The Student Room Group

Im a pharmacist, Ask me (almost) anything?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by quasa
I scored badly because I didnt revise lol (2As, 3.5Bs, 2.5Cs. in fairness the 2 As were from double science and I was 6 marks off A*s - school wouldnt let me have it remarked :frown: )

btw, my 786th post on TSR
:biggrin:

ngl I was gonna say that you
Original post by quasa
same way we call surgeons butchers and gp's layabouts :u:

You do :eek: ? :lol: :lol:

So why did you wanted to become a pharmacist ?

Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
I've never heard that shopkeeper thing before but I like it. Now I can put more people down :mwuaha:

Hahaha xD
@quasa

What A-levels did you do?
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
You do :eek: ? :lol: :lol:

So why did you wanted to become a pharmacist ?

Hahaha xD

I became a pharmacist because I didnt do much revision for my GCSEs and in the case of A levels, I had some issues / wasnt allowed to resit (namely recurrent ear infections from a hole in my eardrum, which required a myringoplasty the same day as my last exam in my 1st year at uni...which I got a first for :smile:, and PTSD from getting mugged whilst walking to my AS level exams (ironically the paper on that day had a question on criminal psychology :|),which in turn caused me to experience panic attacks whenever I sat an a2 level paper. If my grades were good, chances are I would have been in medschool (still a possibility for me to do grad entry medicine but I need the finances)
Original post by Anonymous
@quasa

What A-levels did you do?

typical asian ones :smile: (did 3 so take your pick)
Original post by quasa
I became a pharmacist because I didnt do much revision for my GCSEs and in the case of A levels, I had some issues / wasnt allowed to resit (namely recurrent ear infections from a hole in my eardrum, which required a myringoplasty the same day as my last exam in my 1st year at uni...which I got a first for :smile:, and PTSD from getting mugged whilst walking to my AS level exams (ironically the paper on that day had a question on criminal psychology :|),which in turn caused me to experience panic attacks whenever I sat an a2 level paper. If my grades were good, chances are I would have been in medschool (still a possibility for me to do grad entry medicine but I need the finances)

Aww I see :yep:
Original post by Kyx
a legal drug dealer?

you be the judge of that :wink:
Original post by quasa
typical asian ones :smile: (did 3 so take your pick)

1.) BTEC Arranged marriage
2.) A-level South Asian Food
3.) A-level Desi/Bollywood dancing

Close?

Jk
Maths, Chemistry and Biology
Reply 148
Original post by quasa
you be the judge of that :wink:

and jury

Spoiler

Reply 149
that's cool
Original post by ArabianPhoenix
What deters you from studying medicine as an additional degree, as I've noticed you mentioning that was your original career plan

Spoiler

Reply 151
Equal to the amount of football matches that I have not been man of the match

Spoiler

1.) BTEC Arranged marriage
2.) A-level South Asian Food
3.) A-level Desi/Bollywood dancing

Close?

Jk
Maths, Chemistry and Biology

dang, you guessed it! Im guessing youve seen the video of me dancing like an idiot whilst cooking masala dosa at an arranged marriage.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 153
Equal to the number of other penguins that can speak

Spoiler

Original post by quasa
dang, you guessed it! Im guessing youve seen the video of me dancing like an idiot whilst cooking masala dosa at an arranged marrage.

You know if fam. I had to reply like x10000 times.

Would you have done a foundation medicine degree?...
Reply 155
Original post by quasa
dang, you guessed it! Im guessing youve seen the video of me dancing like an idiot whilst cooking masala dosa at an arranged marrage.

*marriage

Equal to the number of my posts that contain accidental spelling or grammar mistakes

Spoiler

replay*

weirdly enough that was an option when I was doing a levels (inhindsight I guess I should have done it but was dissuaded by useless career advisers at my sixth form). I think the main factor for me chosing pharm over foundation med is probably the fact I would have had to have redo my a levels (which would have been problematic at that point in my life due to circumstances)
Original post by Kyx
*marriage

Equal to the number of my posts that contain accidental spelling or grammar mistakes

Spoiler

moral of story, stop using laptop and use my phone as it can keep up with my typing (also the laptop is 3-4 years old and has battle damage)
dude I is a guy fam and I have no idea but just generally.
Original post by quasa
tbh, even though all drugs have side-effects, most have benefits which far outweigh the risks. for acne (assuming your a girl), are you referring to isotretinoin for acne?

Quick Reply

Latest