The Student Room Group

More than half of British Muslims say homosexuality should be outlawed

Scroll to see replies

Religious people are homophobic :O OMFG this is mind blowingly new and unexpected!
I thought religious people were just anti-non-believers, anti-abortion, anti-freedom, anti-sex, anti-intellectualism (to a certain degree).. but homophobic? Wow...
I hear about this **** everyday but I have never actually seen it. Where is it exactly and do you have anything to demonstrate whether or not it's true?
Saying things like this with no basis whatsoever is not only an insult to the police force that's working its arse off, but also to the British public, as if they were stupid enough to let something like this happen.
I'm very sorry for your troubles, my feelings go out towards you and those affected.

What is this area like economically and what is their financial position may I ask?
Reply 263
Original post by The Epicurean
That's how the Holocaust happened.

Great quote, but it has unfortunately not shut him up.
Of course nobody should be forced to suppress their feelings because they have the right to engage in their feelings.
However, there has been cases where people have chosen to suppress their feelings or 'urges' because their sexuality is seen as a taboo. For example, there are self acclaimed paedophiles who choose not to act on their feelings/urges because they know it is wrong.

So when it comes down to it, if we grant the gay community the chance to act on their sexual urges and not be condemned for it, shouldn't we grant everyone that chance? Keeping in mind that I am not implying that paedophiles should!

Original post by ivybridge
Are you seriously this delude? Saying they don't hate the gay, they hate the activities of the gay is such a stupid line because nobody should be expected to suppress their feelings - if you're allowed to have your sexual relationships, so are we. Many heterosexuals have anal sex and many homoexuals do not yet its only us who are hated. Why is that? Because the whole 'love the gay, hate the sin' thing is an excuse.
Original post by champ_mc99
Well, claiming another person is homophobic, while the person accused denies it, is heavily subjective. What exactly qualifies as homophobic beliefs?

I would say there is very strong arguement that the belief that homosexuality is morally unacceptable is a homophobic belief.
Reply 266
Original post by oShahpo
I hear about this **** everyday but I have never actually seen it. Where is it exactly and do you have anything to demonstrate whether or not it's true?
Saying things like this with no basis whatsoever is not only an insult to the police force that's working its arse off, but also to the British public, as if they were stupid enough to let something like this happen.

Fighting Sharia brigades doesn't be the priority of the police or the British public. Islamophobia is a bigger issue for them.
Why the hell do they think its any of their business?

I'm sorry, but I hate Islam. Full stop. I know there are plenty of good Muslims, but the ideology truly is awful. It deserves 0 respect.
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
thats another subject

It really isn't. I know you meant well, but I spent years of my life trying to suppress my sexual attraction to men. And I know others who struggled with it even more, and many homosexuals/transgenders even commit suicide. Why on Earth would we 'choose' this sexual orientation? The only thing we chose was to be true to ourselves and come out.

The only question you need to ask (presuming you're straight) is whether or not you could whimsically turn gay. Because that is exactly how I feel about turning straight.
Original post by oShahpo

British politicians.
Original post by Howard
I'm absolutely not spending my spare time reading the Qu'ran. I've got better things to do. I would rather have a root canal. Besides, Post 269 lists a bunch of them. You read them.

You've just proven my point. You just assumed or collected information online about how Islam is evil or whatnot yet you haven't actually read the Quran yourself...people are so gullible and will believe anything these days smh. Educate yourself before you start stating facts that are wrong 👍🏾
Good.
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
You've just proven my point. You just assumed or collected information online about how Islam is evil or whatnot yet you haven't actually read the Quran yourself...people are so gullible and will believe anything these days smh. Educate yourself before you start stating facts that are wrong 👍🏾

Can you tell me what your understanding of the Koran verses 5:30-33 is?
Original post by garfeeled
I would say there is very strong arguement that the belief that homosexuality is morally unacceptable is a homophobic belief.

Would you eloborate? But you can easily provide a counter arguement using a similar circumstance. For example, we both condemn paedophilia but if a paedophile has the will-power to not commit any crime driven by his sexuality he is considered innocent. Hence, there would be nothing wrong with being his friend.
Original post by Grand High Witch
A lot, usually. So would you say it in any graduate job interview if you claim you are unafraid of saying it?

Tbh i would only work for family so that would never happen.
Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
Do you not understand how statistics work? How is it that so many of the Muslims who come on this thread to say "I wasn't asked" etc can progress through our educational system while being ignorant of these basic principles of mathematics and science?

Statistics are actually ********.
Original post by alkaline.
LOL at the daily mail post "Muslims celebrate Eid Mubarak" tf you celebrate Eid, you don't "celebrate" a greeting lmao

LOL Daily mail gonna dailymail
Was this not taken from a relatively small sample of people? Surely they didn't have the time or resources to survey every practicing Muslim in Britain?
Original post by HanSoloLuck
A person called hannah said the same thing a few posts up in this thread.

It's a veiled threat, if our newspapers don't stop reporting on what Muslims are saying, they will join ISIS and kill us.

Not only that, but the implication is that we have brought it on ourselves. Blaming the future victims/targets of ISIS for the atrocities they commit, it's sick and insidious.

We antagonized them, incited them to murder us by allowing our newspapers to report what the actual Muslim community are saying.

Yep. And it's always these same people who - after every terrorist attack - blame us for it. Disgusting people and pure burdens on society.
Well it's never going to be outlawed whether they want it to or not :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending