The Student Room Group

Guys- would you date/ marry a teacher?

Would you date (with the view of eventually marrying) a primary school teacher? Or would you view her as unambitious?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
I don't see why not.
Reply 3
why should career come in to it?
Reply 4
Nah.
Reply 5
Original post by stefano865
Nah.

why not?
Nah.

Well there goes my dreams for being a primary school teacher shattered.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
why not?

Original post by Rhythmical
Well there goes my dreams for being a primary school teacher shattered.

Too nice for me.

Prefer bad girls. :colone:
Too nice for me.

Prefer bad girls. :colone:

I stole a pen from school, does that count? :tongue:
Reply 9
I stole a pen from school, does that count? :tongue:

Perfect. :h:
Perfect. :h:

You have some high standards Mr "I think I'm a hit with the ladies because I think I look like James Dean."
It wouldn't make a difference to me now, but looking into the future a little way I think I would prefer to be with someone who has a strong maternal instinct.
You have some high standards Mr "I think I'm a hit with the ladies because I think I look like James Dean."

Actually liking 'bad girls' would technically be the opposite of high standards. :wink:
Actually liking 'bad girls' would technically be the opposite of high standards. :wink:

Ah, but they still have to hit a certain criteria
Original post by Anonymous
why not?

Ah, but they still have to hit a certain criteria

On a more serious note I would have no problem dating a teacher. A person is not defined by their profession. :biggrin:

However, I must admit to having a general preference for private sector workers over public sector ones. :wink:
There's nothing wrong with Primary teachers. Someone who knows what they want to do in life and wants to help kids achieve? That's sexy, because it means the person clearly cares.
On a more serious note I would have no problem dating a teacher. A person is not defined by their profession. :biggrin:

However, I must admit to having a general preference for private sector workers over public sector ones. :wink:

More money, that's why! It depends who they are and what they do, some private sector workers can be damn right snobby lol. And check this little dig at us. :rolleyes:

http://www.bedirectwithwomen.com/blog/the-direct-approach-is-too-radical-for-some-people-not-everyone-gets-it-a-list-of-common-misconceptions-about-the-direct-approach-from-discussion-forum-haters
More money, that's why! It depends who they are and what they do, some private sector workers can be damn right snobby lol. And check this little dig at us. :rolleyes:

http://www.bedirectwithwomen.com/blog/the-direct-approach-is-too-radical-for-some-people-not-everyone-gets-it-a-list-of-common-misconceptions-about-the-direct-approach-from-discussion-forum-haters

Not true. General attitude is what I am referring to.

Teachers can sometimes be a little detached from reality. Left-wing and idealistic.
Not true. General attitude is what I am referring to.

Teachers can sometimes be a little detached from reality. Left-wing and idealistic.

Depends. Some teachers never seem to disclose their opinions because they can get sacked I'm sure but some of them (shockingly) are right wing.
Depends. Some teachers never seem to disclose their opinions because they can get sacked I'm sure but some of them (shockingly) are right wing.

A certain compatibility of viewpoints is more the issue here.

I would probably have more in common with the average private sector worker I would imagine. The profession itself clearly isn't a problem.

:wink:

Quick Reply