The Student Room Group

How many relationships have you been in?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Noara
Hahaha I guess so!
Let's see what happens. And what are you doing ? Uni? a levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A Levels but I fell a year behind so I have to apply end of this year. I hope you get into Beds, do you know which campus it is in? There's the Bedford one and the Luton one. I live near the Bedford one. There's not much for student life though, it kinda sucks lol.
Original post by Anonymous
eDGY!111

edgy, how exactly lol? All I meant was that I've always much preferred being single over being in a relationship. Chill out.
Original post by Indeterminate
Unparseable latex formula:

\displaystyle \left \lfloor{\int_{-1}^{1} \dfrac{6}{x^2 + 1} \ dx \right \rfloor}

Am I the only one who tried to work this out? I did well at Alevel maths but can't do it (tbf it was three years ago!) :frown:

Spoiler

Original post by Poooky
Am I the only one who tried to work this out? I did well at Alevel maths but can't do it (tbf it was three years ago!) :frown:

Spoiler

Its a math error because it's 1/x^2 which has asymptotes:wink:
Original post by Noara
Hahaha I hope so. Although if my university plan gets delayed for another year, I would be devastated.

Well all the males in my family have always had a keen interest in politics and I'm sitting there just like ..."where are my earplugs again?"

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it'll all be fine, if you've got A's and B's then you should get in without too much trouble :smile:

I take it you're not a fan of politics then 😂 Over the duration of the A level we've learnt about the UK and US political systems (core things like democracy, elections and pressure groups, as well as the governmental process) so it's been quite interesting, at least for me haha
I love science too though, I read more science articles than politics ones tbh, but I want to have a role in the governmental after graduation so Economics seems the logical step forward atm
Reply 165
Equal to the number of people I have met who knows somebody who knows somebody who knows Stephen Hawking

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
2 serious ones
Original post by JRKinder
Its a math error because it's 1/x^2 which has asymptotes:wink:

Are you sure? :colondollar: Isn't the integration tan-1(x) ( I had to google it...)?
Original post by Noara
Just wondering! I'll start by telling about myself. I have been brutally single for the last 17-almost-18 years of my life :colondollar: (and I'm so proud and happy about it lol)
Brutally single? Also the last 17-almost-18 years... wouldn't happen to be the total, would it, by any chance?

Three.
Reply 169
Original post by Rhythmical
A Levels but I fell a year behind so I have to apply end of this year. I hope you get into Beds, do you know which campus it is in? There's the Bedford one and the Luton one. I live near the Bedford one. There's not much for student life though, it kinda sucks lol.

Well, will I sound like an orangutan if I say I don't know which campus yet..? I mean, ugh you shouldn't have told me about it because now I'm going to be a cry baby if it's the not-so-cool campus. Hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Poooky
Are you sure? :colondollar: Isn't the integration tan-1(x) ( I had to google it...)?
I think you would be correct, but it's between 1 and -1 so the asymptote is at x=0. Which would imply an infinite area under the graph, so maybe he's had a lot of relationships after all :biggrin:
Reply 171
I think it'll all be fine, if you've got A's and B's then you should get in without too much trouble :smile:

I take it you're not a fan of politics then 😂 Over the duration of the A level we've learnt about the UK and US political systems (core things like democracy, elections and pressure groups, as well as the governmental process) so it's been quite interesting, at least for me haha
I love science too though, I read more science articles than politics ones tbh, but I want to have a role in the governmental after graduation so Economics seems the logical step forward atm

Hopefully! I actually got an unconditional offer from Aberystwyth University and even though it's not my first choice university, I'm so happy to get an offer lol. I had a bet with my sister of cents about not getting into a Uni!!

The only time when I studied about politics was..... Never HAHAHAHA
I don't know a thing about politics and I guess I'm happy being that way :biggrin:

I read a lot of weird articles and I don't know to categorize them so I guess I won't talk about them lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 172
Original post by Kyx
Equal to the number of people I have met who know somebody who knows somebody who knows Stephen Hawking

Spoiler

Is there some way to test my intellectuality? Because trust me, I'm a clever genius but... I am taking some time to process these....

Posted from TSR Mobile
1 (she left me because of my health), been single for a few years, now looking again after a few health problems last year.
Reply 174
Original post by rawfoodjunkie
1 (she left me because of my health), been single for a few years, now looking again after a few health problems last year.

Sorry to hear that! You deserve a lot better than someone who would leave you for your "health" (Good God!). I mean that's the time when you're supposed to stick around the most.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 175
Original post by Noara
Is there some way to test my intellectuality? Because trust me, I'm a clever genius but... I am taking some time to process these....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Equal to the reciprocal of the time taken to process this sentence

Spoiler

Original post by Noara
Well, will I sound like an orangutan if I say I don't know which campus yet..? I mean, ugh you shouldn't have told me about it because now I'm going to be a cry baby if it's the not-so-cool campus. Hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually Luton is worse, it's not a safe place and Bedford is quite a pretty town, and there are stuff here like restaurants and shops. Plus it is multicultural. And I live there :tongue:
Original post by Noara
Sorry to hear that! You deserve a lot better than someone who would leave you for your "health" (Good God!). I mean that's the time when you're supposed to stick around the most.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, It was kind of my fault to as I shut people off from my feelings for a while as I had a cancer scare and did not want to talk about it at first. Thankfully all was well in the end, I had an op and thankfully it proved to be a cyst, still very scary though.
(edited 8 years ago)
I think you would be correct, but it's between 1 and -1 so the asymptote is at x=0. Which would imply an infinite area under the graph, so maybe he's had a lot of relationships after all :biggrin:

My poor brain did not understand that but I will take your word for it :biggrin:
One, it felt good at the time but it was pretty bad for me in hindsight

I'm glad it ended :cute:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending