The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Naveed Rahman
I totes agree! Sometimes schools and teachers are too lax about these things, like its our life here? lmao

Exactly! Especially when I need an A at the very least :mad:
Original post by ellie0497
Exactly! Especially when I need an A at the very least :mad:

Well if you need any Relationship model answers or Aggression I'm happy to help!
Reply 282
Original post by theasian_csl
I dont quite know how to write those 4+5 short media answers. Would you mind to send me some model essays on media ? Many thanks !!

Sorry, media is the one i need help on too, I'm in the process of writing essays for gender, sleep and aggression tho if u need any of them.
Original post by naamaifahs
Is there anything like this for
Addiction
Schizophrenia
Eating Behaviour

I really wish there was, haven't found anything though :/
Do you use information from more than one book when writing 8+16 mark essays?
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but agh I need help :s-smilie:

Can anyone offer some help on Mead's cross-cultural study (GENDER)?

The textbook uses her study as an example of cultural similarities, saying she demonstrated that all cultures have role differences. However the findings basically show that BOTH Arapesh men and women are gentle and BOTH Mundugumor men and women are aggressive. Surely this shows that there are NO role differences in those cultures? Or am I just being really stupid (probably)...

If anyone could point me towards some good resources on this (cultural influences on gender role) that would be soooo great.
In the sleep topic for the circadian rhythm section, which essay plan did you do? The one in the book says 'describe and evaluate research into circadian rhythms' but would you suggest preparing another essay on circadian rhythms in general just in case they don't specifically ask for research?
Reply 287
Has anyone got "perfect" essays for; sleep, eating behaviour, depression and addictive behaviour?
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have really struggled with psychology this year and it's definitely the subject that will stop me going to uni as it's my least confident!!
Doing my bit

I am going to the revision courses this May in Windsor for the new AS papers and my cousin in the year above is going to the A2 courses . I have an email from the course tutors offering a code to any of my friends, I have already shared it with many and thought I would share it on here as it may help you guys

The website is already somewhere on TSR but you can find them online by searching malpcourses co uk
The code you use to get a big discount is malpexclusive

They have the old spec courses aswell for anyone resitting, My cousin is resitting paper 2 I think but they also have the new spec courses aswell

Hope this helps!
How is everyone trying to learn all the information? there's so much!!
Y'all don't need to worry too much, I done A Level Psychology last year and I'm in uni now :smile: the past papers should be released in a months times if you haven't already looked at them with your teachers. Good Luck xx

from what I can remember

unit 3

eating
Psychological explanation of an eating disorder was a 4m but I have forgotten the essay
relationships
parental investment I think
aggression
institutional

unit 4 (our paper got stolen lol)
schizophrenia-biological explanations
just revise everything in regards to media and research methods.

I felt like it was a lot to learn as well considering I had Sociology and Media Studies to contend with too

YOU WILL BE FINE AND DON'T STRESS!!

Good Luck Again!!

use a guy called wahey productions on youtube, he does videos that summarise the topics of Aggression, Relationships and Gender, along with anomalistic and depression, they are like podcasts so you can listen while travelling to college/sixth form. he does other subjects as well and now he's in uni so he makes comedy vids for your entertainment during your revision breaks :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 291
Original post by Oz.e
Sorry, media is the one i need help on too, I'm in the process of writing essays for gender, sleep and aggression tho if u need any of them.

do you have an essay on evolutionary explanations for gender??
Reply 292
has anyone got any A/A* essays for depression or addiction?? pleaseee I'm really struggling
Reply 293
I need to get an A in A2 to get into uni and I'm so not prepared for this. I've done most of my essays and had them marked and they're mostly 17+ (according to Loopa it's 16 for an A or something?) but I can't remember any of them!
Original post by SSD07
has anyone got any A/A* essays for depression or addiction?? pleaseee I'm really struggling

They do not usually ask essays for addiction, they are usually 10, 6 and 4 markers, so I do not think that you need to make essay plans for that section. I think that just doing past questions on this area may be best, and possibly prepare a 10-12 mark essay for each area. Also Interventions come up most years in addiction.
Can any one help me out?im trying to find out what the psya4 depression essay question was last year(June 2015) it's not on their website:frown: thank u
Original post by Niamhmac2
Can any one help me out?im trying to find out what the psya4 depression essay question was last year(June 2015) it's not on their website:frown: thank u

If you look back in the thread the questions were posted
Hi, i was wondering could you be asked specifically to outline and evaluate an explanation in OCD or therapy or do you need to learn all of them? e.g. could you be asked to outline and evaluate cognitive explanation or behavioural explanation for OCD? Because there is just so much to learn and i may as well learn one explanation clearly and know it well.
Anyone have last yrs PSYA4 paper?
Does anyone have any high levelled 24 mark essays on OCD please? I'm struggling with writing essays on questions like on physiological and specially biological therapies pretty please?? And what are all the possible questions that could come up as well (theoretically)? I would be really thankful. So stressed :frown: xx
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending