The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

September 2016 - Falmer campus!

Scroll to see replies

Yh ive been waiting only since the beginning of March which is long enough, idk how u have coped waiting till january 😂😂 and thanks, i hope you reply to you soon
That least we are all in the same boat together
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Original post by RogueMc98
Yh ive been waiting only since the beginning of March which is long enough, idk how u have coped waiting till january 😂😂 and thanks, i hope you reply to you soon
That least we are all in the same boat together

*keeps refreshing the page to see if they've updated it* Just had a reply - apparently they've had a technical issue which they didn't expect and it should be live within the next few weeks
Original post by AlteredBoy
*keeps refreshing the page to see if they've updated it* Just had a reply - apparently they've had a technical issue which they didn't expect and it should be live within the next few weeks

Wow they replied quite quickly, thanks for posting it on here. At least we know now, hopefully it wont take that much longer to be live
Wooo finally accommodation opened ive applied for paddocks field as my first preference
Reply 24
Accommodation has 100% opened, for anyone who is still unsure. I have had the email. Good luck to all! x
Original post by Lilie96
Accommodation has 100% opened, for anyone who is still unsure. I have had the email. Good luck to all! x

Good luck to you aswell, i wonder if any other us will be neighbours
Good luck to you aswell, i wonder if any other us will be neighbours

Where have you applied for?
Where have you applied for?

Paddocks field as my first preference, what about u?
Paddocks field as my first preference, what about u?

Same bro! *high 5's*
Same bro! *high 5's*

*high 5*
Does anyone know how long it normally takes them to make an offer after you've applied for accommodation?
Reply 31
Does anyone know how long it normally takes them to make an offer after you've applied for accommodation?

It doesn't close until July so I'm assuming that it could take a while for them to make offers?
Original post by Lilie96
It doesn't close until July so I'm assuming that it could take a while for them to make offers?

That's long but at least we applied quickly, so hopefully we get our first preference
That's long but at least we applied quickly, so hopefully we get our first preference

When applying though they said they don't allocate accommodation on a first come first served basis. Which is a little annoying
Reply 34
Original post by naomiepriscilla
When applying though they said they don't allocate accommodation on a first come first served basis. Which is a little annoying

I read that too, but they base it on factors such as how far away you live and how much you need the accommodation etc etc... but i think there's loads of people who will be in the same boat so it can't hurt to get in there early! :biggrin:
Original post by Lilie96
I read that too, but they base it on factors such as how far away you live and how much you need the accommodation etc etc... but i think there's loads of people who will be in the same boat so it can't hurt to get in there early! :biggrin:

Yh im glad i applied for accommodation early, means it's out of the way
Hi Guys

Glad to hear you've had your accommodation emails :smile: We're really sorry it took longer than we thought to get the emails sent, there were some issues with the system that we needed to sort out.

The allocations policy for uni accommodation is available online . You can see that we allocate on a random basis, rather than first-come-first-served. This is so that the process is as fair as possible because we don't have quite enough accommodation for all of our applicants.

You'll hear from us around 2 weeks after the closing date (16th July) about your allocation. If you haven't been successful in getting uni accommodation, we provide loads of support to find an alternative so don't worry :smile: I won't put all of the extra links and stuff up here because with any luck, you'll get into halls and you won't need it, but rest assured, if you do, we'll be there to help!

See you in September :gthumb:

Original post by Lilie96
Hey!

Just wanted to start a thread with anyone who is starting at Brighton this September and will be studying/living at the Falmer campus!
I'm going to be studying English Literature and Creative writing (received an unconditional offer and accepted it already) and I will be applying for halls at Falmer, probably Paddock Fields as my first choice :biggrin:

Thanks!!

Lilie x

Hi, i put Brighton down as my firm choice, so fingers crossed if i get the results in the summer i should be going to Brighton as well i have applied to do primary education 5-11yrs with QTS, so i will be at the falmer campus as well.
Have you applied for halls of residence yet? cause i have no clue what i am meant to do for that 😂😂

Original post by Osboc
I'll be studying at Falmer campus, but I'm not going to be living there.

Original post by Vashappeninkira
I want to apply for accomodation at paddock fields too ! It looks really nice! I just want them to send us the email regarding accomodation already

Dear god I've been waiting for accommodation to be open since January! I emailed them last night so I should get a reply soon and I'll post it on here. I'm gonna see if I can get into Paddock Field, if not then I'm off to Varley Park :/
Hey!
Loads of people have heard that they haven't got a place in Halls :frown: I haven't got a reply yet, have any of you guys?
hey, i'll hopefully be studying applied psychology and sociology at falmer, if i get the grades i need haha!
i applied for accommodation at varley park but i haven't heard anything back yet, has anyone else applied for varley park? :smile:
Hey I'll be studying at mouslecoomb and I just got an offer for paddock field campus ! I dunno if I should accept it, is it really far from the center of the city ? I heard that the campus is great but that it's kinda far? Is it a good choice if I choose to be self catered ? Thx in advance !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending