The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dirtybit
Oh really. I've always heart the greats say that defence is the easiest part of football. You just have to stay alert.

If an attacker is played wrongly by the manager then it's pretty much the same case. E.G. Angel Di Maria.

Perhaps but they're saying it like staying alert it easy. 90 minutes of consistent vigilance with attackers all around you making runs, trying to hold a lone and communicate with the players all around you?
That's not easy in the slightest. Not for a full game.

Of course, attackers need to be played in the right position, but so much of what they do is instinct. Attacking can be so fluid and interchangeable.

Managers needs to be aware of the capabilities of all of their players and I feel like LVG just doesn't have a clue.
He doesn't know when it's right to bring on Darmian or where to play Martial. At times it looks like he's guessing...and he's guessing wrong.
My sarcasm obviously wasn't strong enough

Didn't read it properly, my bad my bad
Original post by Lúcio
Perhaps but they're saying it like staying alert it easy. 90 minutes of consistent vigilance with attackers all around you making runs, trying to hold a lone and communicate with the players all around you?
That's not easy in the slightest. Not for a full game.

Of course, attackers need to be played in the right position, but so much of what they do is instinct. Attacking can be so fluid and interchangeable.

Managers needs to be aware of the capabilities of all of their players and I feel like LVG just doesn't have a clue.
He doesn't know when it's right to bring on Darmian or where to play Martial. At times it looks like he's guessing...and he's guessing wrong.

One thing's for sure:

LVG is an absolute arrogant fraud.
LVG the type of guy to start Young as a striker over a no9 because "he played good vs u21s".
Reply 7524
Original post by Parties in LA
It's an awful save lol, much less pedigreed players have fit into the van Gaal defence which has been the second best in the league this season. Darmian's defensive prowess can be summed up by his contribution today, which is to concede 3 goals in 8 minutes on the pitch after 68 minutes of clean sheeting by a teenager who was in the position before him.

who touched you when you were a kid?
One thing's for sure:

LVG is an absolute arrogant fraud.

Couldn't agree more, but I don't understand it.

The man has had a successful past so why is he so useless now?
Does he already know he's going so just isn't bothered anymore? Or can he just not handle the pressure, the expectation that United MUST be a big club again?

Either way, he needs to go sooner rather than later because every team around him is improving and if Klopp gets a transfer window and LVG is still here, we'll overtake you too.
Woodward has no balls.

Got idiots in charge who just see Man United as a business.
Original post by Lúcio

Does he already know he's going so just isn't bothered anymore? Or can he just not handle the pressure, the expectation that United MUST be a big club again?

Either way, he needs to go sooner rather than later because every team around him is improving and if Klopp gets a transfer window and LVG is still here, we'll overtake you too.

The problem is that LVG learns from johan cruyff which is total football. Since this is based on teaching players to play in every position. eg a striker will learn how to play as a winger or as a deep playing attacking midfielder.

I think he is applying for this to the team. playing lingard at cam and mata at rm and then rb. The problem is that most of the players are not taught this when they are young, hence it is difficult to adapt. The difference between him and johan cruyff is that he is applying such as a philosophy to an extreme. We saw this with Holland in the World Cup. He is good at executing it with players whom have a strong history of being taught total football but if they are not they fail miserably.

Also, this is partly why he promote youth. If you sent youth on loan they are taught a different system , must understand new manager's instruction but once they return it is difficult for them to correct their mistakes. Hence why LVG promotes youth to teach them his philosophy of total football.
Original post by Lúcio

He has definitely shown glimpses of his arrogant fraudulent behaviour all his career. He almost got relegated with Barca before he left the by mutual consent. The man benched Rivaldo after he won ballon d'or and destroyed his career ffs. Right now he's in his final fraud form.
(edited 7 years ago)
when is neville coming back to sky sports
He has definitely shown glimpses of his arrogant fraudulent behaviour all his career. He almost got relegated with Barca before he left the by mutual consent. The man benched Rivaldo after he won ballon d'or and destroyed his career ffs. Right now he's in his final fraud form.

Not really bothered about him so I haven't looked closely in to his past, but Jesus Christ...

You really need him gone if your club wants to get back to its glory days.
The problem is that as a fan you must want your club to win every game, but if you do too well (i.e: FA Cup and top 4) you might get him for another season. Whatever he achieves this season, it's obvious he isn't good enough to manage Manchester United.

If your next manager isn't good enough, you're in big trouble. We compete in a league where relegation candidates can become champions the season after. If you don't get this right, before you know it there could be 7 or 8 teams better than you.
Original post by Lúcio
@difeo But you'd hold Dortmund yeah?

Well given our record vs the top 4 is a solid 3-2-2, and they were awful in the game in question, yeah we'd have a decent chance
Original post by difeo
Well given our record vs the top 4 is a solid 3-2-2, and they were awful in the game in question, yeah we'd have a decent chance

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1460325769.553900.jpg
Original post by Lúcio
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1460325769.553900.jpg

u no I'm right
In fact your claim that we'd have no chance at holding them is quite clearly ridiculous given that record
Original post by bigmansouf
when is neville coming back to sky sports

how can he :lol:

imagine how hard Carragher would banter him off every week.

*Leicester in Champions League vs Barcelona*

Gary: You cannot. This defence just cannot concede 5 goals to this side. They are naive.

Jamie: Is that how it was at Valencia Gary ayy
Reply 7535
Who is going to be the next ManU manager?
Original post by M14B
Who is going to be the next ManU manager?

Gary Neville
Reply 7537
Original post by difeo
Gary Neville

Shoot me please.
Original post by difeo
u no I'm right
In fact your claim that we'd have no chance at holding them is quite clearly ridiculous given that record

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1460327543.926416.jpg
Original post by Lúcio
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1460327543.926416.jpg

strong weed eyes

Latest