasn't true.
Original post by Dr Pesto
Someone told me that head was the former presenter of Art Attack, and he'd somehow displeased the producers so they turned him into a talking statue, and that scared the **** out of me. I'm still not convinced that it wasn't true.

Apparently loads of kids were scared of it, how did it get put into the show?? Lol
Freddy Krueger.
Reply 28
The stairs in my house, spiders and the police (nightmare).

No longer scared of the police and spiders.
Reply 29
Original post by Student403
Rollercoasters, public speaking

Same, hated public speaking/reading!

still do tbh lol
Barney, that ****ing dinosaur used to scare the **** out of me when I was 3
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Spock's Socks
I used to be terrified of lifts but I'm OK with them now. Still wouldn't like to get stuck in one though :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I m the exact same , i used to always use stairs to avoid them.
Original post by Spock's Socks
I used to be terrified of lifts but I'm OK with them now. Still wouldn't like to get stuck in one though :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm afraid of lifts now, although I never used to be. My fear wasn't helped by the fact I almost got squished in the door of a lift not long ago when it started to close just as I was stepping into it :s-smilie:
Dogs and cats
Original post by Eternalflames
Barney wasn't in Dora lol

Dora had different talking animals

No, no, if definitely wasn't Barney, I loved Barney! :biggrin: Can't remember a single thing from it but apparently the bookcase was just filled with Barney videos

This dinosaur was just some animated dinosaur that I was irrationally terrified of
CLOWNS
The penis :colondollar:
God
The Marley brothers in The Muppet Christmas Carol :teehee:
Policemen. I thought they just arrested people at random :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest