The Student Room Group

Primary school teacher fired after twerking video goes viral

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I can imagine them scarring children though.

wheres miss trunchable in this photo? guess she didnt get the memo
Reply 21
Original post by DiddyDec
Well done!

It is the current century.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:colonhash:
Nothing wrong with twerking during your free time, but doing whilst on video is just wrong tbh. She should have thought about her profession before doing somrthing like that. I want to find some sympathy for her but I just cant...
Well done!

It is the current century.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by loveleest
Nothing wrong with twerking during your free time, but doing whilst on video is just wrong tbh. She should have thought about her profession before doing somrthing like that. I want to find some sympathy for her but I just cant...

Original post by littlenorthernlass
No, I agree with the firing. I don't care that it was in her own time - it was still very unprofessional behaviour that is not what one would expect from a primary school teacher. How on Earth is the profession ever going to be respected if teachers are doing that?

Original post by shawtyb
its because schools need to uphold their reputations and images and if a parents saw the tutor of a school behaving like this, it would leave them to think the school are hiring unprofessional people

Funny how everyone on the school's side in this thread is a woman.
Original post by KingBradly

and that matters why?
its funny how the people who are against the firing seem to be men from what iv seen
Original post by shawtyb
and that matters why?
its funny how the people who are against the firing seem to be men from what iv seen

What about the OP?
What about the OP?

didnt check the op's gender tbh but still. whats ur point about the ones against it being women? so what.
Original post by shawtyb
didnt check the op's gender tbh but still. whats ur point about the ones against it being women? so what.

It's just there seems to be a rather puritanical section of womankind which has a total coldness towards any women (especially attractive women) who flaunt their bodies.
It's just there seems to be a rather puritanical section of womankind which has a total coldness towards any women (especially attractive women) who flaunt their bodies.

im bisexual. your argument is invalid
Reply 29
Original post by alkaline.
they backed her ass up & out of school, while she backed it up for the mandem :frown:

PRSOM :tongue:

Funny how you assumed I was on the school's side.
Original post by shawtyb
im bisexual. your argument is invalid

Did you get that one from the tumblr book of logic?
When these stories come out, I find myself more angered at the parents that moaned than the school/college. They need to grow up and get a life, but unfortunately are probably taking out lack of said life on their kid.
Did you get that one from the tumblr book of logic?

dont have tumblr.
why would i be jealous that she can twerk?
firing her due to the video is a bit much yes, something else could have been done in its place but she knows shes a teacher and has a reputation as a role model to uphold, she should also have some respect for herself
Reply 34
Hhahahah I can see why they sacked her but it is stupid

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

:wink:
Reply 36
This is a reason why some people do not want to become teachers because you can't do many things in your private life.
Original post by shawtyb
dont have tumblr.
why would i be jealous that she can twerk?

Why do you feel like you need to resort to being blatantly disingenuous if you actually feel confident about your perspective? Obviously you're not jealous about her ability to twerk, but I think many women such as yourself feel threatened by some provocative women like this because you feel they are somehow cheating at getting male attention which you view as being cheap. Sure you probably don't want to act or be like her, but it bothers you that she's getting something really easily that you feel women should have to earn and should have more (probably emotional) substance.

Original post by shawtyb

firing her due to the video is a bit much yes, something else could have been done in its place but she knows shes a teacher and has a reputation as a role model to uphold, she should also have some respect for herself

This is just straight up puritanism ("oh but how can be puritanical i'm bi", doesn't matter, the foundation of your thinking is self-evidently puritanical in nature). How exactly isn't she a good role model? She's an upstanding, law abiding member of society with a good job. She let's herself go sometimes, and so what? Surely that doesn't change any of the former things. Aside from that, what exactly is so terrible about what she did anyway? Could you explain how it is objectively unethical? Because if it isn't unethical, there isn't anything "wrong" with it beyond merely how you personally feel about it. And how do you know she doesn't have respect for herself? Respect is totally subjective. Some people don't feel that acting like she did is disrespecting themselves, because they don't have an inherently puritanical mindset.
Reply 38
Funny how you assumed I was on the school's side.

Funny how people are actually convinced you're a woman

Just seems a bit ironic how feminists are always complaining about men, when in fact women seem to be just as capable of slut-shaming and having very conservative views about how women should and shouldn't act.

Quick Reply

Latest