The Student Room Group

What to put on CV

I'm 17, have worked in a cafe for 4 years as the Saturday girl, and want to apply for a job at odeon for some extra cash. However, i don't know what to put on my CV? All of the websites i've looked on are suggesting really in depth stuff, but do I really need all of that just to apply for the cinema?
Original post by baevans99
I'm 17, have worked in a cafe for 4 years as the Saturday girl, and want to apply for a job at odeon for some extra cash. However, i don't know what to put on my CV? All of the websites i've looked on are suggesting really in depth stuff, but do I really need all of that just to apply for the cinema?

Put your cafe job on it and talk about the skills you gained from it and your English, maths GCSE grades at least.
Original post by baevans99

Yes, because you are entering a competition (to win the job) and it is 'just to apply to the cinema' - a job thousands of people like you can do. So if even a hundred people apply ( and they probably will) there is a tough competition and you need to demonstrate you are the best.

I can't understand why folks don't realise that the easier the job, the more people can do it, so the more people apply, so the better your application has to be if you want to be competitive!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending